Holland | Holland Dock/Drivers Must Read!!

I agree with the first part of your post, but I have to disagree with this portion.
The pay cut, pension cut, and vacation cut, IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR. That's why I left. I had three main reasons for going to Holland to begin with. Pay......pension......and insurance. And they destroyed two out of the three. So I left.
:sadwavey:
That was your choice to hit the door. But for guys who left to come on here and just talk down on their fellow Union brother for staying is one of the down falls of this teamsters union now.

I have talked :::shit::: about everybody my whole life, I've laid on the ground and bled, I spit so many teeth out in my life that I lost count. I would probably tear my rotator cuff in half if I tried to punch some piece of :::shit::: like pimpbrown in the mouth but it would be worth it! I am sick of a bunch of ******* that won't speak up when they are bent over a table and ****ed in the ass dry. But the thing that really bothers me the most is when a union is so :censored: weak that it won't stand up for the men, or maybe they just don't give a :::shit:::. I know I have seen plenty of stewards that are so :censored: lazy it just makes me sick. So let's see I have called so many on hear and in the business Ass Holes, Pusssies, Lazy, Weak, I guess I missed Cocksuckers and Mother****ers! Now what were you saying? I really shouldn't call people names....:censored: That! As far as you guys that jumped ship if you are still Teamsters than you have the same leadership as me so don't tell me how great you got it. I hate to burst your balloon but if a company pays twenty five percent or one hundred percent into a pension when there is no money left you will get the same amount of zero as the ones that paid in less. There was a day when the company hired the guy who gets paid sub standard wages like the fella that started this thread all the guys would have been walking out to the curb. But no, we have no leadership and most of the guys are a bunch of ******* that won't stand up for anything. There is only one time in the last number of years I was proud to be a Teamster, well actually two, but the one I am referring to is when I heard the straight trucks pulled in to Louisville and the men walked to the curb....bravo to them and I hope you all know who is the leader of that group in Louisville. I don't know if he could do anything for Teamsters on a national level but I sure would like to find out. Just in case pimpbrown missed it earlier....:censored: You go back and stick your brown ass bitch punk nose up your Buster Brown brothers Ass's! I am so sick of these cocksuckers sticking their nose in others peoples business! Good Day
I almost forgot....no one charges over a hundred a week for insurance....you sir are full of :::shit::: because I remember listening to my wife bitch about it for almost three years with every paycheck I received.
:ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: Can I loan you a couple of lusinopril?

I worked at Holland as a casual dock worker and made a lousy 11.90 an hour and left after a year for another part time job at Dayton Freight that started at 17.50 and afteronly a year I've received two raises. I see a lot of skill in the veteran drivers and dock workers at Holland and always wonder, why do you guys put up with the trash and bad wages? You could have it way better at almost any other LTL company. As a part time dockworker in a NON UNION company I'm making more than what Holland starts out their CDL A city p/d drivers. It's rather unfortunate.
You don't come and tell your opinion to a 15 year plus union worker just like that...
LET ME TELL YOU...Young boy...
Why would I quit if ?
I make $ 21.5 p/hr. with O.T. after 8
A month and a half or two months worth of days off
Steady schedule M-F
Medical coverage, above industry standards
No production language
$ 3000.00 anually towards 401K (west coast)
And...What trash?
Did you look in your house first?

:chairshot: :ranting2:

Last edited:
I almost forgot....no one charges over a hundred a week for insurance....you sir are full of :::shit::: because I remember listening to my wife bitch about it for almost three years with every paycheck I received.
Once you have cooled off, go back and re-read my post. I did not say "no one pays over $100.00 per week", I said " very few", go back and check for yourself.
Side note: I feel and sense your frustration, but there is nothing gained by getting yourself banned over it.
I recommend quickly going back and editing your post if you still have time. Take a deep breath.

That was your choice to hit the door.
Sure was. I'm not the type to complain, and do nothing to make change.
But for guys who left to come on here and just talk down on their fellow Union brother for staying is one of the down falls of this teamsters union now.
Can't argue that. Pouring salt in the wound is not showing much "brotherhood" in my opinion.

