Yellow | Hoffa Administration Responds to International VPs

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/hoffa_administration_responds_to_international_vps

wHu0ApX.jpg

:hissyfit:

At this point the IBT is nothing more than an agent for the company. They’re only action is to provide the company with labor at the cheapest possible cost. If you told an outsider what the IBT was doing they’d think you were telling tall tales. How are the members supposed to get a fair deal when the company AND the IBT are BOTH trying to stick it in our Azzes?

Thanks for posting info on USPF , as YES it does affect all of us with our up coming ponzi contract talks for 2019, because remember what happened to UPS could happen to us IF enough LAZY driver's won't take 2 mins to vote !! and plus everybody should get a copy or be able to read all these "BYLAW " rules , so we know rules too on voting and how votes are counted ...

It belongs in every Union Freight Teamster forum we have here, as to the message as to what is going on at UPSF is a threat to ALL of us....especially THIS forum. So many have no idea what is going on at UPSF....and we should be supporting our brothers and Sisters at UPSF.

I agree we should support all our union brothers and sisters, regardless of employer.

I keep myself up to speed by reading relevant posts in all forums.

Others should do likewise.

It belongs in every Union Freight Teamster forum we have here, as to the message as to what is going on at UPSF is a threat to ALL of us....especially THIS forum. So many have no idea what is going on at UPSF....and we should be supporting our brothers and Sisters at UPSF.
And let's not forget the history....

Thanks to Teamsters Local 728 for posting this video.
:chairshot:

Hoffa needs to retire 77 how much money is enough?
That's true, however if one of his minions replaces him it's more of the same.
Zuckerman didn't win the election because not enough Teamsters took the trouble to vote, and he didn't have the name recognition in places like Canada. He wasn't really known in the states for those who weren't paying attention. And the average Teamster isn't even in freight anymore.

And never will be again. Which is the root of the problem. The steep decline in union membership is just one of a multitude of reasons for this situation.

I would like to hear where people think we would be, if when deregulation of the trucking was implemented, the following definition of independent contractor had been rigorously enforced:

Under the newly adopted ‘ABC test,’ a worker is an independent contractor to whom a wage order does not apply only if the hiring entity establishes all of the following:

(A) that the worker is free from the control and direction of the hirer in connection with the performance of the work, both under the contract for the performance of such work and in fact;

(B) that the worker performs work that is outside the usual course of the hiring entity’s business; and

(C) that the worker is customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as the work performed for the hiring entity.

The California Supreme Court Deals A Blow To Independent Contractors

And never will be again. Which is the root of the problem. The steep decline in union membership is just one of a multitude of reasons for this situation.

The problem I see in with this statement is that it attempts to rationalize something I think we can all agree is very wrong, anywhere – taking someones money to perform a duty, then knowingly executing that duty in a way that the paying person certainly would not approve of if they knew.

That's true, however if one of his minions replaces him it's more of the same.
Zuckerman didn't win the election because not enough Teamsters took the trouble to vote, and he didn't have the name recognition in places like Canada. He wasn't really known in the states for those who weren't paying attention. And the average Teamster isn't even in freight anymore.
Those guys dropped the ball and didn’t field a candidate from Canada They also left open a trustee spot .If they were on the ball ,They’d be in office right now.Too Bad ,a lesson learned the hard way.

I would like to hear where people think we would be, if when deregulation of the trucking was implemented, the following definition of independent contractor had been rigorously enforced:

Under the newly adopted ‘ABC test,’ a worker is an independent contractor to whom a wage order does not apply only if the hiring entity establishes all of the following:

(A) that the worker is free from the control and direction of the hirer in connection with the performance of the work, both under the contract for the performance of such work and in fact;

(B) that the worker performs work that is outside the usual course of the hiring entity’s business; and

(C) that the worker is customarily engaged in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as the work performed for the hiring entity.

The California Supreme Court Deals A Blow To Independent Contractors

Who enacted Deregulation Democrat Carter and they keep brainwashing us to vote democrat after what they did to us ruined our industry.