Holland | holland payroll gangsters and thieves

howlinwolf

TB Lurker
Credits
just looked at electronic pay stub for bonus check and was shorted $98.00. I had saved $9800.00 to my 401 K account in 2015. This showed up in my gross income for the year but was deducted in my taxable income, as tax on that money is not paid until withdrawn. So they paid me on that and not my gross income. Anyone who has a teamster 401K deduction needs to check your stub. I took the option of directing this money to my 401K, maybe they thought I wouldn't notice.

just looked at electronic pay stub for bonus check and was shorted $98.00. I had saved $9800.00 to my 401 K account in 2015. This showed up in my gross income for the year but was deducted in my taxable income, as tax on that money is not paid until withdrawn. So they paid me on that and not my gross income. Anyone who has a teamster 401K deduction needs to check your stub. I took the option of directing this money to my 401K, maybe they thought I wouldn't notice.
The same thing happened to a New Penn driver I heard from this morning. He's already inquired and was told there was an error made in their payroll department and it would be corrected on his next check. All affected are supposed to be notified today.

Thanks, just checked mine same thing, smaller amount but same problem. Did they make it sound like the rest of us do not have to call that it would be fixed?

WOW, Just got off the phone with Nate in payroll and he said that we would NOT be reimbursed for the amount. He said the bonus was based on your wages after deductions such as 401K and that by putting money in your 401K you actually reduced the amount of your check. I did mention what I thought of it and told him I would talk to my Steward.....what a joke! They wonder why morale is low around here! They finally have something that might make you feel a little better about your job and they manage to turn it into a negative be screwing you out of a couple bucks....maybe there is no hope. I can't wait for 2019 I will be leading the no votes and be the first one at the curb! Close the doors you rotten crooks!

Sounds like you're talking to the wrong end of the horse, what about safety awards that are being counted as compensation? Does that increase your bonus?

I have never heard of getting paid for a safety bonus? Are you talking about the cost of a jacket or a cake? Or maybe the cost to put the sticker on the drivers door?

I did talk to BA and he said he would look into it.

In case someone reads this that do not understand what I am ranting about, lets say two guys make fifty grand last year. Driver one does not have a Teamster 401K and gets a 500 dollar check. Driver 2 puts ten percent into a Teamster 401K, so his check is based on 45000 and he only gets 450 dollars even though he made the exact same amount last year as driver 1. That can not be legal or meet the wording of the MOU.

I guess when my BA calls back I will know.

secretary at local terminal has sent e mail to payroll,have not heard back from bussiness agent. I am supposed to have a response in my file when I return to work tonight. Check is supposed to be 1% of wages made the past year. How we spend money we earn does not change how much we earned last year. Have got to wonder how these people sleep at night.

Just heard back from BA, he said they had to bitch slap a few people but everything is fixed and we will be getting the difference paid to us. I doubt there will be an apology letter with the payment, but there should be or at least a small tube of lube for next time they try and bend us over. Cheap ass sums of beaches!!!!

Just looking at mine it was short and put all in 401k it was still taxed two mistakes as far as I'm concerned

Thanks to the5tolls for the updated payment info.I wish I had read that before I went to work last night. After reading the MOU I knew they were not going to get away with this, curious about the tax issue myself.

also thank your business agent for me. I am still waiting for mine to return my call......... The local slate lost the election to be
delegates to the teamster national convention in las vegas. PROUD to be sending delegates opposing Hoffa,now if we can get these deadbeats out of the hall in the fall elections I could have a BA that actually works.

Got a supplement check today I'm OK with total but it was put into 401 they taxed it. I thought it was pre-tax amout to be deposited am I wrong or did they tax 401 money?

Got a supplement check today I'm OK with total but it was put into 401 they taxed it. I thought it was pre-tax amout to be deposited am I wrong or did they tax 401 money?
What taxes were taken out? If I recall correctly the 401K contributions are only exempt from federal taxes and state and local taxes must be paid on it.

I am thinking you have to pay state and local taxes, social security and medicare and then you have to pay federal tax on the money you used to pay all that stuff because that money did not go into 401 k

I am thinking you have to pay state and local taxes, social security and medicare and then you have to pay federal tax on the money you used to pay all that stuff because that money did not go into 401 k
They did the same thing with the 750 dollar one last year, they take like 75.00 out for something, I thought it was FICA but I am not sure. It doesn't seem right, if you put pre taxed wages into 401K you would think that 100 percent would go in. I'm tired of bitching, start saving your money for April 2019. I've been through this before and if one of my brothers tells me after two weeks without a paycheck that he is going to lose his pick up truck because he can't afford the payment I am going to stick my foot so far up his ass that your will see my toes when he opens his mouth! Put a couple bucks a week away and in three years we can get through anything!

They did the same thing with the 750 dollar one last year, they take like 75.00 out for something, I thought it was FICA but I am not sure. It doesn't seem right, if you put pre taxed wages into 401K you would think that 100 percent would go in. I'm tired of bitching, start saving your money for April 2019. I've been through this before and if one of my brothers tells me after two weeks without a paycheck that he is going to lose his pick up truck because he can't afford the payment I am going to stick my foot so far up his ass that your will see my toes when he opens his mouth! Put a couple bucks a week away and in three years we can get through anything!
401K is pre federal tax, our state and local gubments aren't willing to part with their share. Could be because we may well live in another state when we pull it out and pay taxes on it. And if you're planning on a strike you'd better put more than a couple hundred dollars a year away in anticipation of it.

Aren't bonuses taxed differently than "normal" wages?
I don't know, I have heard that but I hear a lot of things from people who don't have a clue. My 1040 has a line for gross income, I don't recall seeing a line to put bonuses on. I like the claim that I hear all the time that, "I don't want to work too much OT because I'll pay too much in taxes". :duh: There isn't a separate line for OT, there is just one line for gross income.