So on a larger level, how does a situation like this get fixed? How do you veterans get your wages back, etc. Is it up to the Teamsters union, or is Holland so far gone that nothing will ever be how it once was.

So on a larger level, how does a situation like this get fixed? How do you veterans get your wages back, etc. Is it up to the Teamsters union, or is Holland so far gone that nothing will ever be how it once was.
As long as they can find guys to hire on, which they always come up with a warm body, nothing will change When they can not get anyone to come to work here that there will be improvements. When guys work till there in there late sixties or even into their seventies it helps bail the company out. Also guys that cheat on their logbooks and use the thirty four hour reset cut everybody's throat. Log that time they have you sit around waiting and it will put more pressure on the company, cheat on your logs to increase your paycheck and you are just helping the company keep our wages down.

Market forces and time...
Union does not mean a guarantee on higher wages and benefits.
Just like you did as your position on the market, you moved, in the future maybe the company is forced to raise wages to retain workers like you or attract new ones...

We PAY for Insurance ,it's just in the form of -15% weekly , so last year most driver's paid from $10-K to $14-K , for Insurance with -15% givebacks weekly !! anyway you want to think of it is fine ,but you are paying for Insurance period !! it's all a number's game and the greedy yellow pig is winning !!

As long as they can find guys to hire on, which they always come up with a warm body, nothing will change When they can not get anyone to come to work here that there will be improvements. When guys work till there in there late sixties or even into their seventies it helps bail the company out. Also guys that cheat on their logbooks and use the thirty four hour reset cut everybody's throat. Log that time they have you sit around waiting and it will put more pressure on the company, cheat on your logs to increase your paycheck and you are just helping the company keep our wages down.
Guys don't understand that.

I have talked :::shit::: about everybody my whole life, I've laid on the ground and bled, I spit so many teeth out in my life that I lost count. I would probably tear my rotator cuff in half if I tried to punch some piece of :::shit::: like pimpbrown in the mouth but it would be worth it! I am sick of a bunch of ******* that won't speak up when they are bent over a table and ****ed in the ass dry. But the thing that really bothers me the most is when a union is so :censored: weak that it won't stand up for the men, or maybe they just don't give a :::shit:::. I know I have seen plenty of stewards that are so :censored: lazy it just makes me sick. So let's see I have called so many on hear and in the business Ass Holes, Pusssies, Lazy, Weak, I guess I missed Cocksuckers and Mother****ers! Now what were you saying? I really shouldn't call people names....:censored: That! As far as you guys that jumped ship if you are still Teamsters than you have the same leadership as me so don't tell me how great you got it. I hate to burst your balloon but if a company pays twenty five percent or one hundred percent into a pension when there is no money left you will get the same amount of zero as the ones that paid in less. There was a day when the company hired the guy who gets paid sub standard wages like the fella that started this thread all the guys would have been walking out to the curb. But no, we have no leadership and most of the guys are a bunch of ******* that won't stand up for anything. There is only one time in the last number of years I was proud to be a Teamster, well actually two, but the one I am referring to is when I heard the straight trucks pulled in to Louisville and the men walked to the curb....bravo to them and I hope you all know who is the leader of that group in Louisville. I don't know if he could do anything for Teamsters on a national level but I sure would like to find out. Just in case pimpbrown missed it earlier....:censored: You go back and stick your brown ass bitch punk nose up your Buster Brown brothers Ass's! I am so sick of these cocksuckers sticking their nose in others peoples business! Good Day

LOL! Go on with your bad self! I remember having that exact same bad attitude when I worked at Holland.....which is why I left. You can say you don't even think about that 15% or pension cut all you want but its pretty obvious its eating you pretty good. Do yourself a favor and just quit and get another job.....you will be happier for sure. I'm not trying to rile you up either.....just being honest. When you got even former part timers/casuals asking why you guys bother to stay......thats pretty bad.

LOL! Go on with your bad self! I remember having that exact same bad attitude when I worked at Holland.....which is why I left. You can say you don't even think about that 15% or pension cut all you want but its pretty obvious its eating you pretty good. Do yourself a favor and just quit and get another job.....you will be happier for sure. I'm not trying to rile you up either.....just being honest. When you got even former part timers/casuals asking why you guys bother to stay......thats pretty bad.
I will pass but it is good that I have pals like you out there looking out for me....see you around buddy! Where do you run....I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee!

