TForce | Here's what the teamsters have done for me !

Well the thing is that Overnite/UPS Freight ..

never use spares,there not used at least at my terminal.
We are all reponcible to do our part.

The week I was written up,and told to pick up the pace.
Everything could go bad did.
There was to many drivers off some injuries,and vacations.

My TM was really getting reemed out by his bosses for not getting everything delivered.

You know its true what they say about everything rolling down hill.

At the time I was really floored by my TM's attitude,but I now can see where he's coming from.

He has a conference call daily with his boss,and all the other TM's in the northeastern region of the company.

Whoever is over him doesn't want to hear any reason why freight isn't being delivered, regardless of how many are off work.

So like I say I still enjoy driving truck for a living,and have compassion on my TM,so I get my stops off by giving away my lunch periods to do it.

My TM tells me he wants me to take my lunch,but is thankful that I get everything done on my route.

Seeing our inbound arrives so late,it makes everything late.

When I was in the Teamsters union I knew there seems to be enough workers to get things done,when theres someone off they brought in spares to cover their deliveries,and pickups.

But with our company not using spares,if some one calls in sick,it really puts a burden on everyone else to get the work done.

Its ok,I'm used to it.

Like I've posted before theres is not enough money an hour that could be paid to me to be a TM at UPS Freight.

Apostolic said:
never use spares,there not used at least at my terminal.
We are all reponcible to do our part.

The week I was written up,and told to pick up the pace.
Everything could go bad did.
There was to many drivers off some injuries,and vacations.

My TM was really getting reemed out by his bosses for not getting everything delivered.

You know its true what they say about everything rolling down hill.

At the time I was really floored by my TM's attitude,but I now can see where he's coming from.

He has a conference call daily with his boss,and all the other TM's in the northeastern region of the company.

Whoever is over him doesn't want to hear any reason why freight isn't being delivered, regardless of how many are off work.

So like I say I still enjoy driving truck for a living,and have compassion on my TM,so I get my stops off by giving away my lunch periods to do it.

My TM tells me he wants me to take my lunch,but is thankful that I get everything done on my route.

Seeing our inbound arrives so late,it makes everything late.

When I was in the Teamsters union I knew there seems to be enough workers to get things done,when theres someone off they brought in spares to cover their deliveries,and pickups.

But with our company not using spares,if some one calls in sick,it really puts a burden on everyone else to get the work done.

Its ok,I'm used to it.

Like I've posted before theres is not enough money an hour that could be paid to me to be a TM at UPS Freight.

If your manager can't manage the terminal properly, then he deserves everything that he gets. It's not your fault if drivers are out and he didn't account for the loss in manpower. One person can do so much in a day, and he shouldn't have to worry about repercussions or his job security if he can't cover everything handed to him. I have explained to my supes, that they could give me the same exact run 2 days in a row. Stop for stop, piece for piece, loaded exactly the same.....and there is no way the 2 days would turn in identical numbers. That's just the nature of LTL. Comparing you, a 62 year old man to some youngester that flies by the seat of his pants, 30 or 40 years your junior is totally unfair to you or anyone else in your situation. Instead of berating you he should be thanking you for your continued years of service....especially at your age. I tip my hat to you for your fortitude in your present situation. Here's another thought for you. If you are working through your lunch and breaks during the day, why can't you pull over at the end of the day to make up the time to ensure that you are fully compensated for your time? If you can go without taking lunch to cover the work, shouldn't you be entitled to take that time for yourself at the end of the day after all your work is covered? Even in the union world , we are not supposed to take a break on overtime. However, when confronted by a supe and explain that you could have taken your break at 4:50pm and missed the pick up, or made the pick up and took the break at 5:15, they tend to turn their shoulder and pay it no mind. When you can give them an answer that shows a positive money result, they usually don't give you a hassle. After playing the game for years by taking the mandatory break before overtime kicked in and missing the pick ups, management usually gets smart and say do whatever it takes to get the job done. I have now gotten the work done and taken my breaks whenever the time permitted, and have never been accused or written up for stealing time. More often than not, I hear "nice job" from dispatch.

Yes your right Animo916.taking the time after the..

work is all done is an option,and some do take the time just before they swipe out to go home.
When I'm all done with everything,I may chat a few minutes,not the whole 30 minutes,with some of the other drivers,or our outbound supervisor.
But I want to head for home,get some chow,than of course hit these truckingboards to keep up with all the truckers across the country.

I'm getting up in years,and need more sleep to keep the pace,so theres only so much you can fit into your work day,seeing its almost non stop,when you hit the clock,in,and out.

You see their not really cheating me out of the time,if I want it at the end I can have it .But I'd rather go home.

I'm sorry that I wasn't completely clear in my no lunch post.
Please forgive me.

Apostolic said:
work is all done is an option,and some do take the time just before they swipe out to go home.
When I'm all done with everything,I may chat a few minutes,not the whole 30 minutes,with some of the other drivers,or our outbound supervisor.
But I want to head for home,get some chow,than of course hit these truckingboards to keep up with all the truckers across the country.

I'm getting up in years,and need more sleep to keep the pace,so theres only so much you can fit into your work day,seeing its almost non stop,when you hit the clock,in,and out.

You see their not really cheating me out of the time,if I want it at the end I can have it .But I'd rather go home.

I'm sorry that I wasn't completely clear in my no lunch post.
Please forgive me.

So what is wrong with a half hour nap in the truck to refresh you for your commute home?

Well I just wind down some,after the freight race..

than I want to get home.

You know what they say theres no place like home.

I think thats from the wizard of oz,but it also works for me.

Good night Animo916 nice posting with you tonight.
I hope you have a good restful sleep so you can give your company your best on your next work shift.