TForce | Hold Out!

Skeeter

TB Veteran
Credits
All the rest of the UPSF terminals need to hold out till after January 8th to see what they are offering YRCW and the rest of the union companies. If they get a sub par contract and choose to strike then there would be more strength in numbers if we don't go along with this sub par contract.

It is a very short time to wait to get this contract done the right way for all of us.
I believe this pertains to all of us not just UPSF. We are going to have to hold the union's feet to the fire to get a decent contract.

We may need to change with the times. But lets all do it together. We would have a much better chance of getting contract that will draw other companies to want to be a part of it then what we have now.

It use to be we could only trust the teamsters. It was the teamsters and us against the company.

Now it's the working man against the teamsters and the company. If we are going to come out with a contract we all can be proud of and attract other companies we are going to have to all stick together.

UPSF drivers WE NEED TO HOLD OUT! Don't let the locals push you to hurry with this contract. They are playing us against the Master Freight Contract.

UNITED WE STAND!

Sounds like a good plan to me Skeeter.
The NMFA doesn't expire untill the end of March.
If the first draft of the new NMFA thats being presented to them really stinks.
The members can send their rep's back to the table to try and get a better deal more to their liking.

So the way I see this is the Teamster members still have 3 whole months to get what they want,and not settle for any sub par deals regarding the National Master Freight Agreement.

You will never get a NMFA with UPSF! Be prepared to endure a long strike if you think that is echieveable. Then the company will be in great shape. I highly doubt that any one on this board could rally the troops for a strike, when you do not have a union now. To hold out for something you will never get is patent nonsense. You will either accept the INDY agreement with a few changes or you will get nothing. I am not holding out for anything, the INDY contract is good start, sure it is not great, but with good stewards enforcing it to every dotted i and crossed t it will work well for all employees and serve as the foundation for futher gains in the future. I don't work for ABF or YRC or Reddaway(who is not under the NMFA) there are a alot or costly changes coming to UPSF and we will have to get what we can now and grow into a better contract. I will not hold out I will work to get all my brothers at my location to do the same. This hold out nonsense is just an attempt to stall the unionization for as long as possible. :1036316054:

Yes your right the Teamsters have made it very clear that we will never have the NMFA.
We won't be under their pension,or ever receive a zero contribution health care plan.
But we can have a simular contract,building on the Indy contract we should be able to get some more improvements.
After all just this one terminal got a contract.
Reno has theirs now we are looking at a multitude of terminals ready to commit themselves to Teamster representation,so why can't we figure on getting a little better deal with so many more climbing on board?

Have you ever tried to hold out after a enama? :biglaugh:

Now that is unfair.....................:hysterical::hysterical:. If we settle for the INS. they have in the contract for INDY, when we get better now, that in itself is stupid, I am sorry, why do I want to loose something , to gain something, that could put my livelyhood in jeopardy.

I hate too say this, the card check is fine, I have no problem with that, but I am not going to loose for a golfcart conspiracy!!!! If I made 500,000 a year I mite look at things a bit differently, But I do not .

Now that is unfair.....................:hysterical::hysterical:. If we settle for the INS. they have in the contract for INDY, when we get better now, that in itself is stupid, I am sorry, why do I want to loose something , to gain something, that could put my livelyhood in jeopardy.

I hate too say this, the card check is fine, I have no problem with that, but I am not going to loose for a golfcart conspiracy!!!! If I made 500,000 a year I mite look at things a bit differently, But I do not .

You are right. But remember, you are one vote, and this is to be brought to the members for ratification.

You are right. But remember, you are one vote, and this is to be brought to the members for ratification.

Lets put it this way and compare apples too apples, do the figures, present them and let them decide, I am quite sure they will feel the same.

I'm wondering what makes you think you'll "build" on the Indy contract? When does that piece of work expire? Do you think that business conditions will be better then? You assume too much if you've connected this feel good idea about building a future (while you have all but given away your leverage) for a negotiation that will take place during the lower part of the business cycle.

Has anyone actually confirmed how the Indy contract medical Ins. is paid out? What are the facts regarding co-pays and out of pocket expences to the employee?

What are the positives and negitives to this contract compared to what we have now. I hear alot of talk but where are the actual facts. I am only interested in FACTS not talk,opinion,hear say! By now we should have some solid factual information on this Indy contract! What the heck is going on.

Well said Skeeter!! We must stand strong and work together. The Indy Contract is sub-par and can have significant consequences to all Teamsters working in LTL, future Negotiations, raises etc... The NMFA has been fought for by our Brothers in the Union thru Negotiatons, Strikes etc...Why would we settle for anything LESS. Can we say WALMART!! These huge Companies are trying to kill the day of the UNION. They have unlimited resources. Look at a CEO's Payroll or Qtrly Bonus. We all need to make a living but we must stay strong and United!! Never accept a a sub par offer / first offer. Their is definitely room for improvement. Send them all back to the Table. Utilize the remaining time left on the current contract and turn up the Heat! I will bet you will see a better agreement. The company has alot to loose as well.

What are the positives and negitives to this contract compared to what we have now. I hear alot of talk but where are the actual facts. I am only interested in FACTS not talk,opinion,hear say! By now we should have some solid factual information on this Indy contract! What the heck is going on.

I have thought this since day one, if the contract is a good one that we should be excited about, then it benefits the union to release a full copy of it so we can read over it and see all of the enefits of it.

If it is a subpar one then if benefits them to keep it from everyone and give us an hour to look over it then deceide if we want to join.

If it is a great contract it would be "leaked"
Just like the DVD that we received in the mail.

Ignorance is bliss

Anyone who wants a copy of the contract can get one. This is the information age! I have one and I didn't get it from my local union. If you really wanted one, you could get it, though it seems that it is easier to put the contract down with hearsay than to have actually read it. This Mr. Moderator is my issue with some of these posts. Guys mock the contract and the union, yet they freely admit they have never read the contract.:hysterical: I have, it is not sub-par and it is not NMFA. It is the first contract of what may become the largest and most powerful LTL company in the USA.:1036316054:

Has anyone actually confirmed how the Indy contract medical Ins. is paid out? What are the facts regarding co-pays and out of pocket expences to the employee?

Buster you are right, and let me explain. In my posts I say " if " and I am hoping it is if.

If you have seen the rough draft of the contract that skeeter had sent out some time ago which was in referrance to the INDY contract, the INS. is shyte.

No ,we have not seen the actual plan ( or what was negotiated rather) but in comparison to what we have now it is catastrophic at best.

85% coverage is one issue, with $2000.00 maximum out of pocket expense.

15 dollar copay's across the board.

And a per week out of pocket expense for the INS. $50.00 for single, per month, $100.00 Yourself and Spouse, per month ,$150.00 Yourself, Spouse, children, per month.

This is some of the rough draft, I have emailed some from INDY and have recieved no confirmation either way.

So this is fictitious until we see it in black and white, but this plan will differ per region, the monies given to the contract per region will stay the same, but the monies within the contract will be divied out in bennies and raises differently pending on what you negotiate within your region.

After the card's have been verified, we will have a meeting with the contract INDY has desighned, allowing us to negotiate further, pending on what best fit's our needs, pertaining too the region.

With this being said, I hope the INS. is better in the contract then the roughdraft. When we speak SUB-PAR it best describes the above statement.