FedEx Freight | Highest Number New Tractor/Trailer/Gear

For an enlarged view,click the photo & it will fill your screen

I saw this Pete on the internet in Oklahoma using Compressed Natural Gas.
Are they just going to be using them on P & D routes?
The one I saw here is a single axle day cab.

This one also looks like it is a city tractor,however this is a KW.
https://www.arlnow.com/2016/12/08/t...-down-power-lines-in-ballston-driver-trapped/

IMG_2022-630x420.jpg
Yes OKC is using both road and p&d cng tractors. They are turning okc into a cng terminal. was planned to have the new yard in North dallas be cng but the pipeline for gas was to far away and cost prevented it. From what I was told the gas line runs right in front of the okc yard so decision was made to move it there. Got my info from a TM in Dallas.

I've talked to several people in upper management for other companies who "claimed" they're getting hammered right now on their CNG vehicles.
Since commodities such as fuel are bought in futures, they invested in CNG back when fuel prices were $4 per gallon. Now that fuel is $2 per gallon, it's actually costing them more to operate their CNG vehicles than it is their diesel vehicles which has resulting in them scaling back the use of their CNG vehicles until fuel prices rise again.

I've talked to several people in upper management for other companies who "claimed" they're getting hammered right now on their CNG vehicles.
Since commodities such as fuel are bought in futures, they invested in CNG back when fuel prices were $4 per gallon. Now that fuel is $2 per gallon, it's actually costing them more to operate their CNG vehicles than it is their diesel vehicles which has resulting in them scaling back the use of their CNG vehicles until fuel prices rise again.
The CNG craze is a farce anyway. The only thing that makes them cheaper (when they're cheaper) is the fact that CNG has no road tax. If they ever follow through on plans to put road tax on alternative fuels like CNG, the idea will dry up and blow away forever because there are no other benefits to it.

The newest 48' yet. Was quite pleased to see it, until... The landing gear was found to be defective. Would not crank in high gear. Hopefully a warranty repair. I did see it rolling later that day, so they must have fixed it.

I5EbFdE.jpg

I was looking forward to seeing the latest example of the improvements, resulting from spec review. That will have to wait for another time. :sadwavey:

The newest 48' yet. Was quite pleased to see it, until... The landing gear was found to be defective. Would not crank in high gear. Hopefully a warranty repair. I did see it rolling later that day, so they must have fixed it.

I5EbFdE.jpg

I was looking forward to seeing the latest example of the improvements, resulting from spec review. That will have to wait for another time. :sadwavey:
Nice X van! It's good that they're still investing in renewing the city fleet.

X103xx seems to be the beginning of the orange, on X-vans. Pulled a X102xx that was identical, but red. :idunno:

Very nice with all of the most current improvements. :1036316054: