Holland | Holland New Penn

usftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
When's this alleged Holland New Penn merger going down and what kind of change of operations does this mean for NP? A lot of us on the west coast are looking to see what yrc is doing to the 1 and 2 day freight companies that they are acquiring.

Where or what source did you hear this from??? If possible please post a link, or was it a line haul rumor ?

are you brain dead? you are supposed to be a 1-2 day freight company. as was all usf units and npme. npme and reddaway were interlineing with glenn more cross countrying the freight, and were cutting a day or two from the time from what any other ltl's could do. reddaway, had a good reputation on west coast, and made money, which is why they combined bestway under the reddaway name. am not busting on holland i know they used to show good o/r couple years back, but if yrc combines holland with npme and calls it holland i'll garentee you yrc regional will never make a profit.

All I wanna know out of that is, if reddaway has such a good image, why did they put the bestway ceo in at reddaway? It looks like he'll run us into the ground too.

When's this alleged Holland New Penn merger going down and what kind of change of operations does this mean for NP? A lot of us on the west coast are looking to see what yrc is doing to the 1 and 2 day freight companies that they are acquiring.

I don't think you'll ever see it happen usftrucker. New Penn is second to none in the Northeast. Yellow would be stupid to let that brand go away.

no merger brother ! we're basically doing Red Star's old work.

Ive always herd NewPenn was a premium name , and was making money in the northeast when nobody else was like APA and G.O.D lines there gone and NewPenn is still going strong YRC would be stupid to change it.

your last line pretty much states it,not just picking on YRC but all corps.They do stupid things and wonder what happened later.

Ive always herd NewPenn was a premium name , and was making money in the northeast when nobody else was like APA and G.O.D lines there gone and NewPenn is still going strong YRC would be stupid to change it.

any truth to the rumor that part of the reason G.O.D. went out was because the owner's wife was given control of the co. after a divorce and just decided to shut it down ? the other rumor i heard was that they, management, were robbing from their huge accounts such as Konica-Minolta ? both of these stories came from a former driver i met.

that is a good question usftrucker. and i think grumpy has the right answer on that subject.yrc has been slowly but surely sticking there people in top jobs in all the regionals. npme pres. is still npme guy, but just read were the guy who was cfo of npme and glenn moore, was moved up to pres. of glenn moore. so while we still had our pres. they had stuck in a cfo from yrc people, just read this yesterday, yet had not heard about this cfo before. i think yrc people have been infultraited into alot of postitions at all the regionals, just to keep the top dogs informed.

It has been our long standing theory that they (yrc) is placing their management(YES MEN) where they want them, to get things done the way they want. As far as these mergers go, I don't see sense in a NP/HMES merger, they already own both companies. I don't think anyone can argue the fact that yellow or roadway were headed down the CF road before that merge. A corp. is just like the living bodies that run them, they will do what ever it takes to preserve their life, and make it to the next day.

i dont see any merger in newpenn and holland they are the best in there lanes and we are the best in ours if holland goes farther east and they will not compete holland wants midwest southern newpenn eastcoast holland is after conway not newpenn

I think they will do a lot more interline stuff but keep the brands stand alone.Easier to sell that way,no union problems. I also don't think Holland will close any overlap terms like albany or syracuse,if they can stand alone financially.

It has been our long standing theory that they (yrc) is placing their management(YES MEN) where they want them, to get things done the way they want. As far as these mergers go, I don't see sense in a NP/HMES merger, they already own both companies. I don't think anyone can argue the fact that yellow or roadway were headed down the CF road before that merge. A corp. is just like the living bodies that run them, they will do what ever it takes to preserve their life, and make it to the next day.

I really don't see Roadway and Yellow in the same situation as CF,It took years to what I believe was the intentional killing -of a great company.