Holland | Hiring at Holland?

Hey Beermug,

Have you tried Bensenville, Wheeling, Joliet, and Chicago?

You mentioned that Holland might not like guys who have a lot of experience, and I want to tell you that that is not necessarily true. It seems to me like they like to hire guys who don't have to work for another 30 years and get all the vac. time and what not. I too had a helluva time getting on. I love it though. Best company I have ever worked for.

Big Robbowski,
I initially applied at Chicago in March. Then called Joliet to see if they were under the same hiring process, they never got back to me after calling them a few times too. I know it's a worth waiting for, but the indefinite time of waiting is the killer part.
How long did it take for you to get the job?? Anybody else too, how long was the wait?

Big Robbowski,
I initially applied at Chicago in March. Then called Joliet to see if they were under the same hiring process, they never got back to me after calling them a few times too. I know it's a worth waiting for, but the indefinite time of waiting is the killer part.
How long did it take for you to get the job?? Anybody else too, how long was the wait?

Joliet has been hiring as of lately!! Do not rely on a phone call, go to the terminal and fill out a application. Like the other driver said go to Wheeling also. Bensonville will most likely be hiring later on this summer after the change to put road drivers their.

It should only take a couple of weeks if they are hiring to get your physical, drug test, road test, and back around check down.
Their is some reason that they are not calling you back. Because they claim it is hard to find quality driver in the Chicago area. Just my 2 cents.

I hear you JimJoe, Well if there is a reason they're not calling me, they sure haven't told me. I think they aren't really hiring. They advertise on their web-site for drivers in Chicago, if Chicago is not hiring they should update it. (Highlight and delete the ad for Chicago)
I'm not going to stress out over it, I'll just move on. My record can't be any cleaner for them.
Thanks Anyway!

Holland is goofy in hiring on. They will not say one word either way even after you do everything for them (i.e. drug screen, road test, physical, interviews, forklift test, jump your personal vehicle through flaming hoops of death in the parking lot, and streaking at a local baseball game.) Then all of a sudden your phone will ring. Even after you get hired they don't bother you.

If I was in your shoes I would go to Joliet and fill out an ap. in person. They are really friendly, and the yard guys are cool as hell, they will take you right to the person you need to see.

Either way, good luck! I wish you and yours the best in whatever you do.:1036316054:

Thanks Again BigRob, I'll take a run out there tomorrow. I have nothing to lose I guess except $3.60 a gal for gas. That is one reason I stay around where I live, the gas will eat you up alive!:cuss:

Holland is goofy in hiring on. They will not say one word either way even after you do everything for them (i.e. drug screen, road test, physical, interviews, forklift test, jump your personal vehicle through flaming hoops of death in the parking lot, and streaking at a local baseball game.) Then all of a sudden your phone will ring. Even after you get hired they don't bother you.
If I was in your shoes I would go to Joliet and fill out an ap. in person. They are really friendly, and the yard guys are cool as hell, they will take you right to the person you need to see.

Either way, good luck! I wish you and yours the best in whatever you do.:1036316054:

So true, so very true.

Would Holland hire someone that just turned 21 and has over a yr driving? I'll be 21 in sept and want to go ltl and i've been doing foodservice for over a year. its like a year and 4 months. Would Holland hire me with that experience? foodservice is kinda like p&d work you do alot of stops during the day dealing with customers and you go into alot of tight areas. thanks for your help.

Josh

Be Prepare to run your butt off big time...great outfit...but you will know what it is like to run while you are on low pay for the next 24 months....forget about being off....good luck....

I kinda thought maybe since i have some type of local delivery experience they might consider me. I will have close to 50,000 miles. i put on 200-300 a day depending on my route. I run my butt off the way it is now. you have to deliver before lunch to alot of my customers so i have to run to try and get to some of these places before lunch otherwise you have to wait a few hrs then your other customers are mad cuz your late. I kinda hope they would consider me.

I kinda thought maybe since i have some type of local delivery experience they might consider me. I will have close to 50,000 miles. i put on 200-300 a day depending on my route. I run my butt off the way it is now. you have to deliver before lunch to alot of my customers so i have to run to try and get to some of these places before lunch otherwise you have to wait a few hrs then your other customers are mad cuz your late. I kinda hope they would consider me.

Never know til you try, Good Luck!!:1036316054: :1036316054:

It just all depends on who else is available to hire. They hired a dude that had a CDL/Haz-mat with experience driving for a pallet/skid company. Just go and put in your application and call back once a week until they hire you. Make sure you don't miss putting ANYTHING down on the application, be honest because they really do a serious background check.

It just all depends on who else is available to hire. They hired a dude that had a CDL/Haz-mat with experience driving for a pallet/skid company. Just go and put in your application and call back once a week until they hire you. Make sure you don't miss putting ANYTHING down on the application, be honest because they really do a serious background check.

VERY, VERY THOUROUGH BACKGROUND CHECKS If you owe some money for an overdue book from the library at the elementary school you went to-get paid up.

Benny knows, those guys and gals in HR pick through everything with a fine tooth comb.

yes holland can haul it but seems as if we are getting like all the other companies,claims are at a all time high we haul the freight that we laughed at 4/5 years ago. the logistic load bars are a joke what happened to deck trialers and floor load kick it out.City loads look like out bound loads is it the yrc way.have seen many drawing on the trailer walls lately not by skippy warner but about uss holland sinking just hope that we can find another job like the one we had before yrc

Wireman and Owlpuss,
I wish my house was portable, I'd be out there!! I'm still waiting for the call in Chicago. They told me on 6-6, that she did not get the word yet from the home office to put anyone on yet. Another application was not being accepted anywhere else until my 6 months application expires. I asked about surrounding terminals with in reason of Chicago to work out of.:Pick-Me:

wireman 123 thats not holland culture get it or get gone take bad and go someplace else I work for holland in albany ny and this is the best job i have ever had I put the past hireingbehind me and and give all i got everyday and thank god for my union job