FedEx Freight | Hillary for President ?

Cando :1036316054:

Those solar panels that Carter probably put in the white house were probably ugly and innefficient. My father put solar panels in his house some 30 years ago and the technology has come along way since then. When the roof had to be replaced I had those old solar panels removed and thrown away.
As far as the US fighting a war in the Middle East for oil is a tired and dumb reason given by the brainless in the wacky left.
If we wanted oil we would just invade Venezuela and we would get rid of Hugo Chavez. Venezuela's oil is a lot closer and better. Actually it is a lot cheaper to buy the oil than to try to steal it with a war.
Anybody that says that we are in the Middle East for oil is clueless and wants these high oil price money going to these unstable dictators in the Middle East so they can finance more terrorists activities.

:smilie_132:

River17, I just wanted to pick on you some more on this war/occupation for oil debate. May I refer you to this article from the Wall Street Journal....not exactly leftist by any stretch.
U.S. Digs In to Guard Iraq Oil Exports
Long-Term Presence Planned At Persian Gulf Terminals Viewed as Vulnerable
By CHIP CUMMINS
November 12, 2007; Page A6

KHAWR AL AMAYA OIL TERMINAL, Iraq -- The U.S. Navy is building a military installation atop this petroleum-export platform as the U.S. establishes a more lasting military mission in the oil-rich north Persian Gulf.

While presidential candidates debate whether to start bringing ground troops home from Iraq, the new construction suggests that one footprint of U.S. military power in Iraq isn't shrinking anytime soon: American officials are girding for an open-ended commitment to protect the country's oil industry.

That is a sea change for the U.S., which has patrolled these waters for decades. In the past, American warships and their allies flexed the West's military might in the Persian Gulf to demonstrate a broad commitment to protect the region, which produces almost a third of the world's oil. President Jimmy Carter codified the doctrine in 1980 in response to a perceived Soviet threat.

Now, amid rising prices -- oil futures finished Friday at $96.32 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, up 86 cents -- and new vulnerabilities in the world's stretched oil-supply chain -- from militants in Nigeria to occasional Iranian threats to disrupt Persian Gulf shipping -- the Navy finds itself with an additional, much more specific role: playing security guard to Iraq's offshore oil infrastructure.

Iraq's two export terminals are an increasingly vulnerable link in that supply chain. If they are both working, they can load almost two million barrels a day, or about 2.4% of the world's daily oil needs. If the four tanker berths at Al Basra Oil Terminal, the better-working of the two, are occupied with loaded ships, the cargo would represent almost 10% of global demand.

more...

U.S. Digs In to Guard Iraq Oil Exports - WSJ.com...

So what was that you were saying about me being "clueless"????

27-Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as 'The boys on the track' case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:

28-Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.

29-Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988

30-Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.

31-Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

33-James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to 'natural causes'.

34-Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.

35-Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

smoke I see that you spent a lot of time on this....and this is just from memory for me so I know I will get corrected if I'm wrong....but what does Ives and Henry...something fishy with that, and we will never know...and the questions around the Mena airport..and Drug running, and the Contras, and Oliver North, and the CIA, and many other theories ...have to do with the Clintons...and the price of tea in china?..:hide:

As much as some of you wish to believe in fairy tales, the so called Clinton Body count list that was provided in this thread is bogus as my tight buns of steel......LOL

I love tight buns of steel & fairy tales , SantaClause , Saint Nick , Easter Bunny ...

What branch of the Military did you serve in??

24th MEU - 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment here..

enlighten me!!

Don't dis-honor those men and women like that son! How many people were killed by the infadel that was in power before we obtained him?

Where did I dis-nonor those men and women? Here's my quote in full:

We are to blame for the American deaths in Iraq and not the man who sent our men and women there to fight an unjustified war because we don't want drilling in Alaska? Astounding! Your reasoning is top notch.

Didn't serve in the military. I was in the lottery back during Vietnam, always had a high number thank the stars.

