FedEx Freight | Hiring Company P & D Drivers

Credits
I Saw the other day that Watkins(Fedex Nation LTL) is hiring for company P&D drivers in houston area. I Currently work for another freight company. Just wondering What the pay rate is and do you guys have to work the dock. Any other information you can think of would be helpful too.

Welcome to th boards bballpirate,

A FedEx National driver should be along shortly tht can answer your questions, you could also call your local center or stop by.

FM

I am no longer a WML employee but in my area Va. Starting pay was 16.85 then in june ya get .35-.55 raise, then every year on your hire date ya get another raise to the next level. Takes about 4 years to get to top pay which is now 21.00hr . some areas start at different rates but that mostly were they have a hard time in finding help. I don't know how it is now but be prepared to take 4-5 test, mental,and true false. They are strict about who they hire. With the buy out who knows what will happen but if ya make it, you will be taken care of .

im a wml/fedxn now driver, top is 21 an hour even with ot after 40. but with fedx buying us who knows what changes are coming,i think they will be good changes. and at present no drivers have to work dock,and it takes 3 years to top out.

if you can live on 21\hr great, but if you've been a multiple truck contractor it will be hard to take a huge pay cut

yes it will, i have a buddy here that has 4 trucks and has done very well for himself and is going to take big hit,other 2 contractors already left. but he been around awhile and is sticking it out to see what fedx offer them as company. i guess if you a contractor you should know this can happen. it might suck but this is life and we move on. i think he will be fine.

:holysheep: We have lost 4 city contractors this week alone. We are also missing pickups due to nobody out there to get the freight. The city called L/H dept today to get 4 drivers to drop volume loads.

i think that as the contracters find work for theirs trucks they are goin to leave. To much to risk by waiting for the deal to finalize, I don't blame them but they are leaving WML out in the cold.People soon forget about how much a company has done for them in the past. I wonder if there was any warning or notice that they were leaving.Thats bad business.

bballpirate said:
I Saw the other day that Watkins(Fedex Nation LTL) is hiring for company P&D drivers in houston area. I Currently work for another freight company. Just wondering What the pay rate is and do you guys have to work the dock. Any other information you can think of would be helpful too.
On monsterjobs.com , they advertised that the starting pay is @ $19.60 hr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if that is accurate:bgroovy: :duh: :wavey: good luck,i`m @express in houston as a ctv driver (commercial transport vehicle/tractor-trailer driver) 3 years and still not @ $19.00 yet. i thiought about supplementing a second job over there, but they wont allow us to moonlight within the corp., a competitor etc. I`m here for the benefits and i am p/t.

fr8rookie said:
i think that as the contracters find work for theirs trucks they are goin to leave. To much to risk by waiting for the deal to finalize, I don't blame them but they are leaving WML out in the cold.People soon forget about how much a company has done for them in the past. I wonder if there was any warning or notice that they were leaving.Thats bad business.
Per the contract 3 days written notice is all that's required.
What has the company done for me?
I'm the one that has done the utmost to make sure all the freight in my area was delivered.
It's just business.
Some win and some (p&d contractors) lose.
:nutkick:

they have to do what's best for them. take care of your self first i sure would if i owned my owen trucks. set a wait for what. do you really think fedex cares about the contractors. your rolling the dice by waiting round if you find somming thing that works for you you move on. the company will . good luck to all of you. in what ever your choice may be. you'll must take care of your self and not worry about the company .

joe bucker said:
:holysheep: We have lost 4 city contractors this week alone. We are also missing pickups due to nobody out there to get the freight. The city called L/H dept today to get 4 drivers to drop volume loads.

DLS driver here. Alot of Dallas P&D contractors have drug up. Sacramento has lost some P&D drivers,contractors mostly I think to,and there's a hiring freeze till September. Last week when we were out there we went to SFC & back. Haven't had to do regional runs out there in a while. Worked out well though,got back to SAC and got an "@'a'boy" & a HBG. For what it's worth I think we'll be fine as FedEx Na. LTL. I'll just be glad when it's complete,like everyone else.

anybody knows if hiring in fort worth, planing to move to TX, i am from LA and working for fedex national ltl , trying to get transfer .Do anybody knows what are they paying?

ALEXRIVE said:
anybody knows if hiring in fort worth, planing to move to TX, i am from LA and working for fedex national ltl , trying to get transfer .Do anybody knows what are they paying?

If you go the Watkins.com (website), click on employment. They have about 49 positions available in the different states along with the contact person.

ALEXRIVE said:

Dallas Has been hiring up a storm for P&D don't know if they still are. They have hired over 30 drivers in the city. If you are at top pay, top pay in Dallas I think is 21.00.