New Penn | holland road bids

deejay

TB Lurker
Credits
I am hearing holland has some road bids into 03 from cinncinati and indianapolis. Did the teamsters have to agree to this? Why isn't the loads run into 16 and let our guys turn camp hill? If anyone has any experience filing a grievance on overlapping road work like they are doing please respond here. I am the steward in pittsburgh and will be looking into this.

thanks,
d.j.

I suppose your trucks can run during the day.:clap:

16 doesn't have the manpower to move that many loads to 03. I have been told by a Holland driver from Ohio that between Cincy and Cleveland a combined 20 loads a day will move into 03. That doesn't account for other locations moving freight to 03 or other terminals in the system.

03 should go for breakbulk language and get 50% of all that work !!

Let's start by getting the work first ! Since we don't run into Ohio, and Holland has covered this area, I believe that would be hard sell. Right now, it's still Hollands work, let them run it so we can deliver it in our area. The mutual cooperation between the two carriers can benefit us both.

16 CAN handle it. We have alot of guys sitting at home right now. I would never agree to let hollands guys run past us, and the camp hill guys should be fighting for the same thing.

d.j.

Suddenly i'm getting the feeling it isn't going to be a warm welcome in Camp Hill ! I understand what you guys are saying but don't shoot the freight hauler! We at Holland want all of us to survive too.:smilie_132:

the powers that be will make the decision as to where it goes....If 16 has a problem I'm sure they will speak up and get someones attention and that will get worked out as well....

shoe,
just like everybody else camp hill has been suffering too...let me be the first to WELCOME
you to camp hill...besides we are not allowed to carry firearms at work....so when you get close...run like hell for the fence......LOL

shoeman,trust me , while i won't be there blowing you kiss', you won't have any problems comeing into camphill. depending on what time you might arrive, in daylite,any you encounter in the yard probabley be happy to be back working.at night,you'll just be another truck comeing into the yard.i'm assumeing you speak english, so you should have no problem. any of you that know you'll be comeing to camphill in the near future,you have any questions, how to get there, where to go,etc. you can pm me or ask here and if i don't know will try to find out what ever i can.

i dont know where they will put you to bed at, but in camp hill,we have always used for us or directed others to the hampton inn, not the fancey one, a local one here, but resturant out front has good food but best of all it is branch of local micro-brewery. they have many brews to choose from.they even have one that keeps this brain dead bud drinker more than happy.

i dont know where they will put you to bed at, but in camp hill,we have always used for us or directed others to the hampton inn, not the fancey one, a local one here, but resturant out front has good food but best of all it is branch of local micro-brewery. they have many brews to choose from.they even have one that keeps this brain dead bud drinker more than happy.
You're speaking my language now! But can they handle 70 plus a day?

I have a question if it is Hollands freight to start with... then why can't Holland deliver it to the destination terminal??? Isn't it better to be on a union truck than the shiny wheels?? I was told that NP had a road run out of Buffalo that went to the west. It was their freight that was on the trailer going to the interlines...(Holland ,Alvin, Reddawy, or who ever). If that is the case then NP should of dropped their trailer at Erie and Holland could of taken the rest of the way. Just questions, so don't everyone get in a uproar, most of us are laid off with no hope of going back.

stimpy, yea we run west of buffalo, over to 79 and down to pittsburg, thats as far west as any road runs go.thats our freight in our lanes in our north east foot print, ok

how are you coming up with this number...?
Just doing some math in my little brain. I could be off by a few! You might be surprised though! Just going by what I have heard of different terminals heading your way! I guess we will both find out for sure next week!:smilie_132:

stimpy,from what is going around holland is delivering freight in there trucks to several npme terminals direct. or shall i say is going to be. also, i don't think you'll ever see a npme truck outside of our north east area no matter what anybody trys to tell you. it has alot to do with why we our still the only ne, regional UNION carrier still in business. i know,tell me how nemf is union, if thats what you want to call them.mark my words,npme isn't going out of our area to fetch any of this holland freight. today, or a year from now.

Here at Holland in Memphis,Tn we had the same problem with Bestway out of Houston and Dallas coming in to our barn.Even after Holland took over Little Rock,Ar they ran past them on into Memphis any way.I am sure this is all agreed upon all ready with the union and the company,this is not their first time doing this.I know we tried to stop it here!If the company wants y'all to go west you will,but if not your not going too,that's what we were told.But if it is done right it could benefit us all at both companies.

Who do/did you guys interline with for all this midwest freight that Holland will supposedly be bringing back home. Heard you guys make 75 loads a day to the midwest/west.