Just because I didn't serve, and don't want our military in harms way because of a lunatic in the White House makes me dis-honor our military?

How?

Orgainized labor needs to vote for the party that supports their cause,period,end of discussion!
True. Actually all labor does due to the fact that as organized labor goes, so go the rest. But people get hung up on the touchy issues that are thrown out there to keep the populace off balance and which neither side will ever do anything about except act like they're trying to get something done.

I have tried to tell alot of union brothers and sisters in order to keep what we have and grow on that we must vote pro labor.And when these politicians see how serious of a voting block we actually are thier views will change in order to keep these votes.I may not agree with alot of the stance some of these leaders take, but I do know if I am unemployed and hungry I could care less about most every other issue as my own needs will over-ride all of that.

That's The Problem....vote For Some One Because They Say They Will Do Something FOR Me...think About What I Just Said For Me What About Whats For Us, If I HAVE To Choose If Where we Fight For Freedom Over There Or In The Good Ole U.s.a. Sorry I Say THIS TAKE It To Them ....DRILL IN ANWAR F.T.W LETS GO BACK 20 YEARS!!!!!!!............

I have tried to tell alot of union brothers and sisters in order to keep what we have and grow on that we must vote pro labor.And when these politicians see how serious of a voting block we actually are thier views will change in order to keep these votes.I may not agree with alot of the stance some of these leaders take, but I do know if I am unemployed and hungry I could care less about most every other issue as my own needs will over-ride all of that.

Snortin Nortin :1036316054:

If and when you are unemployed and hungry, you will go get a real job,
instead of waiting on a promise of a pension that may or not be there for you.
But some people will probably never figure out that they are better off depending on oneself than waiting on Hillary to bail you out.
We all know by now that the illegals ain't gonna get no drivers licenses in New York thanks to Hillary.

If and when you are unemployed and hungry, you will go get a real job,
I am sure I will I have never been one to take a hand out those are for the less fortunate of our society.
instead of waiting on a promise of a pension that may or not be there for you.
If I were a betting man I'd say that pension will be there at least in some form.Besides I have my self pay 401K to back me up.When you get down to it the pension and your company match 401k are not so far apart, we both are counting on money from our respective employers.(by the way how much is that FedEx pension worth a month ?)
But some people will probably never figure out that they are better off depending on oneself than waiting on Hillary to bail you out.
Depending on myself and having a party such as the republicans selling every American out every chance they get. are two different things.Personally I don't like Hillary but I like Rudy less and I believe a chimp could do that job better than the current baffoon in the oval office now.
We all know by now that the illegals ain't gonna get no drivers licenses in New York thanks to Hillary.

At least she is advocating they become truck drivers up here.Like a certian illustrious leader from Texas who was told point blank We The People Do Not Want This but he was and is still to dumb to listen.:smilie_132:

Hillary I think will do good for the economy. As far as spending, I don't know if anyone can spend more than what bush has. I guess it comes down to your core beliefs of being a republican or a democrat.

My vote will be who will stand strong on the war against terror.

Iraq is vital to our future. We can't afford to take the chance of leaving a country in chaos to extreme Islamic militants. There is to much natural resources in the middle east that we as Americans depend on and need for our survival as a country. If we leave then Iran would take over as the powerhouse in the middle east with potential nuclear capabilities. Iran could potentially control the oil supply coming to the west by using there power to strong arm Saudi Arabia and other countries in the middle east to set prices however they choose and would screw America.

I think this should be on everyones radar when they decide which candidate to vote for.

If dem's come in and pull out of Iraq. I am afraid for my kids and grandkids because one day If what I said is true then we will be forced to go back.

My 2 cents.

This is why I voted for the Alfred E. Newman look alike and why I would vote for John McCain if he get's the Republican nomination.

