Hey Miron ...before you come to the labor...look here

Ok gentlemen, never mind all the bickering, this thread was started with some facts & opinions about mis-management at NEMF. i understand all the frustration involved, afterall I work for NPME. anyways, your Philly guys turned down the wage concession and as retaliation, MS is gonna layoff 78 people. if 71 of these folks are drivers, how many guys are left ? also, what terminals did this genious think of when it comes to re-routing the frt. ? seems to me if NEMF was truly hurting financially, his management should've been ordered to take a pay cut to show equal sacrifice. afterall, theres only so much blame you can throw at the workers.
First I would like to Applaud you for your up front post about yourself, who you work for, and stating that this is your opinion. We welcome honest sincere opinions, especially from a man with UNION HEART. Not like the other Jokers who infiltrate our board with instigating.
Now before the asking for concessions, MS did put ALL non-Union employees on a 2 day furlough per month, plus stopped contributions to their 401,with no raises, or bonuses, plus took back 5% from Eastern, and Carrier Employees.

First I would like to Applaud you for your up front post about yourself, who you work for, and stating that this is your opinion. We welcome honest sincere opinions, especially from a man with UNION HEART. Not like the other Jokers who infiltrate our board with instigating.
Now before the asking for concessions, MS did put ALL non-Union employees on a 2 day furlough per month, plus stopped contributions to their 401,with no raises, or bonuses, plus took back 5% from Eastern, and Carrier Employees.

no problem. i know who you're directing your comments to. so there was "equal sacrifice" as they say with NEMF. Philly just said flat out NO to it and are being punished for it. not that i think this economy is gonna get any better any time soon but the holidays are coming, what if they get buried with frt in Philly ??? do they bring these guys back or is the union gonna allow new hires to be brought in ? you've got to be stupid to allow missed del. & pickups due to a shortage of manpower.

no problem. i know who you're directing your comments to. so there was "equal sacrifice" as they say with NEMF. Philly just said flat out NO to it and are being punished for it. not that i think this economy is gonna get any better any time soon but the holidays are coming, what if they get buried with frt in Philly ??? do they bring these guys back or is the union gonna allow new hires to be brought in ? you've got to be stupid to allow missed del. & pickups due to a shortage of manpower.

NEMF filed a change of operation after the no vote, which would of had the surrounding terminals do their work, without missed del, pick ups, or shortage of manpower . The Union, and NEMF today came to a agreement, to let them re-vote. MS does have a Heart after all.

from my perspective it seems mr. mad thinks he owns this site and can bully anyone around..i really dont care your credentials you have that somehow gives meaning to your life..from my experiences the stewards at nemf are very poor communicators the BA...whos that?..exackly..my steward there thought he could take advantage every opportunity and it pissed off everyone--it was his sense of entitlement...

when i said i have friends there.....these are people i still communicate with and see on a regular basis..they tell me the b s going on...oh and my executive friends are higher than yours.. i have talked to MS also.whoopieeeee...when he pulls up with his bentley u think he really cares what u say

so you go ahead and defend the company and speak of you rubbn elbows with the "executive board" or MS....its funny how you really think you know them.and ur ther e friends..do me a favor take a stroll over to the YRC boards....read about BZ....There both tryin to do the same thing.. bust the union...and its working...

i'm tryn to rile the boys up?... are u listening at a union meetings brotha...i'm tryn to wake u up and also provide insight to whats really going on...

of course i'm on the outside looking in right--u want the truth..u cant handle the truth

NEMF filed a change of operation after the no vote, which would of had the surrounding terminals do their work, without missed del, pick ups, or shortage of manpower . The Union, and NEMF today came to a agreement, to let them re-vote. MS does have a Heart after all.

Do you honestly believe that scaring employees into getting what he originally wanted is having a heart?

I don't think these guys jobs are in jeopardy, this is the typical strong arm Jersey mentality.

They will accept the pay cut, Mike will act like he "has a heart", the Union will act like they earn their money and the employees will lose once again!

Did you guys notice that your Union dues are too high now?

Ask your Stewart how the dues are calculated, then do the math. You will find that you are now paying an extra 5% for this great representation! Hopefully someone will do the right thing and file about this discrepancy. 70 or so cents per driver/ week can add up!

Do you honestly believe that scaring employees into getting what he originally wanted is having a heart?

I don't think these guys jobs are in jeopardy, this is the typical strong arm Jersey mentality.

They will accept the pay cut, Mike will act like he "has a heart", the Union will act like they earn their money and the employees will lose once again!

Did you guys notice that your Union dues are too high now?

Ask your Stewart how the dues are calculated, then do the math. You will find that you are now paying an extra 5% for this great representation! Hopefully someone will do the right thing and file about this discrepancy. 70 or so cents per driver/ week can add up!

Explain the dues thing to me. Dues are calculated based on your rate. So if the wages go down 5%, the dues will follow. I won't know for sure til I get my stub friday.

Explain the dues thing to me. Dues are calculated based on your rate. So if the wages go down 5%, the dues will follow. I won't know for sure til I get my stub friday.

Dues are to be calculated; 2.5 X hourly rate / 4.

They where 12.75 right? They should now be 12.11. 64 cents less. Do check your pay stub and let you steward know!

funny how "outsiders" are schooling the drivers more than the"insider"..thanks steel
i'll advise my friends as well. they were also confused...thnks brodaa

I'm Off Topic but...

You guys are more than welcome to take part in discussions in the YRC forum. If you get close to the line I'll let you know. If you look through my posting history, you'll see I have dealt with this many times. Here is a good recent one.

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/yrc/67729-bust-union.html#post711395

I am defending a non YRC members right to post in YRC on 9/13

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...xpress/66879-you-called-there-bluff-once.html

Here on 8/30 I advised him he was no longer permitted to post in New Penn.

There is a balance of free speech on TB. We as Mods always try to approach issues from a removed perspective. When we are in doubt as to how to proceed, we confer w/each other. If you feel my decisions were not appropriate to the context, you can PM Benny Hill or Big R and ask them to review. Open discussion of the subject however ends here. If you want to discuss this amongst yourselves from this point forward, take it to PM.

Hey guys, we'll deal with the trolls and any other issues that come up here or anywhere else on TB. If you feel there's something wrong with someones post in this forum or any other forum then click on the
report.gif
button and report it or send me a PM and I'll look at it as soon as I see the PM. We attempt to allow the members to post freely until they create an issue that we need to resolve. When somebody post's something that you don't agree with then attack the subject of that post but not the one that posted it. If they're posting to cause an issue we'll deal with them for it. Thanks for your help with this issue and like VWaggs stated, if you have any other comments or suggestions for us about this issue then send them to me/us in PM please. Thanks guys.

Don't forget non-union employees also have had a wage freeze for the past three years.

Hey guys, we'll deal with the trolls and any other issues that come up here or anywhere else on TB. If you feel there's something wrong with someones post in this forum or any other forum then click on the
report.gif
button and report it or send me a PM and I'll look at it as soon as I see the PM. We attempt to allow the members to post freely until they create an issue that we need to resolve. When somebody post's something that you don't agree with then attack the subject of that post but not the one that posted it. If they're posting to cause an issue we'll deal with them for it. Thanks for your help with this issue and like VWaggs stated, if you have any other comments or suggestions for us about this issue then send them to me/us in PM please. Thanks guys.

Well said Benny and vwaggs.