ABF | Hiring Process

Jeremy Lawson

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, I interviewed for a dockworker positon a couple of weeks ago and the manger seemed to like me because he said she needed someone with a CDL and the fact that I can start immediately was a plus.

A lady in background has been in contact with me to verify a few things as well as my current employment. I know ABF is very strict and the process to get hired can be lengthy. The last time I heard anything was last Thursday when I spoke with the lady in background.

So here's my question. Today I decided to call the background lady to see if she needed any more info and she not at this time and that a letter was mailed out to me yesterday. Does ABF usually turn you down by a letter in the mail or could it just be that they need more info?

She made it seem like it was something I would have to respond to but I am getting worried. I appreciate everyone's time.

They usually just stop talking to you when you are not accepted for hire, I don't know why but that is how they are. If you discover different please let us know. And good luck.

I know 2 guys that were let go at ABF in Chicago within the first 30 days because of something found untrue or left out on the application. They do a better background check than YRC.

I know 2 guys that were let go at ABF in Chicago within the first 30 days because of something found untrue or left out on the application. They do a better background check than YRC.
I worked at ABF for 3 months casual and got hired full time. Two weeks later I got a call asking for references from Watkins Motor Lines. Was already full time and still wanted references. A place I worked for more than 10 years before I applied at ABF. Ya, they are still probably looking into this 6 years later!! Lol

It seems No felons, no matter how old, No DUI'S no matter how old. And they want every detail of any and all workmans comp cases, at ABF. YRC is willing to hire all the ABF rejects.

rM1rlVT.jpg

Youd think once your cleared for hire that would be the end of the background stuff. Its like your still being checked out after you start working. Lol

ABF upper management is still under the assumption that this is the best there is.......

Day of reckoning is getting closer. We just had another guy quit, because he had to work the nighttime dock.......

He's a Truck Driver, by God!......He wants to Drive.......not handle all that stinky freight.......

Seems that's all that is out there,.......now that all of us experienced LTL drivers are too old to jump from company to company, and we're retiring instead......

Ms. McReynolds doesn't realize it yet, but she's going to be ABF's Carly Fiorina......

Shaft the employees to make the shareholders rich.........then jump ship when the company starts to founder........

ABF upper management is still under the assumption that this is the best there is.......

Day of reckoning is getting closer. We just had another guy quit, because he had to work the nighttime dock.......

He's a Truck Driver, by God!......He wants to Drive.......not handle all that stinky freight.......

Seems that's all that is out there,.......now that all of us experienced LTL drivers are too old to jump from company to company, and we're retiring instead......

Ms. McReynolds doesn't realize it yet, but she's going to be ABF's Carly Fiorina......

Shaft the employees to make the shareholders rich.........then jump ship when the company starts to founder........

ABF just wants to right to stick it to their workers as bad as YRC does. And if the pay the union extortion moneys, im sure the will get what they want, how they want it. They are just following the YRC Playbook.

It seems No felons, no matter how old, No DUI'S no matter how old. And they want every detail of any and all workmans comp cases, at ABF. YRC is willing to hire all the ABF rejects.
I had a back injury back in '10 when I was with NPME and ABF never asked about any comp case that I may of had....