High school hoops player's stunning size

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
At 7-foot-5, Ndiaye is easily the tallest high school basketball player in California, and we can pretty much safely say, the rest of the country as well. In fact, Ndiaye is so tall that the Guinness World Records recently tried to track down an official measurement to determine if he is the tallest high school basketball player in the world.

None of those strict delineations are particularly important, of course, because one thing is certain: Ndiaye is so tall that he's pretty much impossible to defend … or get around when he's playing defense. As artfully chronicled by The Daily, Ndiaye stars for the Huntington Beach (Calif.) Brethren Christian School basketball team and is taller than any player on a current NBA roster, a place where he could find himself in a short three years if he continues developing................

7-foot-5 Senegalese teen Mamadou Ndiaye is dominating California prep hoops | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just reading this article also. As a coach, I'm not sure how you could even stop this monster. Double team him when he gets it in that deep would be your only hope. Use your fouls, and see if he can shoot free throws. A coach's nightmare for sure. He's from Africa, but it sounds like he has some good people surrounding him here in America. I'm sure that we'll be hearing from him at the next level soon.

This is really nice information. Basket ball requires tall players but this is humungous when compared to his age.