Holland | Hoffa's Teamsters 1959

Thanks for posting the links to the TIME articles the5tolls, that was great reading. What a difference solidarity made 50+ yrs. ago. Hoffa Sr. worked tirelessly to keep everybody on the same page and accountable, he paid his organizers well back in the day (20K/yr) but they produced results.

I LMAO at the Part 3 'Teamster Tale' of the driver running the sheep over.

Thanks for posting the links to the TIME articles the5tolls, that was great reading. What a difference solidarity made 50+ yrs. ago. Hoffa Sr. worked tirelessly to keep everybody on the same page and accountable, he paid his organizers well back in the day (20K/yr) but they produced results.

I LMAO at the Part 3 'Teamster Tale' of the driver running the sheep over.
I laughed also, it kind of bummed me out after I read the whole series I got to thinking about April 2019. I like thinking about putting up a big fight and getting a hunk of our money back. But then I go in to work at night and look at all the other drivers in the room and think to myself "these guys aren't up to a fight", maybe a few of them, but most of them are old men. I can see the handwriting on the wall if they offer us a little thirty cent a year wage increase and leave our medical alone these guys will be fighting to line up and say YES. There are no young fighters left, just a bunch of worn out old men that just need to get a few more years in. After reading that article I was thinking about trying to start a "Bring your baseball bat to work Tuesday" or "Make a scab bleed Thursday" movement, unfortunately I think I was born fifty years to late! Oh well, maybe in another ten years we will be up to almost twenty five bucks an hour. WooHoo

So you're saying it's ok to beat me or someone else up because we work for a non-Union carrier?
Is it okay for non union drivers to benefit from those who fought for the rights and wages you receive. You people astound me. Teamsters were responsible for the safety and improved conditions ALL drivers enjoy today. Read your history. Yet you secretly approach me at stops and thank God we're out there because if we go your lifestyle plummets. So, modern, independent " I don't need no union" truck driver yeah those who have the courage and tenacity to fight every day to protect the rights for all of you hitch hikers. It's the same as those spoiled citizens standing on the flag others fought to protect. ..
So you're saying it's ok to beat me or someone else up because we work for a non-Union carrier?

Is it okay for non union drivers to benefit from those who fought for the rights and wages you receive. You people astound me. Teamsters were responsible for the safety and improved conditions ALL drivers enjoy today. Read your history. Yet you secretly approach me at stops and thank God we're out there because if we go your lifestyle plummets. So, modern, independent " I don't need no union" truck driver yeah those who have the courage and tenacity to fight every day to protect the rights for all of you hitch hikers. It's the same as those spoiled citizens standing on the flag others fought to protect. ..

Oh please.

As is typical to the type, you toss a guilt grenade at people discussing the old days to bring them down, but, you can't take the truth grenade returned. ..

The teamsters don't have a viable product to sell anymore, so you insist on living in the '50s. I'm sorry things have gotten as bad for y'all as it has, but there is nothing at a union shop that interests me. And quit trying to make it sound like you're going out with a lead pipe breaking managment's kneecaps open. It's not 1972 anymore.

I guess you do not understand what a scab is....or at least we differ in opinions. It's pretty hard to say if I think you need an ass beating without meeting you in person, my guess it would probably take about five seconds to figure it out. I worked as many jobs at non union companies as union companies in my career, I think it is four and four but I would have to work my brain way to hard right after I woke up for the day to really be sure. Some of my best friends work for non union companies, some great guys that I miss dearly!
An example of a scab! A very good example!

I guess you do not understand what a scab is....or at least we differ in opinions. It's pretty hard to say if I think you need an ass beating without meeting you in person, my guess it would probably take about five seconds to figure it out. I worked as many jobs at non union companies as union companies in my career, I think it is four and four but I would have to work my brain way to hard right after I woke up for the day to really be sure. Some of my best friends work for non union companies, some great guys that I miss dearly!
An example of a scab! A very good example!

I do know what the definition of a scab is, but I've also heard some of the less respectable of your brothers refer to anyone who doesn't work for a union shop as a scab. So I was just seeing where you stood, because I watch you on here and I've got a good deal of respect for you. Hope you're having a good one and a safe one!

I do know what the definition of a scab is, but I've also heard some of the less respectable of your brothers refer to anyone who doesn't work for a union shop as a scab. So I was just seeing where you stood, because I watch you on here and I've got a good deal of respect for you. Hope you're having a good one and a safe one!
I guess us union guys are a lot nicer than you non union guys on truckers board, if we had posted the above things you said against the union for the union on most of the sites like Conway they would be screaming: Troll Troll Troll, delete his post, ban him for life!....I've never seen such a bunch of dicks in my life.

See that's the thing, my issue is with only some of the individuals in the union, and the leadership of the union, not the members as a whole or you in particular. I've got several friends that are teamsters. Great guys. I do have a problem with those in the union that think I'm some subhuman species and don't deserve to work or exist just because I don't carry a card in my pocket.

I guess us union guys are a lot nicer than you non union guys on truckers board, if we had posted the above things you said against the union for the union on most of the sites like Conway they would be screaming: Troll Troll Troll, delete his post, ban him for life!....I've never seen such a bunch of dicks in my life.
I don't believe I said anything about beating anyone there non-union guy. Judging by your response the truth burned a little. You should probably stay away from the union sites cause you're a little bit to delicate it seems. Oh and I stand by every word I said without sugar coating my reply

I don't believe I said anything about beating anyone there non-union guy. Judging by your response the truth burned a little. You should probably stay away from the union sites cause you're a little bit to delicate it seems. Oh and I stand by every word I said without sugar coating my reply

Welcome to truckingboards, says on your profile header you're a new member. Guess that means you don't know I've gone toe to toe in debates with many a union member in the years I've been around here. And as I stated earlier, I've been referred to as a scab even though I've never crossed a picket line. So yeah I get a little up in arms when people start talking about making a guy bleed simply for trying to provide for his family. Funny how that happens. And I stand by everything I say as well, hang around a while and you'll see that.

Welcome to truckingboards, says on your profile header you're a new member. Guess that means you don't know I've gone toe to toe in debates with many a union member in the years I've been around here. And as I stated earlier, I've been referred to as a scab even though I've never crossed a picket line. So yeah I get a little up in arms when people start talking about making a guy bleed simply for trying to provide for his family. Funny how that happens. And I stand by everything I say as well, hang around a while and you'll see that.
So do I start quivering now , or wait awhile longer there Rambo...