HEY CFERS

I'm still alive and well here in Erie pa. ...went to work with Holland till they closed the terminal down. Now I'm at fedex ground. .... just making a living. Sure miss the good old CF days.

Whats up everyone? How about an update on how everyone has been doing??
I worked out of POP and CLP.
Hi,
I worked as a dockman at LNN(long Island, N.Y.) then finished my career at Roadway. I went to the driving school that our local sponsored and got my CDL which I used as the yard switcher at Roadway. Hated that job, but was able to get my time in to retire in 2008. Moved out of NY in 2012 and now live in NC. Unfortunately waiting to see what will happen with my pension as our local is going broke. Guess I will have to go back to work again. Had a lot of great times at CF. Glad to hear some of us are still around.

Hi,
I worked as a dockman at LNN(long Island, N.Y.) then finished my career at Roadway. I went to the driving school that our local sponsored and got my CDL which I used as the yard switcher at Roadway. Hated that job, but was able to get my time in to retire in 2008. Moved out of NY in 2012 and now live in NC. Unfortunately waiting to see what will happen with my pension as our local is going broke. Guess I will have to go back to work again. Had a lot of great times at CF. Glad to hear some of us are still around.
Sorry to hear about your pension, I have been reading about it. I also worked for Roadway as a line haul driver. Which Long Island terminal did you work out of?

Sorry to hear about your pension, I have been reading about it. I also worked for Roadway as a line haul driver. Which Long Island terminal did you work out of?
I shaped at the Bayshore term. in the early 80's before getting hired at St. Johnsbury. After St. J went out I got hired at the Old Bethpage term. in 1992. Also worked at the Brooklyn(NYC) term on a change of operations for a few months when they closed the Bayshore term. The travel to Brooklyn sucked and I went back to Old Bethpage(LNN) until we closed. I think I have some old pics from the last days we were open, but would have to find them. It's been a bumpy ride to retirement, but met many good people along the way, and had a lot of good times.

I shaped at the Bayshore term. in the early 80's before getting hired at St. Johnsbury. After St. J went out I got hired at the Old Bethpage term. in 1992. Also worked at the Brooklyn(NYC) term on a change of operations for a few months when they closed the Bayshore term. The travel to Brooklyn sucked and I went back to Old Bethpage(LNN) until we closed. I think I have some old pics from the last days we were open, but would have to find them. It's been a bumpy ride to retirement, but met many good people along the way, and had a lot of good times.
Did you work at Deer Park for Roadway?

Cool used to go there a couple of times a week probably saw you worked out of 120 Stroudsburg pa
I was the nervous guy who came off the dock having just gotten his license from the union driving school. I have a pretty long ponytail and worked with the other switchers Tommy(APA) and Jimmy(also a CFer). mostly worked till 3am. Most likely crossed paths a few times, My supervisor JD (real *****) probably made you do your own conversions because he thought I didn't know how to do it.