R&L | Here's a great company!!!!!!

I think it time to worry about rl future we need the family more than they need us. I think we need to do the best job we can to make sure we have a company to work at when all the smoke clears. I might put my app. in at fedex but I will be at the bottom of the pile if they are even hiring. I would rather be a player or get out and be at a secure place.

I think it time to worry about rl future we need the family more than they need us. I think we need to do the best job we can to make sure we have a company to work at when all the smoke clears. I might put my app. in at fedex but I will be at the bottom of the pile if they are even hiring. I would rather be a player or get out and be at a secure place.

If you look at all of what is going on not saying your not, but I thing at this time in all of our lifes there is no secure work place anywheres.We need to do what we can to keep all of our heads above water you know so good luck in what ever is going on just wish for the best to happen to al of us.

It is sad that everything has changed in less than a year. P&D get fired or layed off, team drivers are being eliminated, T/M saying things can change from one day to the next (better to worse). For years we had a Manager at the shop that would do damage to peoples personal stuff and get away with it, but he no longer at our terminal.

I would still rather be green than yellow. god bless all in ltl we may need it

And when those yellow-colored trucks are all parked and sold off, how long do you think you're gonna be earning that good LTL money?

Notice through all this slow freight and markets dropping and credit crunch that they haven't cut your pay? Why is that? It's because they're afraid of "u" know who.

Once that threat goes away, then they'll start using your paychecks in a bidding war to get more freight.

And when those yellow-colored trucks are all parked and sold off, how long do you think you're gonna be earning that good LTL money?

Notice through all this slow freight and markets dropping and credit crunch that they haven't cut your pay? Why is that? It's because they're afraid of "u" know who.

Once that threat goes away, then they'll start using your paychecks in a bidding war to get more freight.

I agree with you 100%, especially the part about the threat going away, been there done that,the company I worked for cut our pay by 30% immediately after the competitor was gone, and that is why i had to leave steel hauling and come to ltl, which wasnt a bad move.

Hey, here is good news from the NW we are getting more freight every year, and with a recent change in the region as far as management just the talk of monitoring quality and accountability has boosted the quality of the trailers I see everyday.
I am new to this Forum but there is one thing that I know that worry is a disease and can be spread by just talking I've been with the company for about 2.5 yrs and can say this is a kick butt take care of ya Company....Be thankful, have Pride, and lets make some Moolah for the owners................Trickle down Right!!

Hey, here is good news from the NW we are getting more freight every year, and with a recent change in the region as far as management just the talk of monitoring quality and accountability has boosted the quality of the trailers I see everyday.
I am new to this Forum but there is one thing that I know that worry is a disease and can be spread by just talking I've been with the company for about 2.5 yrs and can say this is a kick butt take care of ya Company....Be thankful, have Pride, and lets make some Moolah for the owners................Trickle down Right!!

Welcome to the boards...It is awesome to see someone who has a great attitude, who is thankful for a good job, with a good company..I know I am picking up more freight out of Tennessee going to the NW every day..:1036316054:

compitition in non u will drive wage most non u company pay more as total today I make a dollar more and hour than the master and control my own 401 I would be scared of a broke pention ups got out for a good reason ask yourself why

Be happy being what you are. dont bite the hand that feeds you. The Roberts always seems to be fair. All I want is a fair wage and a safe place to work and a secure company to call home.

Be happy being what you are. dont bite the hand that feeds you. The Roberts always seems to be fair. All I want is a fair wage and a safe place to work and a secure company to call home.

Amen driver!!! The Roberts have always been fair....Compare our company,and the way the owners treat us, to other companies, and its easy to conclude, we work for an excellent company...Perfect???? Of couse not, but R&L is much better than most LTL's....

:chairshot:
It is sad that everything has changed in less than a year. P&D get fired or layed off, team drivers are being eliminated, T/M saying things can change from one day to the next (better to worse). For years we had a Manager at the shop that would do damage to peoples personal stuff and get away with it, but he no longer at our terminal.

Someone should have put on a mask and waited in the bushes:highfive: when that Manager got home and cracked his kness with a baseball bat!! :chairshot:

GUYS BE CAREFUL WITH THE UNION/NON UNION TALK IN THESE FOURMS PLEASE thanks. now carry on