Yellow | Hoffa, UPS Reach Handshake Deal

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Hoffa, UPS Reach Handshake Deal
Posted on June 21, 2018

UPDATED--7:40PM. Hoffa’s chief negotiator Denis Taylor and UPS have reached a handshake deal on a national contract that includes two-tier Hybrid Drivers that would deliver ground packages on a lower pay scale.

The tentative agreement "in principle" includes wage increases of $4.15 over five years, an increase to $13 starting pay for part-timers with no catch-up increases, and 22.4 Hybrid Drivers who will deliver ground packages under a two-tier wage structure.

The proposed starting rate for Hybrid Drivers is $20.50. Their top rate at the end of the contract would be $34.79 per hour, about $6 less than Regular Package Drivers will make at the end of the five-year deal.

The proposed deal will face a vote of the membership. UPS Teamsters will be given the chance to review all of the proposed contract changes in writing.

Before any vote, contract negotiations have to be completed on all supplements and riders. Negotiations will be held July 9-12 in Minneapolis to complete bargaining on any supplements and riders that are not completed before then.

Then, a meeting will be held with two representatives from every local with UPS and UPS Freight members.

After the tentative agreements are reviewed at the two-person meeting, they will be put to a vote of the members. Members will vote on the proposed national contract and their supplement at the same time.

http://www.tdu.org/denis_taylor_ups_reach_handshake_deal

If I remember correctly, Hoffa really does like those "handshake deals"...

kZnom7E.jpg

:chairshot:

UPS, Teamsters reach ‘handshake agreement’ on new five-year labor deal

Shippers fearing a replay of a costly and damaging strike by UPS Teamsters of 20 years ago can exhale. The world’s largest small package company and its approximately 265,000 Teamsters have reached what UPS calls a “handshake agreement” on a five-year labor deal that could pave the way for Sunday deliveries.

https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/artic...ndshake_agreement_on_new_five_year_labor_deal

:bananag:

Second rate Teamsters?
And we have the ****in nerve to call ourselves a Union?
By 2022 a twenty something kid will be making $34.79 an hr. delivering 1 pound Amazon boxes. How many teamster LTL drivers will be making the same? Plus a full time pension. Better than sweating it out for seven years to go full time, don't you think. The big winners will be orphans in the 22 teamster pension funds UPS contributes too, got to love more full time pension contributions.

By 2022 a twenty something kid will be making $34.79 an hr. delivering 1 pound Amazon boxes. How many teamster LTL drivers will be making the same? Plus a full time pension. Better than sweating it out for seven years to go full time, don't you think. The big winners will be orphans in the 22 teamster pension funds UPS contributes too, got to love more full time pension contributions.
Good for them. Still dosen't make it right.

SMH....And when all the top tier employees are gone and retired, they will be replaced by MORE 2nd tier employees and in a few years, the company will have gotten $6 per hour in concessions from that time forward....in some cases, some present employees who may have kids or grand kids coming to work in the the future at UPS will be making less than their grandparents a generation ago....SMH

REALLY a two-tier wage structure what a joke and union said ok ??
you have it now at YRC. 3 years to top rate. $11.90 for part time when UPS will go to $13. fing joke this place is. you senior guys will vote yes again even if they ask for another 5% because your unwilling to accept the notion that things will never improve and you dont want to start over somewhere else for more money. i have 2 men that have openly said they would work for $15hr if they keep the insurance.

SMH....And when all the top tier employees are gone and retired, they will be replaced by MORE 2nd tier employees and in a few years, the company will have gotten $6 per hour in concessions from that time forward....in some cases, some present employees who may have kids or grand kids coming to work in the the future at UPS will be making less than their grandparents a generation ago....SMH
UPS's wage structure has to change, to stay competitive. UPS employees are smart enough to see this, and will pass a contract that benefits all parties involved. That includes the orphans in the 22 pension funds UPS contributes to.
[QUOTE="wongway, post:

Senior guys.
Will.
Vote.
No.
Bub.
:17142:
So when the last B.S. -15% giveback vote , in the Driver's room while company people were listening , 60% of the old farts was whining & crying & saying where else am I going to go get a job & my wife don't work and the Union was saying vote yes or we'll shut the doors and the old & young sheep believed them !! and then they got yes vote and yrcw gave out BONUSES to all of the so called broke yrcw ?? so don't drink the Kool-aid this time :heykoolaid:

I didnt drink it the first time. I will certainly not this time either.
Wasn't it two votes? One for ten. Then they asked for more the second vote.
I'm an ol fart. Can't remember. Not that far back.

So when the last B.S. -15% giveback vote , in the Driver's room while company people were listening , 60% of the old farts was whining & crying & saying where else am I going to go get a job & my wife don't work and the Union was saying vote yes or we'll shut the doors and the old & young sheep believed them !! and then they got yes vote and yrcw gave out BONUSES to all of the so called broke yrcw ?? so don't drink the Kool-aid this time :heykoolaid:

Wong, you have to stop referring to your elders as "old farts" or else our long time relationship will be affected in a very negative way!