Holland | Hiring in Louisville.....

Didn't they bring back the layed off road drivers in Louisville about 2 weeks ago.

Then the following Friday turn around and lay another 8 of in nashville!!

They brought all road guys back but NO city, IM city. and they lay 4 more city off firday 4-4-08

How Can You Hire In Lo When You Cant Shut Down On Time I Had A Buddy Sit There Tell Almost 5 A.m. On Friday Nite That Bull ::shit:: Tell Your City Boys They Better Get There ::shit:: To Getter Before There Looking In Not Working Thats Bull ::shit:: A Guy Getting Over 9 Hours Of Layover Cause You Guys Dont Want To Work Cause You Have Guys Laid Off Your Not The Only Ones Out There Get Your ::shit:: Together

:1036316054::biglaugh:
How Can You Hire In Lo When You Cant Shut Down On Time I Had A Buddy Sit There Tell Almost 5 A.m. On Friday Nite That Bull ::shit:: Tell Your City Boys They Better Get There ::shit:: To Getter Before There Looking In Not Working Thats Bull ::shit:: A Guy Getting Over 9 Hours Of Layover Cause You Guys Dont Want To Work Cause You Have Guys Laid Off Your Not The Only Ones Out There Get Your ::shit:: Together

Hire In Lo Thats Funny

:1036316054::biglaugh:

:1036316054: I guess they don't remember the last time they tried that sh** and the company pulled all the relay frieght out of there. Good luck LO.

I dont think they are hiring right now! Scroll back a tad, This is an old thread boys!:1036316054:

It is an old thread, but my post still stands. Who is it going to hurt more slowing a city operation to a crawl? the company? management? the customer? or us when it starts costing YRC enough money they finally say screw it and close the doors. I am by no means a company man, but lay-offs have always been part of business, and with Hollands practice of overhiring for many years, who thought it would last forever? Have you ever said in the past "why are the hiring more people?", just to lay them off a week later? I know I have. OK, with that said you can all flame me now.:biglaugh:

No DOOGIE I agree, slowdowns do not work!! They will just run the freight around you until you beg for mercy! OK now I will take the heat for you!:hide:

Make that three in your corner Doogie. Slowdowns are not going to bring a single Teamster back to work. Furthermore the city guys will not win the war either. YRC is holding the padlock to the gates in their hand so they have the ultimate weapon. Some of the barns need to quit acting like children and just do the job they are paid to do efficiently so we all have employment in the future.

:1036316054: I guess they don't remember the last time they tried that sh** and the company pulled all the relay frieght out of there. Good luck LO.

Posts like these make us all look so very, very STUPID! Neither one of of you know what you're talking about. As far as last Friday, your buddy just made you tell something that either he lied to you about or he listened to the break room trash talkers. For both of your knowledge I'll tell you what took so long last Friday. First of all everybody that worked stayed as long as they could legally, some people only had eight hours available to work last Friday. Every week the same people run out of hours, Holland keeps laying off people with to much work for the people that they have to get done. There were some men that worked 18.5 hours last Friday before they were allowed to go home. The guys in Louisville are as good as any other terminal in Hollands system, better than many I'm sure. It really "upsets" me when someone gets on here as repeats something so outrageous and so full of crap that it embarrasses me to work with someone that is so ignorant. The equipment available on the Friday in question was another factor, there were no trailers to be had. Most every load picked-up was stripped and then reloaded as an outbound load. When you have to handle most every piece that goes out two to three times it takes a long, long time to get it done. There were several other things that happened too, but I won't waste my time telling you guys any more because you know everything already. Next time don't listen to your "buddy" get on Truckingboards and ask someone that can tell you the truth by having a little firsthand knowledge about the subject that you want to inform yourself about.

And for your info, we didn't slowdown and get the relay taken away from us because we were bad little boys. They pulled the relay out because they wanted to pull the relay out, period. Ask Grizz about the crap that they have been going through lately. Its the same thing that we went through during that time that they stopped the relay. They tell you that you're great and then they tell you that you're worthless and you need to do much more or else. Guys you may be very nice, informed, intelligent people but you didn't make a believer in me or anyone else but yourselves on these posts. Say what you want back to me but the bottom line is you owe everyone in Louisville an apology for making such a blatant misstatement of the truth. I'm still in disbelief as to why someone would tell you about something that they knew nothing about and why you would come on a website spouting off about things you also know nothing about. I think you probably understand by now that I feel that your posts in this thread leave a lot to be desired. In other words, next time know what you're talking about before you shoot your big mouth off on Truckingboards! I'll end my reply to your mis-truths now and I hope you understand that this is very personal toward you both, since it was taken very personal by me. Do us all a favor, don't just post to fill up some space on this site, post something informative for us all to read.

Sorry to everybody else but I've been on vacation all week and when I read these stupid posts that are so very wrong I had to set the truth free.

Comtoolate, I don't know how the Mods let you slip in the S-word so many times without letting you know that you should read the rules before posting again. I really would like to lower myself to your standards and tell you what I really think but I'm better than that, just barely.

