Hogan Assessments

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by miltowntrucker, Oct 20, 2017.

1. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

I had an interview Wednesday seemed to go pretty good. I was already sold on DFL but after the interview I want in even more! I have to take this Hogan acessment online, does anyone know how much this is test is actually part of getting hired?

2. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Guessing, but CF did that years ago. 400 questions & half are worded a little bit different, but they score it on if you answered the questions the same way. Usually questions asked 5 different ways. If you responded 5 different ways a big red flag, meaning no job. As you are taking the test you will ask yourself didn't I just answer that question? Yes, you did. Did you steal from mom, dad, friend, school, candy. Same basic question over & over. And over & over 5 times I do not steal. You are hired. Even if you flunk, they need something to hold the steering wheel. When I took my test with CF in October of 1998 I also applied with ABF who hired me. I did my best to flunk the CF test & the funny thing is CF made an offer to hire me 1 day after I accepted a job @ ABF. As time went on, I found out just how lucky I was. von.

coondogg likes this.
  3. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

I was told that they look for different traits depending on the position someone is applying for. I was also told they have passed on drivers who aren't a good fit according to that test. I don't know how often that happens, though.

I think they're mainly looking to weed out dishonest, antisocial people with anger issues. Basically don't be a psychopath and you should be fine.

4. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

Hey Coondogg. If im not mistaken I believe they told me in the interview that 95% of the tractors have automatics(awesome!) and that they are going to turn the MPH up to 70! Is that correct??

coondogg likes this.
  5. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Yep. I believe everybody is still road tested in one of the older 10 speeds, though. I am kind of old-fashioned, so I didn't like the idea of the automatics, but I got used to them. They just told us that all new tractors would be set at 70 and that the existing fleet going back to a certain model year would be turned up whenever they go in for a service.

miltowntrucker likes this.
  6. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I remember the blow-back corp got when the trucks were turned down to 70.
    The auto-shifts suck big time, aint no way around that.

coondogg likes this.
  7. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Yeah, it's not the outlaw place I've heard stories about. I don't care much about the speed of trucks anymore. At 68, this job has the slowest truck I've ever driven, but also has the highest earnings I've ever made. Not to mention the fact that we can still pass over half the trucks out there as it is now. 70 will be nice to not be holding up those large cars so long when we're passing somebody.

As far as the auto-shifts are concerned, I agree. I said I got used to them, not that I like them (although many drivers do). Backing can get interesting, especially for city drivers.

miltowntrucker likes this.
  8. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

I drive a 10 speed now pulling doubles with a max speed of 64. So 70 MPH, automatic trans and pulling a van seems pretty good to me...

coondogg likes this.
  9. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Yeah, being able to roll and not messing with doubles is definitely a plus.

10. Rollin

Rollin Member

I think I might have taken that test once and not even realizing what it was for some company. I never heard back from the company and didn't follow up on the position, so no idea how I did. Apparently I was off on that day :fat:.

Why are you looking to go with Dayton?