ODFL | Hired

jebster

TB Lurker
Credits
I got the call today that everything checked out and I am hired. Start on the 27th in Columbus, Ohio. As far as driving jobs go, that took the longest from application to hire.

jebster said:
I got the call today that everything checked out and I am hired. Start on the 27th in Columbus, Ohio. As far as driving jobs go, that took the longest from application to hire.

congrats, thats a huge terminal. How long did it take you from application to hire?

About a month, but I had to deal with some doctors so that held things up a little. Looking forward to getting started.

remember

Remember,one thing when you get started,you've got to make it while it's there to be made.All trucking companys have their ups and downs.Right now O.D.is on a big up,but I've seen many downs.

Well it's been 3 weeks on the job and I can't complain too much. I started off nights but have been running during the day for the past 2 weeks. Still trying to get the hang of the system. I've layed over a couple of times and can't complain about where OD puts you up. All have been nice places. Have made about a grand each of the last 2 weeks. Everyone has been very helpful with all the questions I've had. I know it isn't a perfect company but I will never go back to OTR if I ever leave OD.

jebster said:
Well it's been 3 weeks on the job and I can't complain too much. I started off nights but have been running during the day for the past 2 weeks. Still trying to get the hang of the system. I've layed over a couple of times and can't complain about where OD puts you up. All have been nice places. Have made about a grand each of the last 2 weeks. Everyone has been very helpful with all the questions I've had. I know it isn't a perfect company but I will never go back to OTR if I ever leave OD.

was that u i sawl pullin outta phl with both of your trailers padlocked?

jebster said:
Congrads there jebster.......welcome to the world of LTL. Like it was posted there are ups and downs. Like we say in NC "Make hay while the sun is shining". Good Luck. DS.

DirtyRice said:
was that u i sawl pullin outta phl with both of your trailers padlocked?
No that driver was me.By the way the thieves were back and cut through the fence and got in to 5 trlrs.Two of them were the ones I were taking.Dispatch didn't know until I told them that my doors were open.

Skywalker said:
No that driver was me.By the way the thieves were back and cut through the fence and got in to 5 trlrs.Two of them were the ones I were taking.Dispatch didn't know until I told them that my doors were open.

ahh yeah i did notice the fence was all messed up, yeah i was the guy that pulled next to you with a pup to drop and i got out and said its crooked and u said thats alright.