New Penn | Holland frt

jimmyjoe (jj)

TB Lurker
Credits
I thought that Holland was now giving all frt not delv. by Holland in the NorthEast to NPME?

I know looking at the bills we are still giving frt to Land Air Express going into New England and another company around the Baltimore area, What's up with this?

JimJoe (jj) said:
I thought that Holland was now giving all frt not delv. by Holland in the NorthEast to NPME?

I know looking at the bills we are still giving frt to Land Air Express going into New England and another company around the Baltimore area, What's up with this?

that's interesting. i have witnessed a lower amount of Holland bills on my route. up here in Maspeth we still get about 4 or 5 53's a night from Holland. i'll take a look around now.

JimJoe (jj) said:

Just a thought,but just maybe it's points that are not serviced direct by NPME,and their trying to cut down service times:razz: ....CRAZY

crazy said:
Just a thought,but just maybe it's points that are not serviced direct by NPME,and their trying to cut down service times:razz: ....CRAZY

Are you saying you do not delv. N.H. or Mass. direct? Or around the MD area? And yes I seen it on the bills this week on my way to Baltimore out of Richmond. Our bills show the Delv. carrier name.

JimJoe (jj) said:
Are you saying you do not delv. N.H. or Mass. direct? Or around the MD area? And yes I seen it on the bills this week on my way to Baltimore out of Richmond. Our bills show the Delv. carrier name.
Lets try this again.An example We get freight from Holland and although it is in our service area we do not service it direct so we hand it off to another carrier,yet another delay in service time There are a lot of remote areas up here and it doesn't pay to deliver if you have only one or two bills for that particular area ....CRAZY

This is not my first rodeo in trucking. You do not have to explain the ABC's in this industry. I was born in Mass around the N.H. border. I know there is a lot of remote area's way up in N.H. But this shipment I am talking about going to the Nashau area not remote in my mind. Also Phil frt is this remote to!! Along with Baltimore area?

Excuse me for trying to explain something to you ,I didn't think you were a rookie,you asked a question I gave you an answer.I am sorry if you took it the wrong way,just tried to explain it to you As far as the Nashua freight goes maybe it was customer routed freight collect.If you go on the USF website that is an option they give you :14: Now go have a beer and I will have beer and all is well :14: ...CRAZY

As a road driver, I would have to say perhaps the billing system may not have caught up with the changes on a particular customer or shipper. I have not seen any relays or loads going off to Land Air in the New England area.
The only interline carrier that is used in the Phila. area is a small outfit at the jersey shore, and that's the only freight they get, jersey shore freight.
I am sure this is just a billing error and would be corrected at the destination terminal.

Wanted to add that Boston interlines with a carrier called Ross Express. I believe they service parts of northern New Hampshire.
I doubt they use Land Air anymore, besides if they use Ross in N.H. why use another carrier ?
We use another carrier in northern Maine, Tracey's, they also interline for ABF as I see them pulling their pups up and down the Maine turnpike.

CASHCOW said:
We only del. bestway reddaway,no holland i think there are issues to be worked out with union and holland .

Thats not true CASHCOW. New Penn IS delivering Holland freight. I know this for a fact

CASHCOW said:
Thats what i have been told.

CashCow, I'm just telling you what I am sure of.

Take a drive by your closest New Penn terminal some day and look at the Holland trailers sitting there.

CFer said:
CashCow, I'm just telling you what I am sure of.

Take a drive by your closest New Penn terminal some day and look at the Holland trailers sitting there.
CFer is correct .... we deliver Holland freight into greater New England all the time.

I'll add my two cents to this thread.

Most of the regular posters know me as I currently work for UPS Freight the last 20 years.
I'm going into my 44th year as a P & D driver in my area of the country.
Over all those years in my driving career in the LTL industry I've seen many changes.
With all that said.
Its nice to see Yellow using their regional trucking companies in a shared working relationship,rather than merging them into one.
A merger always means lost jobs.
The way they are able to work all of their companies together is far better than making them just one in Yellow Freight.

I don't know , but. sounds like they don't want to give it np so np can give to someone else. that would be 3rd party most don't like that. And u are getting all upset over a small part of pie. What about the frieght u send to the midwest and don't give to holland but a non union carrier who's that helping?

robinhood said:
I don't know , but. sounds like they don't want to give it np so np can give to someone else. that would be 3rd party most don't like that. And u are getting all upset over a small part of pie. What about the freight u send to the midwest and don't give to holland but a non union carrier who's that helping?
Guess your not familiar with the operating plan of the Yellow regional companies.
Freight sent to the mid-west could be interlined with any number of companies as per old contracts that New Penn had before the acquisition of the USF regionals. Other freight could be serviced be USF Reddaway, USF Bestway, USF Glen Moore.
In todays trucking business world, tell me how many companies don't interline with another carrier at some place or destination they don't service ?

Robinhood- New Penn interlines in the midwest with Alvan, a Union carrier. I still see some foreign trailers in Wilkes Barre of rather dubious origins. That was stopped in Allentown awhile ago.Could they be diverting Metro freight from your term and if so, get word to me please?