Averitt | Hey corperate>>>check this out!

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
I've been fighting the engine fan issue on 13538 for over a year. Fan continuosly going on and off or just staying on,causing absolutley lousy fuel mileage,and spending countless hrs in the shop(paid breakdown time). Nobody seemed to have the answer...this past week,I pulled a beer load out of Tampa into LaVergne Tn,I figuired I'll try one more time at the NAS shop to see if they can find out what the problem is. If they could not fix it ...what the heck I'll just let it go. One of the young mechanic tried a different A/C high pressure switch...check this out...does'nt even look remotley like the POS Freightliner factory switch
obj9.jpg

Heres the proof of results
5165vl.jpg

This was done pulling a 20740lb LTL shuttle load while enrte to WPB from FUL. I pulled a 43k T/L from from Nas to Ful...the engine fan came on ONCE..while climbing MontEagle TN...So Corperate and you people who are having this issue...this is the fix! I can't even begin to imagine ALL the wasted money spent ths last year trying to fix this issue! I've also regained my sanity,not having to listen to that EFFIN engine fan.

The next three pictures are from yesterday while enrte from AVRT FUL to WPB as I came off a 10hr break, I75 to the Fla Turnpike to Ft Pierce,2nd down I95 to the WPB serctr,3rd MT from the WPB serctr to ORL serctr Up I95 to US 192 to US441,thru town to the serctr
20tla92.jpg

ibchg4.jpg

j65ssj.jpg

Enough Said!

The MPG on his truck wasn't a result of his driving, it was the efficiency of the engine and of course JMans persistence to remedy a problem. If I got an attaboy for my MPG it would be misplaced and unearned, I reach top speed, engage cruise, the engine does all the rest. Me personally don't need to be coddled and bragged on by management for me or my trucks performance.

Iceman- You and I normally agree on most things Averitt. However.....To make a statement like its the truck and "JMans persistence to remedy a problem" is without understanding of the impact a driver has on MPG.

To imply that it's soley the efficiency of the engine does not take into account the drivers ability to progressively shift, monitor tire pressure for the correct inflation, and the ability to keep the truck between 55-60 miles per hour.

All these things have a direct effect on fuel efficiency and some drivers do a better job of monitoring the items mentioned above. Aerodynamics and engine/transmission configurations play a key role, but no monkey can consistently achieve 8.2-8.4 MPG.

Good looking numbers you got there JeepMan.......Wish I could achieve 8.2-8.4 MPG in my Cascadia.

I have met Jeepman face to face and he is like myself, we monitor tire pressure, but he has an automatic tranny so it does the progressive shifting for him. Please understand that I'm not talking down to my friend Jeepman, I'm just stating that we shouldn't expect corporate to pat our backs for something that we have no control over with today's "smart" efficient trucks.

I completely understand that the benefit of not listening to the fan would be worth the trouble. Just curious as there is no mention of what fuel milage was prior to the fix. Just for info was it Major improvement in fuel milage? :shift:

"absolutley lousy fuel mileage" was all JM said, how bad was it? I'm going to guess low 6's.

5.5-6.2....btw I drive 13538 LIKE I STOLE IT! I keep her full of oil/coolant and just drive her,since the fix fuel mileage is OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Truck is quiet...I can hear the "Dirty Thought's" of the gal driving in the car next to me!