I just wanted to take a second to apologize for my post yesterday, especially to Pimp the Browns, it was rude and out of line and I will try not to let it happen again. If a guy has valid ideas and points he should let them stand on their own merit and there is no need for cuss words or name calling. Sorry I blew up!

I just wanted to take a second to apologize for my post yesterday, especially to Pimp the Browns, it was rude and out of line and I will try not to let it happen again. If a guy has valid ideas and points he should let them stand on their own merit and there is no need for cuss words or name calling. Sorry I blew up!
I figured maybe you need a breatholizer hooked to your computer. or that you left the computer on and your wife was mad at you. :hilarious:

See the Yellow pig ,has won they have union brother's fighting with each other on line and at work too !! YRCW WON and union Bro's lost the game !!

This type of crap is frustrating tolls, and it got to me several years ago, so you were better at tolerating it (or thought that you had less options than I had) than I was . I was living a happy life before YRCW got their hands on Holland, and once my attitude went to crap, I knew it was time to leave.
All I can say is good luck.

Exact reason I left couldn't stand the fact that guys kept voting yes and made me even angrier when I'd hear 15-20year men say well it's ok as long as I get 20hrs OT a week. I spent 18 years there never imagined I'd leave until yrcw bought us. I was very proactive in getting info out on why to vote no and all it did was get me in trouble when I'd hang or handout info on how much we were or would lose guys would run ton mgmt saying they felt threatened. I've been a teamster for 21yrs was taught by the old school guys and still talk to retirees who can't believe the things they fought for we gave away that easy. We have poor leaders running the teamsters they are no better than the corporate world. Our locals have no power but insist on backing hoffa and his failed lying sidekicks. Most stand at local meetings and tell us how we were wronged by both sides but then go and support these assholes only for their own benefit. So when your leadership is only out for themselves the members follow. Hoffa once told the locals who represents yrcw members "freight is 3% of the entire membership but 97% of his headaches"
Holland still has alot of great guys most who are still my friends and I do hope for a turn around but honestly don't see it happening when 60% of the guys still think things are good there. Truth is unless your stashing that 15-20 hrs OT into a secondary retirement you'll be working into your 70s and I think we can all agree majority are not stashing away.
5 tolls that some the 2nd time you threatened to slap the ::shit:: outta me and it always humors me when guys threaten on a thread or a CB but like hollandman said maybe it's time to look to work elsewhere you have alot of the same anger I had before I left.

Exact reason I left couldn't stand the fact that guys kept voting yes and made me even angrier when I'd hear 15-20year men say well it's ok as long as I get 20hrs OT a week. I spent 18 years there never imagined I'd leave until yrcw bought us. I was very proactive in getting info out on why to vote no and all it did was get me in trouble when I'd hang or handout info on how much we were or would lose guys would run ton mgmt saying they felt threatened. I've been a teamster for 21yrs was taught by the old school guys and still talk to retirees who can't believe the things they fought for we gave away that easy. We have poor leaders running the teamsters they are no better than the corporate world. Our locals have no power but insist on backing hoffa and his failed lying sidekicks. Most stand at local meetings and tell us how we were wronged by both sides but then go and support these assholes only for their own benefit. So when your leadership is only out for themselves the members follow. Hoffa once told the locals who represents yrcw members "freight is 3% of the entire membership but 97% of his headaches"
Holland still has alot of great guys most who are still my friends and I do hope for a turn around but honestly don't see it happening when 60% of the guys still think things are good there. Truth is unless your stashing that 15-20 hrs OT into a secondary retirement you'll be working into your 70s and I think we can all agree majority are not stashing away.
5 tolls that some the 2nd time you threatened to slap the :::shit::: outta me and it always humors me when guys threaten on a thread or a CB but like hollandman said maybe it's time to look to work elsewhere you have alot of the same anger I had before I left.
When you talk down on a man for stay figures he should be pissed when it's coming from another member.