The most important issues in this electoin are going to be Terrorism and national security! The dems are a weak party and that all they care about is health care and cut and run from Irac. The dems thinking is give peace a chance:butt kiss: We have to take it to them before they take it to us, Our country cant handle another attack like 911 or God forbid some sort of chemical attack that would just destroy our fragile economy. These are differant times my friend so dont think shes going to be another Bill Clinton:chairshot: If you think taxes are high now just wait and see how high they go if a dem gets in office, Thats what they do raise taxes and act like they love everybody.

Get a Grip

"The most important issues in this electoin are going to be Terrorism and national security!"

Those will be two of the many. You forget that most people in this country have not been affected by either the twin towers, (except their revulsion and outrage), nor the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. (And soon to be Iran).

I wasn't alive for WW II, but I've heard of all the sacrafices the American people made to support the war. What have we done really to support our troops besides borrow money from China to pay for it?

You can still get gas anytime you want, throw that aluminum can into the garbage, waste as much expensive resource as you care to. None of it matters because the bill for the wars hasn't come due yet.

You sound like you want people uncovered by medical insurance. There are countries besides Canada who have national healthcare and it works. Of course, they don't have commercials on TV pushing drugs you have to have because you may be sad or have restless leg syndrome. American people love to be sick and take drugs to make themselves feel better.

"The dems are a weak party and that all they care about is health care and cut and run from Irac."

The dems are not a weak party. They are a disorganized party, just like the repubs are now. They care for more than health care and getting out of Iraq. You've let the right pundits do your thinking for you. Limbaugh isn't a professor of politics. While you enjoy your weekend, thank the dems for that as they are the ones that "invented" the weekend. They also wanted safe workplaces. (You know, guards on spinning shafts and safety harnesses). As far as I can tell, the repubs would like factories to be run like they were in the 20's. More profit and child labor.

As far as "cut and run from Irac", what is your suggestion beyond nuking the middle east? How long do we stay and at what cost to our country?

Here's a fact for you, a Saudi woman was gang *****. Her rapers got 8-9 years. She too was sent to prison and received 200 lashes. Why? For being in the car of a man who was not a relative. That is from our biggest Allie in the middle east. This is what you want us to fight for to protect.

"We have to take it to them before they take it to us, Our country cant handle another attack like 911 or God forbid some sort of chemical attack that would just destroy our fragile economy."

I would think that you would have more confidence in the people of your country. We could survive another attack. Planes or chemical. Would it hurt? Yes. Would it "wreck" our economy? I don't think so. (dubya is doing a fine job at that on his own). What did you see when the towers fell? I saw people working in constant danger to look for survivors and victims. I saw a monumental mess cleaned up and carted away in a very short amount of time. I saw American people coming together as a nation. I was in a Target the day they had a minute of silence. It was both eerie and comforting and binding. I saw people in the aisle ways cry, hugging their husbands, wives, children. When it was over, we went back to what we were doing. That's what I see. What I get from you is that we are one event from crumbling as a country. To you, haven't the terrorists already won?

Should another attack happen, you may not be able to live the life you now do. You may not be able to gas up whenever you felt like it. You may not be able to afford to drive that gigantic SUV or pick up truck. What a sacrifice.

"These are differant times my friend so dont think shes going to be another Bill Clinton If you think taxes are high now just wait and see how high they go if a dem gets in office, That’s what they do raise taxes and act like they love everybody."

I don't like high taxes just like anyone else. We don't get what we pay for and so much of it is wasted. I'm all for accountability for our tax dollars. Million dollar museums and bridges to tiny towns in Alaska shouldn't ever see the light of day. Let alone added to bloated war spending bills.

That being said, who is going to pay for this "war on terror"? Who is going to pay to fix our infrastructure? Big Business? Doubtful. While CEO's pull down 100 times the money yearly you will every see in your lifetime, our country falls apart from within. I don't know who is going to come up with the trillions of dollars we need to fix our roads and bridges, but it isn't going to be Chevron or Lilly Miller. It's going to be us. So you can either rant and rave about meaningless trivia or get your head out of that Limbaugh fog and do some research and quit seeing it as us against them. (Dems vs Repubs). We all live here and it is going to take us all to fix what is wrong with this country.

