TForce | Here's what the teamsters have done for me !

Johnnybegood said:
Was the Delay time in the bid? cause it takes me around 7.75 to do my run and i may have a half an hour that i must eat....Most of these waiting time issues were in the bid before you signed...:duh:Unless you are an Extra board .
7.75 hrs. Are you speeding. When we install the smart boards in your tractor I will have to let you go at will for speeding.

Teamster251 said:
Once again, our dues have nothing to do with the pensions.

100% of Overnite becoming Teamsters would be a 1% increase in membership. What will a 1% increase do?
The pension have nothing to do with it, dues have nothing to do with it.

Having a voice in your job does.

Learn to read the post DY you may be enlightened.

Not a single post on this furom has anyone claiming to want to be a Teamster becuase of the pensions.

Get off that dead horse. What do you actually, factually know about the pensions. Please leave out all the info the company has fed you.

Back on Thrusday to read your rebuttal
T251

If we would only ad a measly 1% to your membership...why do the teamsters care if we sign or not?
If we are that insignifigant....Leave us alone!!

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
If we would only ad a measly 1% to your membership...why do the teamsters care if we sign or not?
A Lot Of us Don't Want to be left Alone, We Want Fair Representation. To Be Not Asked To Donate Time For No Pay

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
WHOSE "US"???????Speak for yourself, I don't share your point of veiw. Just wish I had those dream jobs that you non-union guys have.....Or is that just a JOE COMPANY mentallity that I just can't wrap my feeble mind around.

Apostolic said:
Now I ask you all,would you'd rather work for a company thats making a profit?

We did and we are .

Apostolic said:
Or a company thats tied to a union contract with highier employee costs,and is just making it?

Dosent higher employee cost mean the employees are getting a fair shake ???
I'd rather they spend the profits on me rather than some tattle tale computer thats going to report every time I go to the bathroom !!!
Just look at all the technology they use to keep track of their package guys . That stuff cost big money that could go to our bennies !

Higher employee cost ... I"M ALL FOR IT !!!!

Apostolic said:
But over all how are you doing?
I know most road drivers have new tractors.
Us P.& D. drivers get the old hand me down power units.

Are you getting good road miles?
Are you getting good per mile pay?

Working the city I bearly make $60,000.00 per year,and thats with a lot of overtime.

Don't you make more than that per year?

Apo,
I make the same money running the city and yes, it takes a lot of overtime to do it. However, when compared to how many hours I had spent on the road, anything over 11 hours in the city meant more money per hour(theoretically).
Now you know that Leo's mission statement says..OVER TIME we will have the best.
As our company grows we'll see an improvement in equipment,benefits,and wages.

Heard these same promises at Preston and where is Preston today? OVER TIME....it doesn't say how much time though. A year? 2 Years? 10 years? A lifetime?
Now I ask you all,would you'd rather work for a company thats making a profit?

Or a company thats tied to a union contract with highier employee costs,and is just making it?
Tied to a union contract and just making it???:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Roadway, and Yellow announced record numbers for last year, outside the YRC family, ABF did likewise, and I dare you to show me one LTL company that does better than New Penn.
When you work for yourself,you can have it your way,but if you have to work for someone else you have to make a choice,union,or non-union.

Why would you hire on with a non-union company knowing they want to stay non-union,than feel that your being cheated out of union wages,and benefits?

It doesn't make any sence to me?

Maybe hearing about the "vision" when you first signed on sounded like a good thing. But after hearing about it time after time without seeing anything improve gets a little hard to swallow. Not everyone is able to land that union job, but when faced with continued takeaways, and rule changes maybe making a change (or fighting for change) in your existing workplace is the right place to start.

It makes a lot of sense to me!!!!!

mossbackman said:
A Lot Of us Don't Want to be left Alone, We Want Fair Representation. To Be Not Asked To Donate Time For No Pay
Im never left alone. I have a whole bunch of drivers sitting with me every night with no delay pay.

Apostolic said:
But over all how are you doing?
I know most road drivers have new tractors.
Us P.& D. drivers get the old hand me down power units.

Does it really make any of you feel better that you are in newer tractor not getting delay pay ???

Working the city I give my 1/2 hour lunch away daily.

