Estes | Hiring Requirements

Buggybruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello everyone,
I had a few questions about the hiring process over at Estes. I got a call in for an interview for an extraboard linehaul driver, brought him my MVR, and signed the consent for the background check, he said he will send everything up to corporate for approval. My questions are, do they just go by your MVR or do they do that new PSP/ CSA check, and how long does the process take? (It's been about 5 business days now). Just wondering, MVR good (no points), but had a few bad inspections on my PSP/CSA report with my last company. Any and ALL info would be appreciated.... Thanks.

I was waiting for 8 days till my background check came back. I believe it just a criminal background check . Pretty much if you got this far in the process you should be good as long as you pass the criminal background and can pass a drug test . I would call the terminal you applied at on Monday to see about your background check . Mine took 8 real days, 6 business days to come back !

Hello everyone,
I had a few questions about the hiring process over at Estes. I got a call in for an interview for an extraboard linehaul driver, brought him my MVR, and signed the consent for the background check, he said he will send everything up to corporate for approval. My questions are, do they just go by your MVR or do they do that new PSP/ CSA check, and how long does the process take? (It's been about 5 business days now). Just wondering, MVR good (no points), but had a few bad inspections on my PSP/CSA report with my last company. Any and ALL info would be appreciated.... Thanks.

From the time you fill out the paperwork, I would give it at least two weeks...

Thanks for the response guys just a little curious on the process, background is clean and I'm drug free so I guess I'll be ok. I applied at the Ellenwood, Ga. terminal (Atlanta) I'm currently a CT/ ex-Vitran linehaul driver. Don't won't to say anything bad about CT, after all they did keep us out of the unemployment line (some of us anyway) but if I stay I might end up in the welfare line, NOT working out for me. Any info on how Estes linehaul runs out of Atl? (days out, money, etc.) Was told by TM that his drivers usually get back in a couple of days and right back out or I might even be home daily, not that it matters to me because at this point I would run to Mars and back if it meant a steady paycheck, just trying to get the family ready if I do have to be gone all week; That's something I have not done in a really long time, but kinda looking forward to it.

I think its 49.15 to start now .. you will start on either a Sunday, Monday, Tues,, or weds then work 5 days . Some weeks I'm out all 5 days , other weeks I hit home once or twice . Depends on location and if you work out of a hub and stuff like that. Pretty good money running the extra board . It'll definitely beat ct/Vitran money .. I quit Vitran 4 months ago myself to work here (had 9.5 yrs at Vitran) . Many x-vitran guys floating around

I was waiting for 8 days till my background check came back. I believe it just a criminal background check . Pretty much if you got this far in the process you should be good as long as you pass the criminal background and can pass a drug test . I would call the terminal you applied at on Monday to see about your background check . Mine took 8 real days, 6 business days to come back !
Sending a thank you note to the TM would help as well. It took me about 1 1/2 weeks to get in with Estes. Feeling real good about the decision, former Vitran/CT for 7 weeks.

Is no news good news? Have'nt heard anything back from them since I signed the background consent about 10 days ago. Just wondering if that is a good sign or not? Tried contacting the TM but he is pretty hard to catch up with. Just wondering so I'll know if I need to keep looking or not.

Atlanta will be a madhouse for the next few days,when they reopen.Your hiring process sounds normal and somewhat on schedule.Keep trying to get in touch with tm or assistant tm...GL

Is no news good news? Have'nt heard anything back from them since I signed the background consent about 10 days ago. Just wondering if that is a good sign or not? Tried contacting the TM but he is pretty hard to catch up with. Just wondering so I'll know if I need to keep looking or not.
Plan on 6 weeks. Hiring process takes a while. The weather has everything messed up right now. Most of the delay will be in Richmond. Your app gets sent there and needs to be checked off by each department. If someone is out, it will take that much longer. Once your app gets cleared they send it back to Atlanta. When they get a chance to call you they will.

I do know the safety director was at my barn couple weeks ago . Told our drivers if we see any vitrans guys to encourage them to come over. They are hiring a lot of x vitrans guys. Good company , You will make good money here.

Wow 6 weeks that's crazy must be Atlanta thing. I know up here guys are in with in couple weeks. But like you said may be little longer with weather problems .

Thank for all the info guys, I guess now its just a waiting game. Tried to get intouch with somebody at the terminal but its like trying to call the White House. But I've waited this long a few more days won't kill me. Will let you guys know either way, thanks.

if you hire on in atl, hook up w/ mildew , he da man up there!dont worry bout getting hired . estes will take anyone.they have a sign outside my yard that reads "we hire the handicapped\"
'
'

if you hire on in atl, hook up w/ mildew , he da man up there!dont worry bout getting hired . estes will take anyone.they have a sign outside my yard that reads "we hire the handicapped\"
'
'

Then I have no worries.. I should be able to retire here then..LMAO

085 has lost about13 experienced drivers in thelast year.some with as much as 15 years with estes. they were just fed up with the b. s. you should see what they have been replaced with. no one with experience wants to hire on. if you are breathing on your own with no respirator, can pass a drug screen , you are a good candidate to come on board.

Sounds a lot like Central! Lol. Between the money and HORRIBLE insurance you would not beleive the drivers we have, or maybe you could. Most are really good people but have absolutely no business behind the wheel of a truck. Not to be negative, but after 23 years of accident free driving I should be able to provide for my family a little better than I am now.

085 has lost about13 experienced drivers in thelast year.some with as much as 15 years with estes. they were just fed up with the b. s. you should see what they have been replaced with. no one with experience wants to hire on. if you are breathing on your own with no respirator, can pass a drug screen , you are a good candidate to come on board.

Been driving about 15 years and the whole industry has had alot of bs injected into it.Been here about a year and a half and it has its bad just like everywhere else.Dont know about everybody else but I see no more bs here than at other places.Not a bad job,imo,but if anyone is that unhappy I wouldnt blame them for finding new pasture.GL

I don't do anything but flop my sorry ass in a truck for 8 hours and get a pinch under $1,400 gross. Never have to speak to anyone. Occasionally they'll ask me to sign a sheet of paper saying I've read something. Can't see where the bs is in all of that is but I may have it a tad better than some of the others. :butt kiss:

I gotta agree with you mildew, as far as jobs go trucking is probably one of the few where you can kinda shy away from all the b.s. I worked 12 years for R&L, and they had their:clapping: fair share of it, but for the most part they turned out to be a pretty ok outfit towards the end. I see it like this; they can Yip Yap and blah blah all they want, just give me my paperwork so I can hit the highway, and make sure the money is right at the end of the week, and I'm a happy trucker.