Holland | Holand hiring or not

You mean to tell me you work for holland,and that your terminal has not had a layoff in over 3 years? Sounds a little fishy to me.we are half the size we were 5 years ago.
Part timers working has kept them from laying off any city drivers. Everyone has been working. Our board shrank due to retirements and not replacing them. The bottom drivers can get jagged around with start times but they still get 40 hours minimum

Part timers working has kept them from laying off any city drivers. Everyone has been working. Our board shrank due to retirements and not replacing them. The bottom drivers can get jagged around with start times but they still get 40 hours minimum
no kidding,they work 4 hr casuals everyday with men on layoff here. With the unions blessing. As long as they offer it to layed off men first they can work the casuals everyday.

no kidding,they work 4 hr casuals everyday with men on layoff here. With the unions blessing. As long as they offer it to layed off men first they can work the casuals everyday.

So layed off men are turning down work and you want someone to stand up for them? Sounds like the company is following the proper order of work call. Hard to feel sorry for someone when they are turning down work

They are looking to hire local drivers in Milwaukee, but they still have two road drivers laid off.

the number of the job posting for Milwaukee FT local drivers is: 2013-9934, on the YRC career website. It was just posted this morning. I am new to the board, but I would not have just made something like that up. I have been reading many of the boards for many months, mostly YRC, Holland and ABF, it seems like everyone always knows more than the next guy, kind of reminds me why I don't run a radio anymore!

the number of the job posting for Milwaukee FT local drivers is: 2013-9934, on the YRC career website. It was just posted this morning. I am new to the board, but I would not have just made something like that up. I have been reading many of the boards for many months, mostly YRC, Holland and ABF, it seems like everyone always knows more than the next guy, kind of reminds me why I don't run a radio anymore!

Well the TM has said more than once that our head count is too high right now. We are busy and they are prob taking apps for the vacation cycle but are not looking to add drivers yet. Dont believe everything you read on the internet

Tim has called back five road drivers in the last month, so the head count can't be that high. Usually when they are taking apps for the vacation cycle they will post the job as caual driver not FT driver. I don't believe everything I read, but I do believe what I read when it is on a reliable career site where I have gotten two jobs in the past, including my current position. Maybe you have heard of guys having problems with the YRC carreer site, I know many guys that have gotten jobs through it, and never heard a complaint about it. I know them drivers are usually not very quiet when something doesn't work out the way it is suppose to.

Road drivers dont factor into the head count for city driver needs. The have a formula with bills per day and how many city drivers are needed to accomplish the task. Even with 2 drivers retiring in the next two months and 2 drivers on modified we have just enough work. Tim can call back all the road drivers it wont matter. One thing you should learn about yrc, dont believe them. Not one word from their management, web sites, ads, etc. The one thing yrc is good at is lies.

I am actually working as a relay driver for YRC right now, but I am laid off from Holland since Sept as a road driver. I am guessing they will be calling me back in Feb sometime and I am going to have a real hard decision if I am coming back or not. Right now I would say it is fifty fifty, I am hoping they wait a little longer to call me back so I have more time to feel this relay job out.

New hire rate is $17.60/hr and .4344 per mile Please get your figures right instead of just grabbing some numbers out of the air.

New hire rate is $17.60/hr and .4344 per mile Please get your figures right instead of just grabbing some numbers out of the air.

Haha, Your punching a few to many numbers.it's terrible that a guy does not know how much he even makes a hr. Let alone the donating part.

That is the actual pay that Holland pays.A senior member on this board and does not even know what he gets paid,what a shame!!!! New hire rate is 85% after the 15% give back,so maybe you need to go back to school or learn to read the contract

Tim has called back five road drivers in the last month, so the head count can't be that high. Usually when they are taking apps for the vacation cycle they will post the job as caual driver not FT driver. I don't believe everything I read, but I do believe what I read when it is on a reliable career site where I have gotten two jobs in the past, including my current position. Maybe you have heard of guys having problems with the YRC carreer site, I know many guys that have gotten jobs through it, and never heard a complaint about it. I know them drivers are usually not very quiet when something doesn't work out the way it is suppose to.

Tim called them back? I find it hard to believe he makes decisions on his own.

Isn't Andrew Cook behind all decisions of this sort? I would guess that is where the idea started and he contacted Tim in Milwaukee. I would think a smart fella with 318 posts would have some sort of idea how the process worked?