Hey GT

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
Hey GT I know you've been in food service along time and you're kinda old. But does this truck bring back memories of when you started driving truck and delivering groceries?
55729154f5903d9c3e4405998fe421ce.jpg

Bunch of dorks! I did have the pleasure of driving cabovers, when I started hoods were popular but not the standard, alot of companies still ran C/O only, like JB Hunt and Wal-Mart. I'm not that old, Double R will understand that...I was grateful to have the experience to drive and sleep in COE's, I got to experience a little bit of history at the end, my dream is to find one and fix it up, don't know if it will happen but I still think about it!

I rode in a cab over once. My dad's an ex owner operator and had a late 70s International Trasnstar cab over man was that thing bumpy. That was way back in the early 1990s I was a little guy when that happened.

I rode in a cab over once. My dad's an ex owner operator and had a late 70s International Trasnstar cab over man was that thing bumpy. That was way back in the early 1990s I was a little guy when that happened.
I spent many a summer in a Tom Inman truck with my dad, no a/c, but that thing would run, Tom Inman drivers used to say the only thing faster than them was air freight.

Saw this today. Still active and this is not the first one I've seen lately. Saw a white one just like it the other day. Back when Schneider would give you a white truck when you did lease purchase with them. Really took me down memory lane even though I wasn't driving at the time they were popular but I remember seeing almost 100% cabovers for Schneider, JB and wally as a kid riding with my parents.
9Oz3Fj9.jpg

Loved those days!

We still have some of these Parcel argosy cabovers running local here in houston this isn't my picture just an example. Mostly in the city. As well as fedex!
9D77D97.jpg

Here is the Albino pumpkin sorry for the bad pic.
LDJgMzN.jpg

Saw this today. Still active and this is not the first one I've seen lately. Saw a white one just like it the other day. Back when Schneider would give you a white truck when you did lease purchase with them. Really took me down memory lane even though I wasn't driving at the time they were popular but I remember seeing almost 100% cabovers for Schneider, JB and wally as a kid riding with my parents.
9Oz3Fj9.jpg

Loved those days!

I remember seeing the Schneider and Yellowish light brown JB Hunt cab overs in the 1990's as well. Around what year did they start to phase those out? I'm thinking what 1998ish the Freightliner Centuries started to show up in both fleets. It seems for a while JB and Schneider ran like the exact same trucks and trailers. International Cab Overs and Wabash Trailers.
Werner though always ran a mix of stuff and I don't remember any Werner Cab Overs I remember Werner having the Freightliner Classic and Kenworth W-900s which is quite the truck for a big massive fleet to have. However Werner is the same Wabash Trailers.

For a while it seemed like every OTR company had Wabash trailers.

Werner use to have freightliner cabovers
I knew they did have Freightliner Cab Overs I just don't remember seeing any in real life. I remember the Schneider and JB cab overs very well. It seems like trucks back in those days had more character.

Y
I remember seeing the Schneider and Yellowish light brown JB Hunt cab overs in the 1990's as well. Around what year did they start to phase those out? I'm thinking what 1998ish the Freightliner Centuries started to show up in both fleets. It seems for a while JB and Schneider ran like the exact same trucks and trailers. International Cab Overs and Wabash Trailers.
Werner though always ran a mix of stuff and I don't remember any Werner Cab Overs I remember Werner having the Freightliner Classic and Kenworth W-900s which is quite the truck for a big massive fleet to have. However Werner is the same Wabash Trailers.

For a while it seemed like every OTR company had Wabash trailers.

Yeah I'm thinking around 1998-2000 also is when I started seeing the centuries come in. I too remember those big sleeper freightliner classics for werner! They did have cabovers too not a huge number like JB and Schneider but they were there. Miss those days.
fUAkH1h.jpg

I tell you what people can say what they want about Werner, but Werner has always had a very sharp fleet of trucks and trailers. I love there blue and I'm digging that Dorsey trailer. That Freightliner and those aluminum rims are real sharp.

For a while it never happened, but when I was considering OTR Werner was at the top of my choices. Decker Truck Line and US Xpress were also at the top. Decker though isn't really a starter company so they were out and even now I couldn't work at Decker because I don't have any OTR experience. However I ended up in this crazy food service game ha-ha!

My dad had two trucks and three trailers the one he had that was like the main truck was the Cab Over Peterbuilt, I'll find some pictures of it. I remember sitting in that thing way back in 1990. It was an ex Maybery truck. Maybery was a trucking company from eastern Ohio I do not even think they are in business anymore, they were a tank company. Had blue trucks with red and white strips. Nice fleet.

It seemed like the 9370 International cab over was a real popular fleet truck, but don't forget the old tried and true FLD freightliner there were a million of those on the road I think ever fleet had some.

My dad had two trucks and three trailers the one he had that was like the main truck was the Cab Over Peterbuilt, I'll find some pictures of it. I remember sitting in that thing way back in 1990. It was an ex Maybery truck. Maybery was a trucking company from eastern Ohio I do not even think they are in business anymore, they were a tank company. Had blue trucks with red and white strips. Nice fleet.

Come on give the old Pete a little respect there is no "u" in Peterbilt, sorry I had to rib you a little!