New Penn | Holland closing 11 terminals in north east ?

Owlpuss I feel your pain man. The IBT should immediately put in place language preventing a sister company in YRC taking over service areas without consequences. All men under the YRC umbrella should be able to follow their freight. Maybe this would give YRC the incentive to sell subsidiaries instead of closing them up. This trend has to stop. Maybe this should be on the YRC board, but Owlpuss got my attention. Benny if you won't to move it, go ahead. Just my feelings GRIZZ
grizz the problem is they run new penn and holland as two different companys if they were merged they could do this.I wish yrc would sell us newpenn and holland but i dont see it happening.

I understand what their policy is. I would like to see our International step in before its Holland, Reddyaway and New Penn being taken over due to overlap or whatever the excuse of the day is. Grizz

I understand what their policy is. I would like to see our International step in before its Holland, Reddyaway and New Penn being taken over due to overlap or whatever the excuse of the day is. Grizz
Grizz i agree with you never liked being run by yrc with all the games they are playing . I feel the international should have done sometime along time ago when yrc bought all these companys , they did nothing but say this was good a thing a way grow the membership put us all together and we will be stronger.From day one i always said it was a way to break the union .Time will tell and i hope im wrong.

What I'm saying is, take one off your EOL terminals, just say (just an example) Burlington VT. Yrc decides this is kind-of out there and we have a terminal there, Lets shut that one down, it will make NP more efficient. Sort-of like they did our southern terminals. If they won't to take these measures, fine, as long as I'm getting paid who cares who signs my check.

while it does suck anybody loseing more jobs at this time of this crap econmey, that we all had nothing to do with as far as bringing it down. this move brings holland closer to what they were doing back when they were know for there over night expertise. that wasn't happening in there north east ops.whether you beleive holland was loseing 2mil. a week mostly in the northeast figure or not,this move should put holland in a better postion to start makeing money again as a company. but i got to ask why so many holland guys didn't show up for work last friday? npme got more freight, unknowingly that what was supposed to happen.i would have been up and put app.in at npme but still worked till the close the doors. whole company didnt shut down,your getting serverance and vaction pay.as sister companys,don't you think that the know shows will be know when npme needs to hire?

Allnight if in fact we are losing 2 mill a week in the NE that would be good news to Hollands remaining terminals. Since in 2008 Hmes lost 55 mill, why didn't they pull the plug earlier? That to me is hard to believe 9 terminals could lose that much money. GRIZZ

the way i read it, was mainly in the northeast,ok but included whole company. that what the letter from holland guy said to union people about the closeings.really,though they did try to pull plug earlier,but thats where you here about the aggreement for keeping them open for at least 5yrs. at these terminals.yrc wanted to close them not long after they bought usf,in the begining, but was stopped for some reason.

That might explain why there were 4 USF tractors at the Yellow Buffalo terminal over the weekend. Sure is sad to see but I wonder where exactly they will all be dovetailing into??? YRC only or follow the work?? What a strange and scary time to be a steering wheel holder.

Comfy: a make believe road man steering wheel holder now, but a former city peddle man looking for road directions to any terminal located south of the Thruway/Pike. Wonder on Nashua!!!:nutkick:

New Penn is getting the work cause were the best in the business. Always have and always will be thats all there is to it!!!

Until YRC decides otherwise.They own you as they do Holland.It might not make sense to change things but that never stopped YRC.Good luck.

New Penn is getting the work cause were the best in the business. Always have and always will be thats all there is to it!!!

I guess we heard that. Enjoy the top will you can, big brother is right around the corner. Truthfully, I hope NP stays strong, it benefits us all.

Until YRC decides otherwise.They own you as they do Holland.It might not make sense to change things but that never stopped YRC.Good luck.
Exactly.
How many times did we tell ourselves "well it just wouldn't make sense to mess with something that works so well"
Now look at the spot we are in.

YRC approached the union awhile back about closing the affected terminals and the union told them they would still be liable for the pension contributions of all the affected members. At that time, YRC decided to put things on hold. I'm waiting to see what the union and YRC negotiate. They meet in Philadelphia on March 25 and from what I have read it looks like the costs of the shutdown (of the affected terminals) will be around 8-10 million. The costs probably include any time owed (as in vacations, sick days, etc.)and pension liabilities owed the members.

YRC approached the union awhile back about closing the affected terminals and the union told them they would still be liable for the pension contributions of all the affected members. At that time, YRC decided to put things on hold. I'm waiting to see what the union and YRC negotiate. They meet in Philadelphia on March 25 and from what I have read it looks like the costs of the shutdown (of the affected terminals) will be around 8-10 million. The costs probably include any time owed (as in vacations, sick days, etc.)and pension liabilities owed the members.

Looks like they have budgeted that amount and factored it into the closings according to this report.
YRC to close 11 service centers under Holland brand - Kansas City Star

We are looking at the delayed plan of a merger between holland and npme,with there respective original footprints, YRC REGIONAL, long speculated by us all.

We are looking at the delayed plan of a merger between holland and npme,with there respective original footprints, YRC REGIONAL, long speculated by us all.

Possible, but I don't think so. I have voiced my opinion before that we will continue to operate in the original areas that each carrier served well.
A combined merger, with one name isn't out of the picture, but it's already under the corporate umbrella as YRC Regional, so why mess with brand loyalty and trust. Here on the east coast most of us never heard of Holland until a few years ago, and I would assume that most in the mid-west never heard of New Penn.
Let's hope they stick to the original business plan that worked well for decades for each respective carrier.

Possible, but I don't think so. I have voiced my opinion before that we will continue to operate in the original areas that each carrier served well.
A combined merger, with one name isn't out of the picture, but it's already under the corporate umbrella as YRC Regional, so why mess with brand loyalty and trust. Here on the east coast most of us never heard of Holland until a few years ago, and I would assume that most in the mid-west never heard of New Penn.
Let's hope they stick to the original business plan that worked well for decades for each respective carrier.

Roadway's plan worked good for them for many years and look where it got them.I worked for Yellow from 73 to 90 and have never been impressed since George Powell Sr. left. Jumped to Holland and loved the way employees and customers were treated. Maybe I didn't jump far enough,LOL
Yrc cares about nothing but long haul,high volume, high dollar frt and if it means giving up all else so be it.I hope like hell I'm wrong and we survive(29 months to go to reach 62),but I'm not holding my breath.