ABF | hiring process

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
I put an application in for the Kernersville, NC terminal...seems they are hiring for otr/extraboard drivers. How long does it usually take to get a call back....and what is the typical hiring process? Thank you.

It is a long process, Hr must approve app ,come in for the interview with TM, very intense background check,do not leave anything out on the app,if ever thing checks out , then DOT Physical and a road test... 60 day process..... I am a new hire in TN....I just went thru the process....

It's a long process for sure. In many cases,by the time the application gets approved the applicant has found work elsewhere.What might help is if anyone who has recommended someone that has put in an application,ask your steward to follow up.Don't be afraid to remind him every couple of days! A good steward has a lot on his plate and could use the help!I know at my terminal we are lucky to get one approval out of 15 applicants.And as someone mentioned earlier tell the truth.It sickens me when a good driver with years experience gets denied for not putting down a minor accident 5 years ago!

Yep gotta list every detail. I came over from Estes express and let me tell you the hiring process shocked me in the difference. Well worth it if they call I'm going on my 3 month November 11th and I will be 2nd in senroity at my terminal then