TForce | Hold Out!

Heck yes wouldn't we all have been better off if we looked into our futures what it would be like after leaving the job market,BusterNite.

Who could of ever predicted that the cost of living would go up faster than the pay increases,we were getting per year?

Oh well everyone nows hindsight is totally worthless,where as fourthsight is priceless.

I believe hindsight is totally worthless only if you don't learn from your past mistakes. Elvis out...

how did the failing of enron efect the 401k?

CNN:

It is the third lawsuit filed on behalf of Enron employees, who have lost an estimated $850 million on Enron stock held in their 401(k) retirement accounts.

Question everything overnite, it won't get old.:chairshot::chairshot:

Gee wiz I don't really think we are ready for a women head man.
What happens when she has a bad hair day,or the cranky time of the month arrives?
Will she want to blow some nation off the map,or come up with some crazy law,or someother wacky idea we don't need?

I guess I'm just old fashion.
The Holy Bible has always said the women was created to be a helper for the man,not the head of our country.

The Holy Bible has always said the women was created to be a helper for the man,not the head of our country.
Two things Apo,
a) The Bible was written by men to control the population.
b) Politics and Religion should never mix, thats why there is senseless wars.

Thanks for you opinion hugnlug.
I still say we don't need a women president thats still my opinion.
I can agree to disagree with you on this topic.

Thanks for you opinion hugnlug.
I still say we don't need a women president thats still my opinion.
I can agree to disagree with you on this topic.

Apo. no offence, I have a religion, and I am quite sure most do regaurdless as to what it mite be.

There is a reason why there is such a statement as " seperation of church and state" probably a two faced comment but very true.

All though I respect the fact you are well involved in your religion , it is probably best to keep those comments to yourself, some consider such statements as offensive, and religeon breeds contraversy.

Please APO. That probably is one subject better left alone..

CNN:

It is the third lawsuit filed on behalf of Enron employees, who have lost an estimated $850 million on Enron stock held in their 401(k) retirement accounts.

Question everything overnite, it won't get old.:chairshot::chairshot:

How did I let this slip by with our replying

Yes the 401k is susceptible to market conditions it will go up and down but it can't dissappear, a 401k losing money is not a failuire, losing 100% would be a failuire.

The enron employees lost a portion of there 401k that is sad, but they lost there whole pension 100% of it.

becuase of there 401k they have somthing left.

If they were diversified they would not of

All the rest of the UPSF terminals need to hold out till after January 8th to see what they are offering YRCW and the rest of the union companies. If they get a sub par contract and choose to strike then there would be more strength in numbers if we don't go along with this sub par contract.

It is a very short time to wait to get this contract done the right way for all of us.
I believe this pertains to all of us not just UPSF. We are going to have to hold the union's feet to the fire to get a decent contract.

We may need to change with the times. But lets all do it together. We would have a much better chance of getting contract that will draw other companies to want to be a part of it then what we have now.

It use to be we could only trust the teamsters. It was the teamsters and us against the company.

Now it's the working man against the teamsters and the company. If we are going to come out with a contract we all can be proud of and attract other companies we are going to have to all stick together.

UPSF drivers WE NEED TO HOLD OUT! Don't let the locals push you to hurry with this contract. They are playing us against the Master Freight Contract.

UNITED WE STAND!

I don't see how waiting until the NMFA is made publc can do anyhing but help u get a better deal, unless it has consessions in it,

some people think the indy contract is subpar compared to the current NMFA. If they get a better deal that makes our contract look even worse.

But there details will be made out this week. It is getting intresting.

All along we've been lead to understand that local suppelments will be added on to the already completed INDY contract.
So the only way we should be looking at the Indy contract in regards to the rest of us is.
Indy is a foundation,the supplements is the building being built on that portion of the structure.
Foundations are needed but they are buried in the ground and the actual structure stands out on the surface.

Overnite:
How did I let this slip by with our replying

Maybe you needed time to think of a comeback.

I never said anything about failure, just that the 401k is not immune to loss, thus Enron coming to mind.

The Ocean is blue.

What does blue have to do with the Ocean?:chairshot:

Overnite:

Maybe you needed time to think of a comeback.

I never said anything about failure, just that the 401k is not immune to loss, thus Enron coming to mind.

The Ocean is blue.

What does blue have to do with the Ocean?:chairshot:

Steve I hate to burst your bubble but the ocean is not blue Its the reflection of the sky.

Slo, you were not the fish I meant to hook.

This was suppose to be the argument that has no end, like what came first chicken or the egg?

Is the ocean the reflection of the Sky, or the sky the reflection of the ocean?

Aah, maybe I should stick to confusing college kids.