ABF | Hiring Process

I had a back injury back in '10 when I was with NPME and ABF never asked about any comp case that I may of had....
I don't think they're 'allowed' to ask about them but they have their contacts. However, during your physical exam a bad prior injury will exhibit itself.

I don't think they're 'allowed' to ask about them but they have their contacts. However, during your physical exam a bad prior injury will exhibit itself.
The Disabilities Act limits a prospective employer prying into medical history. A cocky assistant terminal manager got in trouble prying into an employee's medical history. The employee told him he wasn't required to disclose his illness since he was under a doctor's care. The manager called the doctor & demanded to know what the illness was. The doctor told him the Privacy Act protected protected confidentiality between the patient & the doctor. The manager continued his interrogation & the doctor called the medical board.
The company has every right to require an exam prior to hiring to determine if the applicant is physically fit to perform the duties assigned to him.