Holland | HO, BV, ER, MA, and PN to close in JUNE 2009.

I was told today that a total of 22 drivers out of Erie will be able to follow the work to...Buffalo, Youngstown, and Cleveland.

Stimpy that sounds great except for the fact it would be one hell of a commute to work. The Erie terminal is 82 miles one way to Buffalo alone. How many guys are willing to travel this far to work with such an uncertain future at best? By the time you travel down I90 and arrive in Buffalo that may be all the time Zollars needs before he padlocks Buffalo. The end is near. The guys affected would be better served collecting unemployment and seeking work somewhere else. I am sure there must be guys in Erie that live 20 to 25 miles from the Erie terminal, add another 82 miles to Buffalo, and you are talking about over a 100 mile one way commute to work. No thanks Billy Boy!

is the holland terminal involved? thats the main offfice. sad to shut down the terminal where it all started. will the drivers be able to follow freight and where will they be able to go to?

I wonder how big of a reward bonus that these corporate criminals are going to receive for putting more people out of work. White collar garbage will pay for their CRIMES !!!!!!!!

is the holland terminal involved? thats the main offfice. sad to shut down the terminal where it all started. will the drivers be able to follow freight and where will they be able to go to?

What freight are you talking about freight levels are so low and the sales people dont seem to be very concerned about getting new biz.

My post may have been mis-leading. I am not from any of these terminals but I will be working on my resume and actively looking for employment alternatives now!

Good luck on that resume as soon as a company finds out you are a teamster they dont want to talk to you been trying very hard since sept. to get a good freight job soon as they see Holland on there they frown and its over. GOOD LUCK.

My post may have been mis-leading. I am not from any of these terminals but I will be working on my resume and actively looking for employment alternatives now!
WOW are you saying you will take a minimum wage trucking job. All you need is a big raido, chain driven wallet, and cowboy boot's don't hurt.:Off-Topic:Hope you have money saved up. The welfare check won't help a 2000.00 a week budget.:TR10driving03:

WOW are you saying you will take a minimum wage trucking job. All you need is a big raido, chain driven wallet, and cowboy boot's don't hurt.:Off-Topic:Hope you have money saved up. The welfare check won't help a 2000.00 a week budget.:TR10driving03:
Damnit driver $2000/ week. I don't drink that much beer!:biglaugh: Seriously though when I say "alternative employment" I mean get out of trucking. Doubt it will ever get this good again in my lifetime so I will kick into gear some other options I have been contemplating! Thanks for your concerns though. Shoe.

Guys, I just received this info from someone. I don't know that its true but in case it is I wanted to share it here. I guess we'll see tomorrow?

HO, BV, ER, MA, and PN will be closed in early June. COO to be filed on Wednesday.

I moved all of the posts about this issue from the rumor thread to this thread since this rumor in being confirmed by so many members.
To all the drivers affected on this. The writing on the wall is kinda lookin like graffiti right about now!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

well seems have to change our name to kansas city frieght seeing they are getting rid of were this great company started at hope oh dollar bill is getting his million dollar bonus i still smell a preston 151 guess i will have to go back to school damn shure aint going to work driving another truck but were is oh jimmy jr guess he is in washington with barrack the magic man guess he making a change

Stimpy that sounds great except for the fact it would be one hell of a commute to work. The Erie terminal is 82 miles one way to Buffalo alone. How many guys are willing to travel this far to work with such an uncertain future at best? By the time you travel down I90 and arrive in Buffalo that may be all the time Zollars needs before he padlocks Buffalo. The end is near. The guys affected would be better served collecting unemployment and seeking work somewhere else. I am sure there must be guys in Erie that live 20 to 25 miles from the Erie terminal, add another 82 miles to Buffalo, and you are talking about over a 100 mile one way commute to work. No thanks Billy Boy!

When Holland opened up Erie there was a COO that involved Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland... as these terminals were covering the newly opened Erie area. With that being said all of our senior drivers are from these terminals... So I don't really think it is going to affect them that bad to move back or to a new area to still have a job.:shift: I know that I would move if I had enough whiskers... but if it does get down to me there really wouldn't be much since in me going cause the next time they rebid the barn I would most likely be laid off again.:nutkick:

Thats not right

HOW DO THEY CLOSE HOLLAND,MI. THAT JUST SEEMS SAC- RELIGIOUS. THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. SORRY TO ALL USF HOLLAND INVOLVED. ZOLLARS SHOULD BE ASHAMED WHAT A PIECE OF :shit:shitshit

Quote from another forum

Explanation of closings from Unionman

"Holland Mi, Besenville Il, Pontiac Mi, Erie Pa, mansfield oh. Its not like the last closings as in pulling back territory. Holland mi and Grand Rapids Mi are 27 miles apart and will be served by Grand Rapids and by other terminals that are close. as we have 4 terminals in the Chicago area this work will be divided amongst the other three. Pontiac work will go to detroit and Birch Run ( saginaw area). Erie will probably be split between Cleveland and Buffalo as it was before Erie. Mansfield oh will be split between Columbus, Toledo and Cleveland and Akron i would assume as it was before Mansfield. It does suck as I'm sure all will not be offered work but they are just moving this work to terminals that are close."