Holland | Holland Dock/Drivers Must Read!!

I don't mean to sound like a {Richard} but if the union membership has been fighting......they're getting their asses kicked.
After the second "yes" vote for concessions, I had realized that the members had no fight left in them, and it was every man for themselves.
I have the utmost respect for those who have stayed for their own personal reasons, but this fight was over with a long time ago. The Union is laying on the mat, knocked out colder than :::shit:::.
Only thing I was saying out of this whole topic is for guys who left if they are true to their oath they don't beat down on the ones who stayed and want to still battle with leadership and company. What i am noticing is those other two fellas left but went to another union shop with same leadership but still talking ::shit:: bout them as well. Maybe they don't have your local in bed with UPS up there. At least they have better compensation package.

The big friggin difference here is UPS makes billions. ...YRCW was losing hundreds of millions.

Ups ain't gonna close down.
Anyone who thinks YRCW wouldn't or couldn't have closed isn't worth the time to debate.

Anyone who thinks YRCW wouldn't or couldn't have closed isn't worth the time to debate.
Sure, they could have or might have closed down, though I doubt it. But to see what we currently see makes people wonder if the employees wouldn't have been better off. The freight would have gone somewhere, so the drivers would have followed and be completely comfortable and established at a different carrier by now.
Sometime when a door slams in your face, it opens the door to an entire new (and better) world.
Just sayin'.

Sure, they could have or might have closed down, though I doubt it. But to see what we currently see makes people wonder if the employees wouldn't have been better off. The freight would have gone somewhere, so the drivers would have followed and be completely comfortable and established at a different carrier by now.
Sometime when a door slams in your face, it opens the door to an entire new (and better) world.
Just sayin'.

I 100% believe they were closing.They had already lost more than any freight line that had closed before them.Union freight lines have closed at such a rapid pace that we are almost extinct.
Millions of dollars were bet against the closure of Yrcw in the form of credit default swaps.Most all analysts and financial experts were predicting their death.
UPS rakes it in by the billions...that makes negotiations a helluva lot easier for the rank and file. On the other hand, with a fiscally unsound company, negotiations can, will and have forced companies into bankruptcy.
In addition, even with the concessions, there are only a few freight lines that I would rather work at and two of them are Union.

Oh yeah, and they couldn't find a single lender in the world to keep them afloat.
Our union told us they weren't going to get the money without concessions.
People can say what they want but, the union didn't tell us that in 1994 when we went on strike.
I can't understand how anyone thought the doors were going to stay open.

I 100% believe they were closing.
I know a pile of guys that were 100% sure that they were bluffing. Both sides are only opinion. So both are irrelevant.

Look at where the YRCW companies rank now compared to back then. Sad.to say the least. That black cloud hanging over everyone's head has really worn people down. Many with that they would have moved on.

I know a pile of guys that were 100% sure that they were bluffing. Both sides are only opinion. So both are irrelevant.

I knew a bunch too Flash,a bunch who ignored the facts. Bluffing the s.e.c. and making investors lose millions of dollars would have got them thrown in prison.Facts aren't irrelevant.

Holland will be soon forced out of business because they can't hire no help , they have not been able to replace any of the driver's retiring and quitting over the past year and 60% of work force is going to retire in the next 5 years , so no driver's no company period !!:6788:

I like to call it fuzzy math, Falcon. Every company knows the game of fuzzy math come contract time. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on the first vote, but stood my ground on the second. They knew they had us back peddling. And now pretty much everyone admits that those cuts are never coming back.

If you put down your own brothers for staying and put up a fight you would be correct guess you can't read as well be safe out there.
Why do you waste your time!!!? Everyone's circumstances are different, you know why you stay and there's no reason why you should have to defend that reason to anyone, who gives a rats ass what anyone else thinks!!