Historical perspective on refugee's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

The Dems had majorities in both houses in 1939 the left has never liked to Jewish people anyway

needed the war to get us out of the Great Depression, his policies were not working

2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I wouldn't say that the left doesn't like Jews when most of our Jewish citizens are liberals.
    And Democrats were not the people they are now. Many of them turned Republican. Republicans are completely different than they were in Lincoln's time.
    It would be hard to imagine the party of Lincoln today standing up for anti slavery.
    Today they won't even vote to raise the minimum wage, there is nothing there for the working class.

You should find a way to listen to the David Barsamian interview with Gore vidal. As he tells us what Washington was like in the 30's he grew up there, his grandfather was a Senator he seen it from the inside. Great piece of history

3. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

For their first five years each Middle Eastern refugee costs taxpayers $64,370.
    Barry gets a 2fer. Reinvent America in his image and further overload the system

4. Magoo

Oh well take comfort in the fact that it takes about 24 months to clear through an entrance investigation and slooow process. Usually they win the lotto of getting picked for that process after they been in refugee camps for a couple years first.
    For someone who wants to tear up the USA there is much faster ways to act before they get tired and lose their zealousness.

5. Rastus

31 governors, 47 democratic congressmen disagree with you. In a Bloomberg poll 28% agree with you. Stay where ever they are it costs $0

6. Magoo

They can all disagree with me and still be wrong, they are trying to win elections that's all that matters to them.

7. Rastus

Barry wants 100,000 of them brought in here. If my math is correct its $6.34 billion in 2 years. Let's error on the side of caution. We can use the $$$ to make CS teamster retirees pensions whole instead. Deal?

8. Magoo

Thats higher than my fingers and toes put togeather

9. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

They think the last election went bad for them...Wait until the next one.Bammer is leading a Republican sweep for the next one.

Rastus likes this.
  10. Rastus

Back to common sense.

64,000 x 0 = 0. No toes necessary

11. falconfan

falconfan Well-Known Member

You can't argue it, nor can you understand religion if you don't believe you have a soul.
    If one knows he has a soul, as most humans do, you'll want to know where it's going when you die.

12. Magoo

Don't know but I think its cheaper to bring them here than to run a refugee camp over there. With paying of expenses and serving as protector of the area that kind of stuff adds up to big money.

13. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

This is a multi level problem First we have an unstable Wage problem here where most of the middle class are struggling to get by. 2nd Who is providing the backround checks from syria ? From what i understand there is no legit documents to reference because the government is syria is entirely corrupt from top to bottom. 3rd Im led to believe there is a great # who wouldn't qualify for any jobs because there was no education to speak of in syria.

Put this all together and you have a large group of people that require more help then we can provide while risking national security. This is alot different then WW2 in many ways because the Nazi were not occupying most of the world who could radicalize people in your neighborhood as you saw in paris / germany

14. Magoo

They join the refugee klan not because they want to. And I would guess if there was full employment here with middle class wages and The President of Syria personally vouched for these people, they still would not be let in the country.
    Things may not be wonderful for us but its a far cry from what they are going through.

15. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

16. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I would love to know the last time Chuckie and Feinstein and Levin, etc....... have been to temple?
    Most of the Jewish people I know (and I know a lot) loathe these people and their contempt for Israel and Judaism

Conservatives do it every day. We want govt out of our lives and not controlling every little aspect of it
    As for Reps, once the old guard is gone (quite possibly after this election) you will see even a greater shift to more conservative values.
    In one respect the Dem party has not changed, they still love to keep people in chains and living on the plantation

17. Magoo

If I had to live and work with "conservatives" everyday I would tell them they are right too.
    Yes sir you got that right, you sure do, darn that Obama
    Might be a lifesaving strategy, you never know.
    They do have that history of becoming the whipping post.
    Then again all Jews don't fall in line to a particular way for seeing the world.
    I was surprised to see that many African Americans were anti gay marriage, that's persecution of another group when you should be empathetic.
    The world always surprises me. I grew up believing we are good people here who stand up for those being stepped on but I see I was very naive. (too much :horseshit: spewed out in history class)

18. falconfan

Magoo,you are truly a kind compassionate man.A good example for humanity.
    If I were a non believer like you, I would surely be more of a beer swilling animal
    than I already am.I have a difficult question for you that I have been trying to answer
    myself.Here it goes.

If 25 men were standing in the street in front of your home,cold and hungry,
    and you knew they were going to die that night without food and shelter...
    and you also knew that one of them was going to kill you or someone in your family
    ( no way of telling which one) would you let them in and save them?

19. Magoo

I bet Jesus would

falconfan likes this.
  20. falconfan

You are right about that.What would you do?

a9faninnc likes this.