Holland | Hoffa's Teamsters 1959

Union companies in this industry are all sinking ships -- what's attractive about that?

Didn't YRC halt retirement contributions after the recession?

If someone is looking to sign up for a decent paying job, fork over dues, have job perks based on seniority rather than performance -- then the union is the right place for you. I'm happy for you.

On the other hand -- if someone is working smart, adding value to the company, and trying to better themselves - who gives a crap whether they work for an "at will" company because it will never come into play. If your contributing -- you will be kept around and paid well.

Also - joining a union is somewhat of a life sentence. You better hope it works out.

On the other hand -- if someone is working smart, adding value to the company, and trying to better themselves - who gives a crap whether they work for an "at will" company because it will never come into play. If your contributing -- you will be kept around and paid well.
Never say never! The day may come when you have a problem with your back or knees or shoulders. It sucks to get old. In many cases truckers get old before their time. There is always a newbee who can work faster or sucks up to management. With at will employees it's only what you can do for the company today. The past 25-30 years of faithful service means little or nothing anymore...............Oh I forgot not OD it treats it's employees like family................ I don't try to tell people where to post. But in your case since you drink the green koolade your logic might be better served on the green acres forum. Song is doing just fine on his own.

Union companies in this industry are all sinking ships -- what's attractive about that?

Didn't YRC halt retirement contributions after the recession?

If someone is looking to sign up for a decent paying job, fork over dues, have job perks based on seniority rather than performance -- then the union is the right place for you. I'm happy for you.

Also - joining a union is somewhat of a life sentence. You better hope it works out.
My work here is done. I have exposed your agenda for all to see. Your posts on a union site show you don't want to exchange ideas but rather poke with a stick then squeal like little pigs when you get snapped at. So go about your lives you little brats and make believe you're men. No charge for the enlightenment... Oh and the YRC cuts were voted in by sheep like you within our own ranks that felt important because the bosses smoozed them. I haven't any respect for their less than honorable actions either... equal opportunity hater...lol

Never say never! The day may come when you have a problem with your back or knees or shoulders. It sucks to get old. In many cases truckers get old before their time. There is always a newbee who can work faster or sucks up to management. With at will employees it's only what you can do for the company today. The past 25-30 years of faithful service means little or nothing anymore...............Oh I forgot not OD it treats it's employees like family................ I don't try to tell people where to post. But in your case since you drink the green koolade your logic might be better served on the green acres forum. Song is doing just fine on his own.

You don't tell ppl where to post...until you do.

I will read and share my opinion where I like. Not here to support Song - just kind of amazed at all the sheep over here.

I def do not drink anyone's kool aid. I'm not any more loyal to OD than they are to me...business is business. They provide me with a good salary and work environment -- I provide them with my skills and hard work.

I have my own brand that's built on skills, experience, education, networking, results, and effectiveness. My job security is in myself...not some org that takes my money and in turn I'm supposed to trust in them wholeheartedly for my future.

You clearly don't get it...nothing to do with your age and whether you're a dinosaur or not. It's all you know...you are a product of your environment.

My work here is done. I have exposed your agenda for all to see. Your posts on a union site show you don't want to exchange ideas but rather poke with a stick then squeal like little pigs when you get snapped at. So go about your lives you little brats and make believe you're men. No charge for the enlightenment... Oh and the YRC cuts were voted in by sheep like you within our own ranks that felt important because the bosses smoozed them. I haven't any respect for their less than honorable actions either... equal opportunity hater...lol
Sorry...what's my agenda?

I'm happy to exchange ideas....all you seem to do is call names and expel moronic sentences.

You don't tell ppl where to post...until you do.

I will read and share my opinion where I like. Not here to support Song - just kind of amazed at all the sheep over here.

I def do not drink anyone's kool aid. I'm not any more loyal to OD than they are to me...business is business. They provide me with a good salary and work environment -- I provide them with my skills and hard work.

