FedEx Freight | Hiring on at Fed Ex Freight...

imported_Skidmark

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm looking to hire on at Fed Ex in Harrisburg as a P&D driver. So far it's been a lengthy process but I made it past the 1st. round of paperwork and my roadtest...Any way I was hoping you guys could help me with some company Info... How is the Health Insurance,How will i be treated being on call(Do they jerk you around alot?) I've seen the equipment and kinda know what to expect but would like an insider view from some guys that have gone through this..Any comments or info whould be welcomed.....Thanks

Skidmark said:
I'm looking to hire on at Fed Ex in Harrisburg as a P&D driver. So far it's been a lengthy process but I made it past the 1st. round of paperwork and my roadtest...Any way I was hoping you guys could help me with some company Info... How is the Health Insurance,How will i be treated being on call(Do they jerk you around alot?) I've seen the equipment and kinda know what to expect but would like an insider view from some guys that have gone through this..Any comments or info whould be welcomed.....Thanks
You are making a good move. Harrisburg is very busy and they need drivers. The supers are top notch. You will be very please. The bennies are as good as you will get anywhere with a lot of little extras like discounts on all kinds of personal things.

Welcome to the best LTL company on the planet. I think the whole package is great! you could a better niche here and there but overall its good. Great atmosphere, equipment, heck, its a job, but believe me it could be worse somewhere else.... Purple is the place to be!

I was waiting to see what my brothers would have to say here .
I think yo have made a good decision here . granted this will not be easy but trust me in the fact that you have made it this far there is a light at the FXF tunnel . Stick it out under all cost and I promise it will pay off in the end friend . Welcome to our family , and ask anything you thing you think of we have a great bunch of drivers here and most of the info will be dead nuts . PM me anytime for further questions . We rock FXF !

Smokestack /:nutkick:

Thank You for your input .I'm starting to feel good about things ,I'm trying to be patient and take things as they come...I go in Monday to do more Paperwork and a Physical and drug screen. Thank you again Guys the "Truckingboards" is such a valuble asset to have when you are going through a hiring process and need Info.....

Welcome to the boards and welcome to FXFE, Skid!! Like Smokey sez, if there is anything you want to know, give us a holler. What we don't know, we'll make up.

Nobody

Welcome Skidmark. Like said, its a job, but heck it is a good job! Benies are good and so is the pay. Would I like more due to the profits they are making? Of course. But hey we are doing ok. Goodluck.

Welcome Skid . . .

It's a pretty good place to be. Bennies are great and the work is work. Two words of advice. Stay productive and be completely honest. Follow that and you'll have no problem here.

:moped:

IM looking at making the switch, myself. I run linehaul for OD, and thinking about going back to P&D, I havnt talked to anyone over at the terminal (PHX), but am so worried about only getting 20 hours a week on-call... DOH!!..

I knew when I started at OD that I would be applying at FXF in the future... shhh!