FedEx Freight | Hiring process at FedEx Freight?

NewTruckGuy

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm looking at applying to FedFex Freight for a Road Driver position here in Texas.

How long does the hiring process typically take? Is FedEx any more rigorous in their hiring process than the other LTL carriers? I only ask because if they are even more thorough that would naturally take longer.

After I put in an app would it be worth my time to make a follow up phone call a week or two later if I don't hear anything?

Thanks for your help.

As far as being hire for a road bid, don't expect to jump in a truck and run all day or night some were. You will be on the bottom of the road bid which is probably going to be short runs and lots of fork lift time when you get there. If your running the extra board you can get some good miles, but for being the new guy if you don't mind dock work it pays good. Good luck in the hiring process, Fed-Ex is just like any other place to work, has it's good, and has it's bad. Just my two cents worth.

If you are picked from the other people to get interview and your the person they decide to hire, depending on how bad they need you it could only be 3-4 weeks before you start. Never hurts to make a phone call to the scm.