The start is getting the ruling party out of the White House. Will the Dems fare any better? Don't know. What I do know is that they can't do any worse than this monstrosity of an administration we and the world currently endure.

PORK PORK PORK. The Dem accuse Pres. Bush of hating children because he vetoed their pork intense health care bill. I think but not sure it was because of the pork in the bill. Hard to tell cause the republicans have really learned to love pork also.
Maybe it's time to try a president who has actually ran a corpration and knows that if you spend more than you take in, you won't stay in business for long. (Mitt Romney)
What about the Trade inbalance? Wile Hillary is busy taking planted questions, the Chineese could colapse the dollar, The only candidate I've headr talk about this is Duncan Hunter.

WAR: does'nt matter who

Let's be realistic (and hypothedical) here about terrorism & national security--If Bush could remain in office until the day he died,these problems would still be there (and here) because these problems are never going away, no matter who is president.So what choices would ANY president have? Keep the maximun # of troops over there forever or respect what the MAJORITY of the citizens want?The presure as you all know has been put on Bush to start withdrawing with a timetable which will take a long time. Now do you think that a dem. pres. is just going to pull the plug &bring all troops home at once?I don't think so! Both parties know what the majority wants,but the dems. know that it pointless to drag this on as long as Bush wants to.

Democrat!......now which one???

No,we need people like Warren Buffet to lead us!!!I dare all people & especially repubs. to google him & get eduacated. Read: fort. mag. W.B.-wikipedia,Philantropy-Public Stances. Read:Teamsters-click 2008 pres. elect. & see who is supporting the working man &woman. To be coninued...... My blood is starting boil & my fingers are tired from pecking.

The most important issues in this electoin are going to be Terrorism and national security! The dems are a weak party and that all they care about is health care and cut and run from Irac. The dems thinking is give peace a chance:butt kiss: We have to take it to them before they take it to us, Our country cant handle another attack like 911 or God forbid some sort of chemical attack that would just destroy our fragile economy. These are differant times my friend so dont think shes going to be another Bill Clinton:chairshot: If you think taxes are high now just wait and see how high they go if a dem gets in office, Thats what they do raise taxes and act like they love everybody.

And why is Terra' and Nat. Security the #1 reason? Because Bush has made us less safe with his illegal invasion and occupation of a Muslim country which quite seriously posed very little threat to us. Quit being so gullible and fearful, already! Fear, fear, fear! Are we afraid enough yet? Let's destroy the constitution, because Bush wants to protect us. "Cut and Run"! Use your own mind much? You are being willfully ignorant of what the Democrats care about. They are the serious party for getting our national energy plan moving toward renewable energy. They are for "functioning" government. Have you noticed how nearly every government agency under the Republicans has been corrupted by political cronies who have no experience or who are former lobbyists. Remember "Brownie, you're doin' a heck of a job"? A man was put in charge of FEMA who didn't have a clue what he was doing, just like his boss Mr. Bush. Notice the head of the Consumer Product Safety Commission last week was found to have taken junkets paid by the very companies she was tasked to oversee. Another prime example that if you don't believe in government, you can't govern. This pattern has been repeated before. In the early part of the twentieth century, the Republican Party led this nation off a cliff economically ending with the stock market crash of 1929 and the ensuing Great Depression. It was no wonder that Democrats were given control for the next forty plus years after rescuing this country from the abyss created by Republicans. This current generation is learning a valuable lesson. I just hope there are enough non-corporate corrupted Democrats left to do the rescuing this time, and I don't think that includes Hillary. Notice how the big corporate media just loves her? They know who's been bought and paid for. It goes without saying of course, that any Republican will fit their bill also.