Posts like these make us all look so very, very STUPID! Neither one of of you know what you're talking about. As far as last Friday, your buddy just made you tell something that either he lied to you about or he listened to the break room trash talkers. For both of your knowledge I'll tell you what took so long last Friday. First of all everybody that worked stayed as long as they could legally, some people only had eight hours available to work last Friday. Every week the same people run out of hours, Holland keeps laying off people with to much work for the people that they have to get done. There were some men that worked 18.5 hours last Friday before they were allowed to go home. The guys in Louisville are as good as any other terminal in Hollands system, better than many I'm sure. It really "upsets" me when someone gets on here as repeats something so outrageous and so full of crap that it embarrasses me to work with someone that is so ignorant. The equipment available on the Friday in question was another factor, there were no trailers to be had. Most every load picked-up was stripped and then reloaded as an outbound load. When you have to handle most every piece that goes out two to three times it takes a long, long time to get it done. There were several other things that happened too, but I won't waste my time telling you guys any more because you know everything already. Next time don't listen to your "buddy" get on Truckingboards and ask someone that can tell you the truth by having a little firsthand knowledge about the subject that you want to inform yourself about.

And for your info, we didn't slowdown and get the relay taken away from us because we were bad little boys. They pulled the relay out because they wanted to pull the relay out, period. Ask Grizz about the crap that they have been going through lately. Its the same thing that we went through during that time that they stopped the relay. They tell you that you're great and then they tell you that you're worthless and you need to do much more or else. Guys you may be very nice, informed, intelligent people but you didn't make a believer in me or anyone else but yourselves on these posts. Say what you want back to me but the bottom line is you owe everyone in Louisville an apology for making such a blatant misstatement of the truth. I'm still in disbelief as to why someone would tell you about something that they knew nothing about and why you would come on a website spouting off about things you also know nothing about. I think you probably understand by now that I feel that your posts in this thread leave a lot to be desired. In other words, next time know what you're talking about before you shoot your big mouth off on Truckingboards! I'll end my reply to your mis-truths now and I hope you understand that this is very personal toward you both, since it was taken very personal by me. Do us all a favor, don't just post to fill up some space on this site, post something informative for us all to read.

Sorry to everybody else but I've been on vacation all week and when I read these stupid posts that are so very wrong I had to set the truth free.

Comtoolate, I don't know how the Mods let you slip in the S-word so many times without letting you know that you should read the rules before posting again. I really would like to lower myself to your standards and tell you what I really think but I'm better than that, just barely.

I'll start off by telling you that I started off in this company working in the city. I know all about being told you need to do more with less, and I know about working 14 hr. days, day after day. I also know plenty about hungry people who drag their feet to get the overtime. I know about people standing in the bathroom B.S.ing while on the clock, or standing out of view of the dispatch office by the vending machines talking on the clock, or the extra smoke breaks off the dock in front of the trailers. Everyone does it once in a while, and every barn has people that do it way more than they should. Our barn has it's share too. It is up to management to put a stop to it if it gets out of hand. If none of this goes on around your barn then I would owe everyone at your terminal an apology. But remember I have been to LO plenty of times, so I don't think I will be handing out any apologies anytime soon. I think right now all of terminals are trying to do more with less, but some are doing a better job of it than others. If you guys are maxed out on OT with guys laid off then where is your local when it's time to enforce the 25% rule.

Well said Benny. The frustration level is at an all time high everywhere. With all of the lay-offs and others working way more hours than they want, guys are going crazy. Try to keep your composure everyone. Something has to change soon, but who knows what that will be.

Lo has been really bad as of late,,, You want first hand, within the last month i sat there from 8pm till 3am on a friday nite because they couldnt get it done... Sit in lo for 2 hours for a switch tonight. Guess what lo is screwing it up and needs to improve..

Dont know if it the management or city guys... what i do know is if dont improve we all will be looking for a job.

Lo has been really bad as of late,,, You want first hand, within the last month i sat there from 8pm till 3am on a friday nite because they couldnt get it done... Sit in lo for 2 hours for a switch tonight. Guess what lo is screwing it up and needs to improve..

Dont know if it the management or city guys... what i do know is if dont improve we all will be looking for a job.

Well...
You said it from your perspective and from your experience.
Fair enough.
Some have accused LO of slowing down.
If I was working my behind off and having things go wrong and having half my weekend ruined (I realize the guys waiting on the loads are having theirs ruined as well) by having to work until 5am, or whenever they closed the dock that night and then have someone accuse me of slowing down, it would really tick me off.
Seems like we get treated like management sometimes when we are really all in this together. We have to all work together and realize sometimes things are beyond our control and we have to do the best we can.

Slowdown

I really dont think lo is doing this as a protest by slowing down... they appear to be overworked and undermanned..The solution is for management to add personal or redirect some of the freight load to give the guys a break.. Even the office people look worn out and need some help

You cant get stuff done when they lay us off, and they dont call you when your on the oncall list. If I was there guys I would do my best and my part to get you guys out. I know you like to get down the road and get moving. But you cant be mad at the dock guys or yard guys, we can only do so much with what help mang. lets us have. Im sorry for whatever problems you all have. I know every once in a while everybody takes a few extra breaks but you gotta realize they've been working 14 or more hours. We all need to stick together and get though this hard time "YELLOW" is putting us though.:1036316054: Well said Benny

4-10-08 They are calling 11 guys back at LO.
We do the best we can do with the guys we have to do it with.

We have guys setting at home starving. I bet they would like to be setting at a terminal getting paid while waiting for their load.