ABF | Hoffa punishes the six IBT VPs not on his slate

ReformTeamster

TB Lurker
Credits
On May 27, Southern California Local 572 rank-and-file Teamster Frank Halstead hosted the “What the Hec” radio show, also known as Local 804 Radio. The whole three hour show was great. But I call your attention to a nine minute segment where Frank explained how Hoffa punished all six vice presidents who dared to run against Hoffa's cronies, and beat them.

Basically, Hoffa stripped Kim Schultz's Local 2011 of its charter, stripped John Palmer of his Teamster organizing job, and ordered the six to attend NO Local Union meetings, NO grievance panels, or almost anything else. This is all because of the Old Guard's hate for reformers, and desire for vengeance against ANYBODY who DARES to challenge their Kingdom.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/whattheheckshow/episodes/2017-05-28T09_13_35-07_00

The segment runs from the 2 hour and 41 minute mark until the 2 hour 50 minute mark.

On May 27, Southern California Local 572 rank-and-file Teamster Frank Halstead hosted the “What the Hec” radio show, also known as Local 804 Radio. The whole three hour show was great. But I call your attention to a nine minute segment where Frank explained how Hoffa punished all six vice presidents who dared to run against Hoffa's cronies, and beat them.

Basically, Hoffa stripped Kim Schultz's Local 2011 of its charter, stripped John Palmer of his Teamster organizing job, and ordered the six to attend NO Local Union meetings, NO grievance panels, or almost anything else. This is all because of the Old Guard's hate for reformers, and desire for vengeance against ANYBODY who DARES to challenge their Kingdom.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/whattheheckshow/episodes/2017-05-28T09_13_35-07_00

The segment runs from the 2 hour and 41 minute mark until the 2 hour 50 minute mark.
Thanks for the information. While this doesn't surprise me I hadn't thought about him doing it. It is the teamsters' MO. I know that there are those who disagree with my attitude towards the teamsters 'union' but I have seen this kind of behavior before and it really rubs me the wrong way. What makes it worse is that there is nothing that we can do about it. Yeah, we can vote him out. :hilarious: :biglaugh: There is no avenue for us to take to fix it and there is nothing about it that makes me proud to be part of it. Yeah, we have some outsiders in now who can keep an eye on him and maybe do some good on our behalf. :hilarious::biglaugh: Now we see how that pans out. :shrug:

Unfortunately the six new VPs can't really "keep an eye" on Hoffa. I think, but am not sure, that the GEB only meets in person once a year at the "Unity" (yeah, right) Conference in May (June in convention years) in Las Vegas. I think other "meetings" and votes are done electronically.

Hoffa was almost voted out last year. He actually lost among the voters in the United States. The votes from Teamsters in Canada were counted last, and they voted strongly against their own best interests, so Junior won overall---barely.

There is still a chance this year that the members will get a second chance to do the right thing. There is an election protest still in progress. Teamsters United claims the Evil Hoffa Cabal stalled the Independent Investigations Officer, to avoid the members hearing negative news about Hoffa slate members until after the IBT election last November.

The Election Supervisor's decision is expected in the second half of June. Either a re-run election will be ordered, or it will not. Whichever side loses is guaranteed to appeal that ES decision to the Election Appeals Master. That decision would probably be announced in July. I don't know if that decision could be appealed to a Federal Court.

Here's a little update copied from YRC forum, courtesy of Kennesaw Kid. I don't see how anyone can support this behavior. And to think that we thought that we had a voice on the Executive Board.

0K3dNDU.jpg

Hoffa says :fingure: