ABF | Here's Hoffa's T.A. TDU says Send It Back.

"..........a vacation for this year is generally earned in a prior period so just as one’s “accrual” of the reduced vacation occurred over time (i.e. post ratification of last agreement), the new accrual must happen per the Supplemental rules going forward....."

Sounds like we have to wait a year to get our week of vacation back.....

"..........a vacation for this year is generally earned in a prior period so just as one’s “accrual” of the reduced vacation occurred over time (i.e. post ratification of last agreement), the new accrual must happen per the Supplemental rules going forward....."

I like how they use the word restoration. They really mix their words here. This has to be non-negotiable all weeks lost returned this year! Even if you are for the 401k do not accept this, they will bend here! They are counting on you being sick and tired of dealing with contract talk every day and just voting in their favor. We fell prey to that once don't let it happen again!

Here's another beauty!! Laid off employees shall be guaranteed forty (40) hours Health, Welfare and Pension contributions in accordance with Article 64 and Article 65 of the New England Supplemental Freight Agreement, providing they are available for the next work call after having not been available for the first work call, providing all work calls are verified. In cases where work calls are received through an answering machine the Company agrees to leave a message outlining the work opportunity and time of the message. Laid off employees who refuse work will have broken their guarantee. Interesting so if you are sleeping or out you refused work! ( always been ABF's MO) We have bottom guys who have resigned... though they didn't know it till unemployment told them!

In general... for instance... if your anniversary date falls in March... you won't start earning... not getting... that vacation back until March of 2019... which means it won't be returning until around the end of 2019.

Zacks Favors Transportation -Truck Industry

Our Picks...

ArcBest Corp. ARCB provides freight transportation services and solutions across the country and internationally.

The company has a Zacks Rank #2 and an Earnings ESP (Expected Surprise Prediction) of + 34.5%.

ArcBest will release first-quarter 2018 earnings results on May 10. The company has expected earnings growth of 72.9% for current year. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for the current year has improved by 0.9% over the last 30 days.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-tru...132801321.html

6975039222.jpg

I just hope that they didn't waste too much money paying those attorneys... economists and administrative staff that were made available!!!