I have my own brand that's built on skills, experience, education, networking, results, and effectiveness. My job security is in myself...not some org that takes my money and in turn I'm supposed to trust in them wholeheartedly for my future.

You clearly don't get it...nothing to do with your age and whether you're a dinosaur or not. It's all you know...you are a product of your environment.

I didn't tell you where to post and not post. I simply suggested that your logic might be better served on the green acres forum. You can post on the union forums as long as the moderators let you. By your description of your work skills I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are not a driver or dockman.

I didn't tell you where to post and not post. I simply suggested that your logic might be better served on the green acres forum. You can post on the union forums as long as the moderators let you. By your description of your work skills I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you are not a driver or dockman.

Why...because I think for myself?

Last edited:
He sounds like exlax 396's illegitimate brother.

Why...because I think for myself?
It appears that you had second thoughts and deleted the part of your post that said you had worked as a driver and dockman. That you are not in management and are not the enemy. Since you're not in management and not in labor I think that only leaves sales. If you're a salesman for OD then that would explain your interest in attacking unions on a union forum. Careful what you post, you might someday be selling for the unionized UPSF.

So your feelings are hurt because of my bluntness?
First off, you couldn't hurt my feelings if you gave it your best shot. And honestly, I'm blunt and right to the point myself, so I actually like people that get right to the point.

If you choose, to support, identify, and agree with his views and the negative union implications so be it. I place you in the same category.
I don't care what "category" you put me in, since it's completely pointless. I've spent the majority of my adult life IN a union, so someone like you won't be telling me anything about a union that I don't already know.

If you want agreement, simply go spout your sophmoric principles on a sight where fellows nons are so you can get whatever gratification you are after.
I jump around on several forums and can do it because I don't get on other people's forum and stir crap up. I follow the rules and engage in conversations.

Grow up and quit being so delicate.
Oh, everyone has to act and post like they are some kind of bad ass to get your approval hey? How about posting with some professionalism instead? Give a try sometime, it makes for good conversations.

By the way, I noticed that you didn't touch my point where I said that the union members aren't encouraging the nons to either jump ship to the union companies or help to organize their non-union company.........and it could be partially because the nons think that they won't be accepted by you "scab haters". And who would want to work in such a hate-filled work atmosphere?
You guys complain about getting these truck trashing, freight wrecking, greenhorns for co-workers, but call the veterans from the non-union carriers scabs and every other hateful word, but wonder why they won't come join your company.
:duh:

Oh and the YRC cuts were voted in by sheep like you within our own ranks that felt important because the bosses smoozed them.
If I remember right, one of the votes went yes by something like 70+ %. So you are calling 70+ % of your co-workers sheep. I'll make a note of that.

I haven't any respect for their less than honorable actions either... equal opportunity hater...lol
I disagreed with the yes votes, but didn't lose respect for those who voted yes or call their actions "less than honorable" since everyone has their own reasons for why they voted yes. I lost in the concession votes, but I was man enough to accept the loss without losing respect for my co-workers.

If I remember right, one of the votes went yes by something like 70+ %. So you are calling 70+ % of your co-workers sheep. I'll make a note of that.

I disagreed with the yes votes, but didn't lose respect for those who voted yes or call their actions "less than honorable" since everyone has their own reasons for why they voted yes. I lost in the concession votes, but I was man enough to accept the loss without losing

[QUOTE="beentheredoneit, post: 1052040,
Sorry for you. I guess that's the difference between you and I. Those drivers who fought for the yes votes did it by spreading lies and fear. They were rewarded for it by the management and never had to answer for their deception . I at least confronted every management and company man face to face including the president..

Trust me.......I lobbied hard against the concession votes. And look what the yes vote has done to those companies that took the concessions.
Most are happy that they "still have a job", but my guess is that many of them would have voted no if they could have predicted what kind of mess these concessions would put their company in. {I know, I know, hindsight is always 20/20}
It has sunk so low that they can't even beg drivers to join. That says it all.