Estes | Hiring process

Chris86

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello all, applied over a month ago for a line haul position. Had phone interview 2 weeks ago with Richmond then a week and half went by and had interview with terminal manager a few days ago. He said safety has to approve my application then they will call for drug screen and have a start date for me. How long does approvals take? I have clean background and no accidents. I have a year and a half of driving experience and never have pulled doubles. Just getting a little anxious and thought I would come here for some insight. Thanks

My process took exactly 2 months. They aren't known for a speedy hiring process. If it's been a while since you've heard something call the TM and follow up.

Gave them a call today about an update of what's going on just waiting for call back. Guess I will keep busy till they do..

Needing some info here. I applied for linehaul out of 2 places. Greensboro,NC which I'm 32 miles from. I also applied out in Fort Worth,TX. Once I finished with the Fort Worth application the recruiter called me within 10 minutes,and then 30 minutes someone from Richmond called me about the Greensboro position. Both calls were very optimistic,and my record is clean no accidents or violations. I'm leaning more towards the Fort Worth ,because with my present company I run out in Texas alot. I am wanting to relocate to Texas,but during the phone the recruiter said if I had a face to face interview could I get out there. I told him yes I could. Has anyone ever been called back that quick? How are the runs out of fort Worth? Are the runs good consistent miles? Also how long is the process for the hiring? With my military background,and honorable discharge it shouldn't take that long I think. Where do you run out of Greensboro,nc? I have all my endorsements.

Needing some info here. I applied for linehaul out of 2 places. Greensboro,NC which I'm 32 miles from. I also applied out in Fort Worth,TX. Once I finished with the Fort Worth application the recruiter called me within 10 minutes,and then 30 minutes someone from Richmond called me about the Greensboro position. Both calls were very optimistic,and my record is clean no accidents or violations. I'm leaning more towards the Fort Worth ,because with my present company I run out in Texas alot. I am wanting to relocate to Texas,but during the phone the recruiter said if I had a face to face interview could I get out there. I told him yes I could. Has anyone ever been called back that quick? How are the runs out of fort Worth? Are the runs good consistent miles? Also how long is the process for the hiring? With my military background,and honorable discharge it shouldn't take that long I think. Where do you run out of Greensboro,nc? I have all my endorsements.
I was contacted by the terminal manager within an hour of completing the online interest form. That was 11 years ago.

Frootloop, are you better off at Estes? If so, what differences make the job better?
For me personally yes, very much so. If you're referring to the differences between Sefl, for one I'm on the road board here and was city at Sefl. The main difference is I feel like I'm not harassed here. Anywhere I've worked I have done my job well with efficiency and safety. I was good in the city no matter which route I ran and it was like being a son to the father that never thought he was good enough. Laziness at Sefl was rewarded with the solids and volume deliveries whereas a man worth his salt got bombarded with the 20 stop peddles with numerous pickups flooding the screen before you ever leave the yard. That was after having to go to the motel to pickup a linehaul truck because Sefl refuses to have as many trucks as drivers. But that's comparing city there to road here and that's not really a fair comparison. Here I have an assigned tractor that I got with only 160 miles on it, I come in and run my run and go home, I'm not harassed by management on every minor detail. If there is freight available I can work Saturday or Sunday. My check is always 100% correct. At holland there for a while payroll would miss things on a weekly basis and no I'm not exaggerating. Between the junk equipment, horrible morale and no chance of raises, it was enough writing on the wall for me to be uneasy about it enough to make a move as I have quite some time left to work before I retire. I feel like here at Estes, for the amount of time and effort put in, I couldn't do any better anywhere else. It really just fits me like a glove and I have no desire to look elsewhere. There is so much opportunity here to work a plethora of different jobs in different locations if you choose to transfer. Oh and I'd like to add, I don't have numbers in front of me but it sure does seem like the turnover rate at Estes is considerably less than it is at the 2 other companies I've mentioned. If folks leave here it's because they're retiring. Not quitting or getting fired, got the most part. Things are always subject to change, and they will. But for now this is my analysis for what it's worth.

Nice review, Frootloop.

I've only worked at one other LTL besides Estes but I've been in trucking for 17 years and this is the best trucking job I've ever had. Sometimes I get aggravated but I know I won't do much better anywhere else.

For me personally yes, very much so. If you're referring to the differences between Sefl, for one I'm on the road board here and was city at Sefl. The main difference is I feel like I'm not harassed here. Anywhere I've worked I have done my job well with efficiency and safety. I was good in the city no matter which route I ran and it was like being a son to the father that never thought he was good enough. Laziness at Sefl was rewarded with the solids and volume deliveries whereas a man worth his salt got bombarded with the 20 stop peddles with numerous pickups flooding the screen before you ever leave the yard. That was after having to go to the motel to pickup a linehaul truck because Sefl refuses to have as many trucks as drivers. But that's comparing city there to road here and that's not really a fair comparison. Here I have an assigned tractor that I got with only 160 miles on it, I come in and run my run and go home, I'm not harassed by management on every minor detail. If there is freight available I can work Saturday or Sunday. My check is always 100% correct. At holland there for a while payroll would miss things on a weekly basis and no I'm not exaggerating. Between the junk equipment, horrible morale and no chance of raises, it was enough writing on the wall for me to be uneasy about it enough to make a move as I have quite some time left to work before I retire. I feel like here at Estes, for the amount of time and effort put in, I couldn't do any better anywhere else. It really just fits me like a glove and I have no desire to look elsewhere. There is so much opportunity here to work a plethora of different jobs in different locations if you choose to transfer. Oh and I'd like to add, I don't have numbers in front of me but it sure does seem like the turnover rate at Estes is considerably less than it is at the 2 other companies I've mentioned. If folks leave here it's because they're retiring. Not quitting or getting fired, got the most part. Things are always subject to change, and they will. But for now this is my analysis for what it's worth.
Did you ever run LH as a relief driver for sefl? LH drivers here get treated as a respected group. Seniority is valued