Hey Miron ...before you come to the labor...look here

Friend of the frog

TB Regular
Credits
Standing on the outside looking at this for a long time. I am fed up right now with Myron S. and his BS. A few quick points here.

1. NEMF lost money in 2007 according to MS. NEMF lost money in 2008 according to MS and NEMF has lost money every single month in 2009. There was no recession in 2007 and the first half of 2008. It was managed poorly and has NEVER recovered. The Conway experiment was a failure and NEMF never was able to turn the corner. Don't come to the labor and blame wages for the losses. Non union employees have had wage freezes since 2007, he skimmed the 401k. He changed the benefits, now he was money back. See it for what it is.

2. Why does NEMF need 3, count them 3, Vice Presidents of sales ?? That's right folks......Ed G, Ben D and Mark C.....they are making more that the $20 or so an hour the dirvers make. This is not to mention rest of the "bloat" in upper management. Trim the fat Myron, then come to the poor working people.

3. Operations is just as over staffed. There are plenty of terminals with 2-3 dispatchers.....why? Other companies operate the same territories with a dispatcher. You have TM, Ops managers, multiple shift managers.....why ??? Because they are mismanaged from the top down.

4. Sales - Why does NEMF or "the Shevell group" need 3 and sometimes 4 salesmen calling on the same accounts ? There are customers who get called on by NEMF, Carrier and Eastern Freightways reps. Your guys are not "talented" enough to sell the entire potfolio, come on, Myron trim the fat.

The truth of the matter here is that there are 3 northeast regional carriers, New Penn, NEMF and A Duie Pyle. Only one is losing money, NEMF. Thats right even NPME which is being mismanaged to the brink of extinction, in the middle of basically the second "Great Depression" is operating in the black.

So there are two choices here :

A: Myron is not telling the truth about the company's profitablity

B: NEMF is the worst managed trucking company in the northeast.

Either way its not the fault of the NEMF labor. Back off and do the right thing.

Frog man...excellent post.i couldnt agree more and have said the same thing.

But the sheep are a flockn and dont know no better....so lets vote yes...cmon now......the waste dont stop in sales.operation is just as mis managed---

the man only cares about himself.....

for all the people that "run" operations,they have really their heads in the clouds..why do we day in and day out have to have so many drivers being told to deliver in the same area as 2 more... we have two seperate drivers delivering right next to each other but thats efficent..come on now they never hear anything or do anything about this huge waste of money and time...there could be so much house cleaning of the higher ups who really have no clue on whats going on or how to do anything efficent..line haul routes that are backwards....now at my terminal why would we send freight bound for va..west for 4 hours before it gets taken off a trailer,put back on another one to finally make it to va.....are the operations people in linehaul huffing alot of glue?..if so can i have some so i can then only try and make sense of what you guys are doing....

Standing on the outside looking at this for a long time. I am fed up right now with Myron S. and his BS. A few quick points here.

1. NEMF lost money in 2007 according to MS. NEMF lost money in 2008 according to MS and NEMF has lost money every single month in 2009. There was no recession in 2007 and the first half of 2008. It was managed poorly and has NEVER recovered. The Conway experiment was a failure and NEMF never was able to turn the corner. Don't come to the labor and blame wages for the losses. Non union employees have had wage freezes since 2007, he skimmed the 401k. He changed the benefits, now he was money back. See it for what it is.

2. Why does NEMF need 3, count them 3, Vice Presidents of sales ?? That's right folks......Ed G, Ben D and Mark C.....they are making more that the $20 or so an hour the dirvers make. This is not to mention rest of the "bloat" in upper management. Trim the fat Myron, then come to the poor working people.

3. Operations is just as over staffed. There are plenty of terminals with 2-3 dispatchers.....why? Other companies operate the same territories with a dispatcher. You have TM, Ops managers, multiple shift managers.....why ??? Because they are mismanaged from the top down.

4. Sales - Why does NEMF or "the Shevell group" need 3 and sometimes 4 salesmen calling on the same accounts ? There are customers who get called on by NEMF, Carrier and Eastern Freightways reps. Your guys are not "talented" enough to sell the entire potfolio, come on, Myron trim the fat.

The truth of the matter here is that there are 3 northeast regional carriers, New Penn, NEMF and A Duie Pyle. Only one is losing money, NEMF. Thats right even NPME which is being mismanaged to the brink of extinction, in the middle of basically the second "Great Depression" is operating in the black.

Either way its not the fault of the NEMF labor. Back off and do the right thing.

thats true what a term with a term mang and an asst term mang why?

I don`t work for NEMF,but my guess is A.That is easy because nobody can take good companies and ruin them like YRCW can!!

imovaherenow does not work for NEMF, HE WORKS FOR YRC

Frog man...excellent post.i couldnt agree more and have said the same thing.

But the sheep are a flockn and dont know no better....so lets vote yes...cmon now......the waste dont stop in sales.operation is just as mis managed---

the man only cares about himself.....
imovaherenow SAY'S LET'S VOTE YES. he does not work for NEMF, HE WORKS FOR YRC

:police::police:

Steve Mad. Back Off. imovaherenow does not hold himself out to be a current NEMF employee, the thread you refer too appeared to be sarcastic in nature.

Nobody has attempted to conceal this from you or any other TB member. If you look at the threads I addressed this in yesterday, you will see I clarified this for anyone in doubt.

imovaherenow has kept his posts within our tolerances for a visitor posting in another companies forum. If you continue to attack him as a poster and do not stick to the content of his posts, you risk administrative punishment for violating rule 3.

