New Penn | Holland closing 11 terminals in north east ?

The only way they could dove tail in is if the companies were merging together unless the company were to work something out like statring at 90% and keeping vacations but at the bottom of the list.

What really sucks is they will have to go through the wage progression again!!! That really sucks!!! I really feel bad for all these people... best of luck to all involved in this mess.

What really sucks is they will have to go through the wage progression again!!! That really sucks!!! I really feel bad for all these people... best of luck to all involved in this mess.

It truly stinks but it will only be a one year progression since we're all in one big happy YRC family now. :Flame-On:

You're correct Train. New Penn will probably hire and the new hires will go to the bottom of the NP board. Its great for New Penn employee's but it stinks for the Holland employee's.

your right Benny.npme will probably hire some of them after our laid off guys are called back. but i also remember there were some guys who left new penn to go to work for holland, just to get at the top of the board, instead of being behind guys they were ahead of when red star closed. kind of an ego thing.

ok let me clear things up .When Redstar closed the southern division Holland wouldnt even take an app from the affected redstar guys.The best they can hope for is prefered hiring status from Newpenn and other yrc companies.As for the warn act only terminals with 60 or more guys are elligable that would be phila only.Been there done that!

ok let me clear things up .When Redstar closed the southern division Holland wouldnt even take an app from the affected redstar guys.The best they can hope for is prefered hiring status from Newpenn and other yrc companies.As for the warn act only terminals with 60 or more guys are elligable that would be phila only.Been there done that!

Warn act is for 50 or more employees including management been there done that too:popcorn:

sorry crazy its been almost five years since that occurred was trying to remember 50 or 60 but still only phila meets that number.

11 Northeast Holland terminals are closing April 6th. New Penn is getting the work.

Albany, Allentown, Baltimore, Bedford, DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Richmond, Syracuse, Wichita and Wilkes-Barre.

hey benny, why richmond? newpenn has no terminal there. who will get that work?

No "tails" at all as previously stated... Sorry for anyone to lose their job. But heads up and be first inline with apps at newpenn.
Some layoffs will be called back...Any holland freight newpenn gets that is to be delivered in midwest will be interlined with holland and same for freight coming to the NE, it will be picked up by holland and delivered thru newpenn.
Newpenn will honor holland pricing for 90 days for freight that we p/u and deliver. It's good for customers so they have time to shop around, but its good for newpenn to show if they can service the freight and possibly keep those accounts.
Go to the newpenn site...whole list of jobs posted. Road and city/dock...After you fill out application you should call the TM at the site you want and make phone contact. Get your name in his head...just my thoughts

hey nightowl,shouldn't you be sleeping?there going to need you to cover all this extra work comeing our way!!! how's your eye doing? going through so much anheuser-bush this week, think i'm going to have to find some part-time work before the weeks out.but hey, see you next week .

Sadly I think you are right.
There is language in the contract for preferential hiring from "commonly owned" companies. But I don't think there is any teeth in it. And there is a provision for an accelerated pay scale. Wait, come to think of it, that is central states I don't know about the norhteast.
We had a meeting this afternoon with the tm about the closings at holland and he did say there would be preferential hiring for all holland employees after all newpenn employees are brought back off layoff. All the hiring is being done online so go to newpenns website. I hope we can take on a good number of holland guys.

I am also a driver at new penn in cinnaminson, i agree with new penn 107 i think you guys should fill the application out on line and then call our tm to get your name in his head just to be safe!!! As an employee towards the bottom of the list i know how it feels not knowing if there is work available any month of the year but we have to stick it out and hope it gets better good luck guys!!!!!!!

they may not be shutting down till the 6th but called to go in today when i have only been working saturdays was told to run some of their holland freight to deliver

Benny you are correct in your guess, according to the 8-K link that KK put up, Richmond & Kansas looks to be going to YRC, and the rest to New Penn. Good Luck to all, I hope that New Penn & YRC can take as many, as apply for jobs.

I work for Yrc in the northeast and we are shuttling empty sets to the rail yard to be sent on to Chicago. I heard they want 300 empty pups to be distributed to 3 different terminals. Why are they so short on equipment? Weird!