Yellow | Hoffa, UPS Reach Handshake Deal

:17142:
eld·er1
ˈeldər/
noun
plural noun: elders
  1. a person of greater age than someone specified.
    "schoolchildren were no less fascinated than their elders"
    • a person of advanced age.
    • a leader or senior figure in a tribe or other group.
      "a council of village elders"
      synonyms: leader, senior figure, patriarch, father
      "the native elders

:17142:
eld·er1
ˈeldər/
noun
plural noun: elders
  1. a person of greater age than someone specified.
    "schoolchildren were no less fascinated than their elders"
    • a person of advanced age.
    • a leader or senior figure in a tribe or other group.
      "a council of village elders"
      synonyms: leader, senior figure, patriarch, father
      "the native elders

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder

Seniority or Authority.

One to be respected and sought in advisory capacity, when decisions for the greater good are to be made.

I didnt drink it the first time. I will certainly not this time either.
Wasn't it two votes? One for ten. Then they asked for more the second vote.
I'm an ol fart. Can't remember. Not that far back.
Correct it was two votes

Wong, you have to stop referring to your elders as "old farts" or else our long time relationship will be affected in a very negative way!
Well that is what the new hires call us guys ,but now I know that we are the Elders :guiness:

UPS's wage structure has to change, to stay competitive. UPS employees are smart enough to see this, and will pass a contract that benefits all parties involved. That includes the orphans in the 22 pension funds UPS contributes to.
[QUOTE="wongway, post:

I think the point we are trying to make Bubba, is don't sell out your children and grandchildren .Grow a set,which would mean they may have to take less to make sure the next generation has the same good job they were blessed with. It makes them look greedy and spineless otherwise.

Wonder what he thinks of Junior after seeing this ups handshake ?
jimmy-hoffa.jpg

I worked as a seasonal feeder driver(tractor-trailer) seven different seasons, was a dues paying teamster member and actually saw a $4 an hour decrease over the years meanwhile fulltime drivers got huge pay increases. They finally offered me a full time job and I turned it down because I had got hired at Yellow and UPS took three years to get to full scale and the job was better at Yellow. UPS would always treat drivers who came in off the street instead of moving up from package cars as second class and even let package car drivers who became feeder drivers keep their seniority when they came to the feeder board. So you would work years before you could get a decent bid.