XPO | High Tech Drivecam

Exactly. And when it's your purpose to catch people and you aren't you need to create a way to catch people. Which is why we never wanted driver facing cameras. It's all about the money. Not safety or insurance or liabilities. It's about the camera makers pushing and selling a product.

Companies don't develop products to give them away. Much like inside delivery, this will be a premium service. I highly doubt XPO is going to lower EBITA just to see what the drivers are doing.

Companies don't develop products to give them away. Much like inside delivery, this will be a premium service. I highly doubt XPO is going to lower EBITA just to see what the drivers are doing.
If they think ( XPO management ) that it will make the drivers more productive , then it will happen.

This is the hook.... But if you can blame the driver and avoid having the company be responsible for just one lawsuit the extra cost will pay for itself.

This is the hook.... But if you can blame the driver and avoid having the company be responsible for just one lawsuit the extra cost will pay for itself.
In what possible scenario would the driver be at fault and the company not liable?

Yes, or actually slow down in the name of safety.
Personally, I'm not bothered by the current drive cams. I get called in about twice a year for video reviews. Not that big of a deal and I think that indicates I'm a pretty safe driver. If they were to start monitoring us while on break, I would have a problem with it. That being said, I don't think they will.

Send more drivers to other carriers that don't do stupid :::shit::: like this.

Do you honestly believe that's not what they want? We are overstaffed according to upper management. How many drivers have you seen leave your terminal in the past year? How many have been replaced? Exactly. Yes there is an industry-wide driver shortage, but our freight volume has dropped so much in the past 18 months that there is no need. Of course our industry is a volatile one, so it'll be interesting to see how things play out.