High Performance Racing Slicks

TedWard

on the Chainwax
Credits
Them new fangled brakes work better now.

20120504_091701.jpg

20120504_091713.jpg

20120504_091649.jpg

Very good pics, but what is up with those friggin wheels? Around here we have tires on our dollies, I changed to the never flat tires, I got sick of dolly flats and injecting slime everytime one went low, those things look like wheels on my little red wagon..LOL I guess they work for ya, I do like the brake system, got a guy testing one here, seems to work better.

Well, Thursday I had a write up, and I saw these in the shop, they just got them in. I told them I wanted them and they were happy because they were looking for someone to try them out. I've seen other drivers for other companies using them.

The old air tires have a bevel on the side, if you accidentally rub the side of the ramp on the way down, the dolly wants to jump over the side. Well I didn't hit the ramp on Friday, but I hope that problem is gone. Also the width of the blade is the width of the dolly now, the air tires stuck out a quarter inch on each side, and I would always rub the dang tire on a stove or a rack or something when turning a corner in a tight kitchen (back up try again), so I'm thinking that problem might be gone too. I usually load my dolly up as much as I can get on it, and if I have to bump over a threshold when entering a building, well, I might misjudge the rake and the air tires will bounce me back, these new tires seem to just hop over it, so I'm real happy about that. And of course as mentioned the braking is much improved.

I feel like such a dork getting excited about something as simple as tires.