So thats 2 &1/2 hours per week.
During the week my start time varys depending on early appoinments.

I don't come in earlier than 7AM,sometimes as late as 10AM if theres no appoinment trailer that day.

Heres my day.
I swipe my card to clock in.
Get my trailer number,and D R's
Hook,and pre-trip.
Make the appoinment,sometimes skids,other times sort.& seg.

I either make 1- 3 pickups on the way back to the Term.,or come back empty.
Drop that trailer hook to my route trailer,go to the dock finish loading,get D R's pre- trip,leaving the Term.,between 10:30AM & Noon
Make all my delivers,than some pick-ups.
Back to the Term.,hand in my paper work,drop my trailer.
Put my pallet jack load bar,& hand cart away in a safe corner of the dock so it won't get run over by the in bound dock crew.

than swipe my card to clock out.

You can see my day is non-stop from Time card swipe in to time card swipe out.

I carry food that I can eat on the fly.
I'd much rather get my route done than to get chewed out by my TM for not making all my deliveries.

As much as everyone knows that its a federal law to have a lunch,the way the freight runs,theres just no way to fit it in.

Most of my Terminals P & D drivers do the same.

But I'm used to this life.

I'm over 62,and this way of life either makes me old,or keeps me young,just haven't figured out which?

Apostolic said:
You can see my day is non-stop from Time card swipe in to time card swipe out.

I carry food that I can eat on the fly.
I'd much rather get my route done than to get chewed out by my TM for not making all my deliveries.

As much as everyone knows that its a federal law to have a lunch,the way the freight runs,theres just no way to fit it in.

I've taken a lunch every day I've worked for the last 33 years .
It's Mother Truckin' guys like you that screw up company jobs for everbody , union and nonunion alike.
Instead of standing up to your TM and telling him you have too much work and too little time , you work for free ( and break the law in the process ) .
You are a slap in the face to every driver who works hard AND plays by the rules .

I have one more question for you and anyone else that works for free so they look better than their co-workers .
After you punch out , do you go right home or to your bosses' office to see if he needs any other FAVORS ?:eck13:

Apostolic said:

And you ok with a Company that runs that way?

Skeeter said:
The majority doesn't want the union. We have good pay and great benefits. Which we could lose with the union. The benefits could be cut. You or nobody knows what the outcome would be.
I could be wrong, but am sure I'm not. Every single teamster LTL gets paid ultimately the same thing, pay, benefits, fringes. There are some differences in actually pay, in pennies. Every local has some rules that benefit there members. But to state you could lose you "good pay and benefits" is absurd. As for benies, I think anything we have is far better, especially since it costs us nothing per week.
Sorry haven't really read through this thread recently, and if this has been adressed, just jump over it.

hey Skeeter, The last thing I heard is that UPS is planing on making UPSF becoming union a part of their contract. Do you really think they didn't notice us? Do you really think they are gonna let us become like Conway ! and like I said before I haven't talked to anybody who doesn't want the Union in Right Now !

mossbackman said:
and like I said before I haven't talked to anybody who doesn't want the Union in Right Now !

If you haven't talked to anyone that does not want the union, you have not been to the Memphis terminal and several others.

serta said:
I could be wrong, but am sure I'm not. Every single teamster LTL gets paid ultimately the same thing, pay, benefits, fringes. There are some differences in actually pay, in pennies. Every local has some rules that benefit there members. But to state you could lose you "good pay and benefits" is absurd. As for benies, I think anything we have is far better, especially since it costs us nothing per week.

Your talking to a wall here . Any one who runs their butt off all day and works through their meal period is always going to beleive the company has their family's benefits in their best interest .
I've said this before in other posts. Compare any UPS drivers bennie packge to his supervisor's or manager's and you will see quite a difference in what they HAVE to give us ( union ) , and what they CHOOSE ( high premium out of pocket cost )to give their managment .

APO :
I would be happy to send you the details of my healthcare plan but it looks like you wouldn't have much time to read it during your busy day . Here's some honest advice to you ...

Take a breath and slow it down a notch to notice the minor details on both sides of you as you go along . Don't worry the big VISION will still be waiting for you at the end of the highway .