Hitting a deer part 3

yeah buddy...i know that feeling.....

part 3..??

i didn't know there was a parts 1 & 2....

Rt 80 though P.A looks like a war zone with all the blood and meat on the hwy. it's nasty.

In the early 80's i hit a deer on I-80 while driving a Bus for trailways doing 60 mph. They grow them big in Pa. I thought it was a baby Giraffe

I hate hitting deer. It is one thing to hit them here in Texas but those New England deer in Vermont are HUGE. I have deer repellant things on my truck but it only does so much. I don't mind hunting them but for them to die like this is just a waste to me. I know they are over populated but I'd rather they have a purpose when they go.

I hate hitting deer. It is one thing to hit them here in Texas but those New England deer in Vermont are HUGE. I have deer repellant things on my truck but it only does so much. I don't mind hunting them but for them to die like this is just a waste to me. I know they are over populated but I'd rather they have a purpose when they go.

Who can afford to hunt ?.... It's way to easy for these game wardens to fine your rear...

Rt 80 though P.A looks like a war zone with all the blood and meat on the hwy. it's nasty.
In the early 80's i hit a deer on I-80 while driving a Bus for trailways doing 60 mph. They grow them big in Pa. I thought it was a baby Giraffe
Why 30 seconds for a 5 second clip??? :ranting2:
I have a friend in NY who has been through PA several times. He has commented on the number of deer killed on the highways in PA. I don't know what the reason is but we do have a lot of them.

They sure do grow them big there. I had a close call with a huge Buck one night I had a cabover at the time and I swear I was looking that dear in the eye as he cross in front of me. He was that tall and had a huge 10 point or better rack.

i cannot find any reason for deer even being on this earth. you say they should have a purpose when they go, assuming you mean when they are dead, but what purpose do they serve while being alive..???

i am and always have been an "advocate" of my state opening up deer season early, and allowing more bagging of deer, and why not. we have an island off our coast, named, "Prudence Island" and that island is inhabited by people, both year round and seasonal...

every year my state allows thinning of the deer, and fricken animal rights people say it's not good...but i'll bet you dollars to donuts, come time to have your property over run by these hordes of pests, they will then say, KILL'EM...KILL'EM.....KILL'EM NOW DAMMIT....~~!!!!!~~~

OK, time for a thousands questions.

What was that noise about 3 seconds in?

How bad was the damage to the truck?

Were you able to continue, or did you have to get the truck towed?

Um, where is Part 1 and Part 2?

OK, not a thousand questions, but several for sure!

I hit a small deer out in Wyoming a few years back. It broke the CAC and radiator, as well as the plastic bumper. The truck, trailer and load had to be towed, and I spent a few days in a motel in Buffalo waiting for parts to be shipped out and the damage to get repaired. The shop that did the work let me use their shop pickup ti get around (no extra charge!), and I got to do some sightseeing while I waited.

Deer9-7-10002_zps821ef07b.jpg

Deer9-7-10007_zpsb84fb267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i cannot find any reason for deer even being on this earth. you say they should have a purpose when they go, assuming you mean when they are dead, but what purpose do they serve while being alive..???

i am and always have been an "advocate" of my state opening up deer season early, and allowing more bagging of deer, and why not. we have an island off our coast, named, "Prudence Island" and that island is inhabited by people, both year round and seasonal...

every year my state allows thinning of the deer, and fricken animal rights people say it's not good...but i'll bet you dollars to donuts, come time to have your property over run by these hordes of pests, they will then say, KILL'EM...KILL'EM.....KILL'EM NOW DAMMIT....~~!!!!!~~~

Oh I can. They are tasty. But I know you are just demonstrating what it is like when you go "Cracker Dog". But they are getting thicker and that means lower weights and less meat per animal. Kinda like wild hogs here in Texas.....I have seen them running around town! And I ain't talking Harley-Davidsons! Oink stinkin' oink!

Who can afford to hunt ?.... It's way to easy for these game wardens to fine your rear...

Yeah, pretty bad when hunting for game becomes a rich mans sport. I can't afford to golf either. Hell, I can't afford to pay attention!

These help- I'm glad the company put these on.

I clobbered 2 deer at 65 mph one morning just East of Cedar Rapids, Iowa on US 30. Didn't hurt the truck one bit.

Note- If you guys head over to Medic's YouTube channel, he has 2 previous videos (parts 1 and 2) of deer strikes. He has some cool videos.

I find that deer are beautiful creatures. To hunt them for sport and food is one thing, to waffle them on the highway is an unfortunate fate and a waste.

I find that deer are beautiful creatures. To hunt them for sport and food is one thing, to waffle them on the highway is an unfortunate fate and a waste.

i can somewhat agree...(hunting and legal killing to thin the herds)

but if they get wasted on our highways, who is to blame..??

me personally...i say the deer are at fault...i mean c'mon.....the signs are posted....can't they read..???.....:LMAO:

either that, or maybe they OUGHT to be wearing orange vests..?????:LMAO:

We planted leland cypress trees to border our property. The deer are eating our trees. Needless to say I am irrigated about this. Can't just shoot'em as there are other homes around us. And to add insult to injury we are 500 feet from where we did the same thing 20 years ago and they never touched them back then.

We planted leland cypress trees to border our property. The deer are eating our trees. Needless to say I am irrigated about this. Can't just shoot'em as there are other homes around us. And to add insult to injury we are 500 feet from where we did the same thing 20 years ago and they never touched them back then.
A bow or crossbow would work fine in that situation and I wouldn't hesitate or feel bad about doing it.

A bow or crossbow would work fine in that situation and I wouldn't hesitate or feel bad about doing it.

You will go to jail, be fined, and loose hunting priviLeges for life. But the little kiddies can smile and run to tell mommy

OK, time for a thousands questions.

What was that noise about 3 seconds in?

That was me saying things I shouldn't.

How bad was the damage to the truck?

Not bad, it took the right front corner piece off. Picture below.

Were you able to continue, or did you have to get the truck towed?

It was fine to drive and the shop had it fixed the next day.

Um, where is Part 1 and Part 2?

On my Youtube channel.

All good questions!

You will go to jail, be fined, and loose hunting priviLeges for life. But the little kiddies can smile and run to tell mommy
Not if you don't get caught. Hence the use of the silent bow and arrow.
That truck would look right at home just as it is next to the equipment I see getting loaded on a daily basis.