Holland | Holland Employees Entice ABF

Hunterman

TB Lurker
Credits
What if we, as Holland employees, approached ABF with this proposal:

There are (were) approximately 10,000 Holland employees...We work 1 week
free. That would equate to around 10 million dollars. We would also work for our present wage for 1 year. That would be around another 50 million.

A total of 60 million might go a long way in helping us tell YRC to kiss our @$$.

Who would go for it?

What if we, as Holland employees, approached ABF with this proposal:

There are (were) approximately 10,000 Holland employees...We work 1 week
free. That would equate to around 10,000 million dollars. We would also work for our present wage for 1 year. That would be around another 50,00 million.

A total of 60 million might go a long way in helping us tell YRC to kiss our @$$.

Who would go for it?
10,000 million dollars? Dammit driver, I hope you have an accountant!!:biglaugh:

10,000,000 does not equal 10,000 million. It equals 10 million! No worries driver, just lightening it up.

10,000 employees x $1000.00 = $10,000,000.00.
Based on $1000.00 per week minus 10% = $100.00
10,000 employees x $100.00 = $1,000,000.00

51 weeks x $1,000,000.00 = $51,000,000.00
1 week x $10,000,000.00 = $10,000,000 .00
The total should be $61 million cash plus the Yogo would be equal to around: $61,000,025.00

Heck, let's just buy it ourselves. We could buy it all for $610,000,000.00 and have it paid off in 10 years.

I 'll throw in a weeks vacation. In the long run, one granny is a drop in the bucket in comparison to what we've already lost. I think Hunterman's main intent is to stir up the masses and show YRC were feed up.

I'm in favor of us city guys giving up just $500.00 per week, and the line haul guys giving up $1,500.00 per week. I hear that they are all loaded with cash, while us city guys are huddling around a trash can fire!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Flash I'm beginning to worry about you. I've noticed a decline in moral lately. You are the one voice of positivity we can depend on. Could it be you are having winter withdrawals? Whatever it is, keep your head up, we or I appreciate your passion toward HOLLAND.

Flash I'm beginning to worry about you.
Don't worry about me bro, I'm fine. But, I am getting more frustrated because I'm not seeing the positive changes in management that I expected. I also expected to see some heads roll after the givebacks. But, the only management people that have left the company, left on their own. (with only a few exceptions) These operations need a total make over, in my opinion.
I've noticed a decline in moral lately. You are the one voice of positivity we can depend on.
I try to stay positive, but when I see failure, I expect change. And I'm not seeing it. I will double up on my happy pills for a few days.
Could it be you are having winter withdrawals?
Things are looking up. I finally lost the last snowbank in my yard this week.
Whatever it is, keep your head up, we or I appreciate your passion toward HOLLAND.
Thanks, we all need to keep our head up. We still work for a great company. But, most of us understand that we could be, and should be, doing much better than we are.

I'll even come run the company for you guys, how much could I get paid. I would take millions less than that slime ball Billy does and let the drivers/management come up with the formula to get Holland back where it WAS before!

All in ALL, an employee takeover is an excellent idea and it could work very easy also.

we came up with the same idea at cf but i think yrc will see holland ran in to the ground before they will let a bunch of teamsters take it over and make a profit with it. the right people at the top can turn it around and i'd bet on it to. i just don't thing they will let it happen. they didn't with us anyway.

Sorry but the Yugo would be a negative to the deal....they would have to hire someone to push it around, so it would be a loss.....Maybe Billy Z could give some info on how to write the Yugo off and maybe we can keep it in the deal after all.:smilie_132: