Estes | Hiring process

TJTexas

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, quick question. Is it normal for the hiring process to take a while? I'm going for an extra board linehaul slot. I did my physical and drug screen about a week ago and still havent heard back from them, so I'm starting to get a little nervous. I really want out of where I am ASAP. I want to come to Estes, but if things drag out much more I may have to go to plan B.

Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Depending on your location, sometimes the background check take a while. Keep checking with the Mgr who is hiring you. Flat out ask when you should expect to go to work.

Drug results come back then each dept signs off on the app in Richmond. Gets sent back to the terminal. Then they call

Hiring takes a long time these days. I put an app in at a place that was hiring and heard back from them over a month later. By then i got over what i was mad about and decided to stick around.

Hiring takes a long time these days. I put an app in at a place that was hiring and heard back from them over a month later. By then i got over what i was mad about and decided to stick around.
I hear ya. I'm done with my current job. Can't and won't put up with any more. It's just a matter of time to make sure I make the right move before I give them their keys back.

Good morning guys and gals. I recently applied for extra board myself here recently. How long does it normally take to get that first phone call? Applied about a week ago and from what I've been hearing, it takes a while for the tm to get back to you.

Good morning guys and gals. I recently applied for extra board myself here recently. How long does it normally take to get that first phone call? Applied about a week ago and from what I've been hearing, it takes a while for the tm to get back to you.
Call them or stop by and see them, any good company wants to see that and employee is dedicated and determined

It's slow right now. Might take a little longer than normal. Might as well call, though. Show some interest. Might help.

Where are you going to be out of?

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking to do Line haul out of Elkton MD. There's talk of extra-board work but I'm not sure what that entails.

Not sure what that entails? Why not look at past post, you should get all the info you need on the Big E. You might be alright out of MD, just stay out that they and stay out of the South where there is alot of that Good ol Boy thing going on and they take care of own.

Extraboard is out 5 days and off 2. All terminal to terminal runs. Mostly nights. You'll gain time you can use one day to bid on a scheduled run where you're home every day or every other day.

Well I heard back from the tm today and everything is looking good. Hopefully I will be driving for the Big E soon. More than likely she said they will hire me as extra-board.

Are you guys running automatics yet? I'm sure as a new driver I would end up with a older unit.

We have a few automatics. Most are standard shifts though.

You might get lucky and get a newer unit. They've bought a bunch of them lately.

Good deal. I have been noticing a lot more newer trucks from Big E lately. Those Volvo's are sharp in that yellow and black. Seen a few Kw's and Freightliner's too.

@drummerforhire Are you a driver for Estes yourself?