3. Do not resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

it appears mr. mad dont understand sarcasm, but he will attack regardless..the frog posted an excellent post and so have i....man i worked there..and am friends with many people at NEMF...let me make myself clear i worked there and and not just on the ground floor man.i was never on the outside looking in.i have seen and heard all the b.s. i am trying to inform you guys and to act like a UNION..WALK TO WALK..its not everyman for himself...

as for mr steve. u got a problem brotha pm me .

it appears mr. Mad dont understand sarcasm, but he will attack regardless..the frog posted an excellent post and so have i....man i worked there..and am friends with many people at nemf...let me make myself clear i worked there and and not just on the ground floor man.i was never on the outside looking in.i have seen and heard all the b.s. I am trying to inform you guys and to act like a union..walk to walk..its not everyman for himself...

As for mr steve. U got a problem brotha pm me .
i did, please read it

There are several EX-employees that come on this board saying they still have friends here, then why, if they are friends, do you keep giving them bad advice. Also when people say they are using this just for entertainment, that is just wrong, when peoples jobs are on the line, as in layoffs. GREAT FRIENDS

There are several EX-employees that come on this board saying they still have friends here, then why, if they are friends, do you keep giving them bad advice. Also when people say they are using this just for entertainment, that is just wrong, when peoples jobs are on the line, as in layoffs. GREAT FRIENDS

Exactly. You gotta love the selective moderation around here. You can bet that if a bunch of NEMF people went to the YRC or New Penn boards and entertained ourselves with their 15% give back and pension burial (freeze if you wanna be delusional I guess) and hid it under the guise of having worked there one time or having friends there those NEMF people would be asked to stay off the YRC or New Penn boards, maybe even banned. Don't bother trying to make sense of it, you can't. Just ignore the tools around here.

You guys don't get it. People who post here don't control anything about NEMF. I have never seen so many "chicken littles"!

I guess since I also post on howardsforums.com about my Verizon cell phones, I can be jeopardizing VZW or it's employees, or there family's? Grow up guys, quit pointing fingers and control what you can control. Let ride what you can't. You continue to bash a few of us former employees who frequent this site, even though we are in compliance with the forums rules. Get over it. Debate our posts, not our place of employment!

Have I ever bashed any of you employees? No! I have said to stick together, fight for what's yours! But I digress, it is easier to blame me than to deal with the real problems you guys have. I am glad to give you the needed distraction.

Have I ever bashed any of you employees? No! I have said to stick together, fight for what's yours! But I digress, it is easier to blame me than to deal with the real problems you guys have. I am glad to give you the needed distraction.

I wasn't refering to you. Reread my post, you'll see that no where is your current company mentioned. I have no idea why you come here, and I really don't care.

My life at NEMF isn't nearly as bad as you seem to think it is. Most of the things you say really don't pertain to me.

Get over yourself.

I wasn't refering to you. Reread my post, you'll see that no where is your current company mentioned. I have no idea why you come here, and I really don't care.

My life at NEMF isn't nearly as bad as you seem to think it is. Most of the things you say really don't pertain to me.

Get over yourself.

Fair enough, but about getting over myself? It's kinda hard. I seem to be some kind of a star here. Steve Mad called me a "disgruntle person, sick person, wan-abe, or maybe your just a trader to FXN" so you can see I have a lot to be proud of. What is a "wan-abe" anyway? And, by calling me a "trader to FXN", does he mean that I am a Stock Trader?

Oh, wait. I think I figured out what "wan-abe" means:

wan |wän|
adjective
(of a person's complexion or appearance) pale and giving the impression of illness or exhaustion : she was looking wan and bleary-eyed. See note at pale .
• (of light) pale; weak : the wan dawn light.
• (of a smile) weak; strained.
• poetic/literary (of the sea) without luster; dark and gloomy.

abe - must be like Honest Abe?

So I must be like a pale, dead President. I guess I really do need to get over myself!

Ok gentlemen, never mind all the bickering, this thread was started with some facts & opinions about mis-management at NEMF. i understand all the frustration involved, afterall I work for NPME. anyways, your Philly guys turned down the wage concession and as retaliation, MS is gonna layoff 78 people. if 71 of these folks are drivers, how many guys are left ? also, what terminals did this genious think of when it comes to re-routing the frt. ? seems to me if NEMF was truly hurting financially, his management should've been ordered to take a pay cut to show equal sacrifice. afterall, theres only so much blame you can throw at the workers.

The story I got is 80% Layoff. The remaining 20% will be covering Philly metro, with Plainfield, Lancaster, Elkton and Lehighton dividing the surrounding territory. The management took a preemptive 8% pay cut before he approached the Union.

If I have the details wrong, please correct me - as I work for FXN. ;)

You guys are more than welcome to take part in discussions in the YRC forum. If you get close to the line I'll let you know. If you look through my posting history, you'll see I have dealt with this many times. Here is a good recent one.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/yrc/67729-bust-union.html#post711395

I am defending a non YRC members right to post in YRC on 9/13

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...xpress/66879-you-called-there-bluff-once.html

Here on 8/30 I advised him he was no longer permitted to post in New Penn.

There is a balance of free speech on TB. We as Mods always try to approach issues from a removed perspective. When we are in doubt as to how to proceed, we confer w/each other. If you feel my decisions were not appropriate to the context, you can PM Benny Hill or Big R and ask them to review. Open discussion of the subject however ends here. If you want to discuss this amongst yourselves from this point forward, take it to PM.