New Penn | Holland closing 11 terminals in north east ?

heard last night holland closing terminals east of ohio april 1st. not to include buffalo. this came from two holland drivers so don't shot me.

it is true take it from a newpenn driver

Word came from our local this morning. Northeast Holland terminals closing. I said yesterday it was a rumor and until I see it made official, then perhaps it is just that, a rumor.
As for the ABF man saying no tractors as of yesterday 1930, then what about today ?

Hey 2000 so when are they suppose to close?

Word is April 1 - but again, until I see something in writing, then I assume this is a rumor. The call I got this morning was a relayed message that our local's BA said that YRC filed for a change of ops.
That's all I know.

That might explain why there were 4 USF tractors at the Yellow Buffalo terminal over the weekend. Sure is sad to see but I wonder where exactly they will all be dovetailing into??? YRC only or follow the work?? What a strange and scary time to be a steering wheel holder.
I dont think it will be a dovetail only if the companys merge like yellow and roadway .

I dont think it will be a dovetail only if the companys merge like yellow and roadway .
Sadly I think you are right.
There is language in the contract for preferential hiring from "commonly owned" companies. But I don't think there is any teeth in it. And there is a provision for an accelerated pay scale. Wait, come to think of it, that is central states I don't know about the norhteast.

Sadly I think you are right.
There is language in the contract for preferential hiring from "commonly owned" companies. But I don't think there is any teeth in it. And there is a provision for an accelerated pay scale. Wait, come to think of it, that is central states I don't know about the norhteast.

I believe it is in the nmfa:popcorn:

Even if they did dovetail since holland took the place of redstar doesnt that make them a newer company and their seniority date wouldnt be untill holland started operating out of red star terminals?????

Even if they did dovetail since holland took the place of redstar doesnt that make them a newer company and their seniority date wouldnt be untill holland started operating out of red star terminals?????
There won't be any "tailing". End or Dove! Mark my words!

i believe that if holland did close in the n east, npme would hire those guys first anyhow.because of there experiance in ltl. when we were busy before and needed people there was nobody around to hire that had a clue for the most part. only bad thing is,there are many at npme layed off and not working,so it might just be enough work to get them all back. still, if i worked at holland and they closed my terminal down today,i would be at npme filling out an application tommorow.

my question would be...is there any chance they would dovetail these drivers into npme??? i guess until the change of ops is revealed there is no way of knowing.. or is there something to keep this from happening..

i feel for the drivers and there families at Holland but if they would dovetail then i would S.O.L....

i'm not an expert on this,but if they just close holland terminals in the n east and keep holland open else where,no ,there would be no end or dove tailing. because company not totaly closeing or are they being merged, as with roadway and yellow. i would say that if you are hired at npme , this would not be a problem for you no matter how far down the list you might be.there should be first new hireing rights , and i'm sure there will be when npme needs to hire. if i am wrong on any of this , any true experts please set me straight.

11 Northeast Holland terminals are closing April 6th. New Penn is getting the work.

Albany, Allentown, Baltimore, Bedford, DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Richmond, Syracuse, Wichita and Wilkes-Barre.

i'm not an expert on this,but if they just close holland terminals in the n east and keep holland open else where,no ,there would be no end or dove tailing. because company not totaly closeing or are they being merged, as with roadway and yellow. i would say that if you are hired at npme , this would not be a problem for you no matter how far down the list you might be.there should be first new hireing rights , and i'm sure there will be when npme needs to hire. if i am wrong on any of this , any true experts please set me straight.
I would say that is correct, but I am not an expert

You're correct Train. New Penn will probably hire and the new hires will go to the bottom of the NP board. Its great for New Penn employee's but it stinks for the Holland employee's.