Holland | Holland To Abolish UE Drivers

But talking about another drivers taking a break, or nap or how he does his or her job just doesn't sound like one Union person talking to another.

If you are trying to say this doesn't happen you must not talk to any other drivers at all. I seem to hear it about once a week. It's not my business what other drivers do, but let's not lie to ourselves. It does happen, some men know that if they go ito a lit barn they will be on the clock longer, mostly due to managements inability to get drivers in and out quickly.

I think they basically got what they wanted all along..The Road Board converted to UE in one fell swoop. Nothing in that memo of understanding stops them from adding Velocity sort centers. Road drivers will be the only ones doing any kind of drop and hooks, including hooking your own tractor when you report to work. We will be working next to you in every sort center. The just basically eliminated 70 or 80% of their overlapping, and took a chunk out of city overtime because they will be able to "go dark sooner". All by pissing us off for a while and then coming back with a carrot and we did what they wanted.

Do you really think management is smart enough to plot that far ahead??? Oh, by the way.......are those black helicopters hovering over your house???:hide:

Are you implying the IBT can do whatever it wants, regardless of the contract we voted on? (I would like a link to the IBT Constitution, if you could provide one.) Anyway, that may be the straw that breaks the camels back. People are already fed up about being misled, lied to, pushed around (local 705), things that were proposed in writing that never made it in the contract, and now this? You may just have a revolt on your hands, if they (IBT) disregard the contract, and lets the company do (once again) what it wants. The contract is DONE, we've been screwed ENOUGH already. There have been rumblings of Labor Board action, and even de-certification from the Teamsters. Unfortunately, I'm not joking. For the record, I would NEVER want to de-certify, but others feel so taken taken advantage of and misrepresented, that they see this as a viable option.

I'm not sure what he is refering to, but if you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you the Teamster Constitution. I have it in MS Word format.

If you are trying to say this doesn't happen you must not talk to any other drivers at all. I seem to hear it about once a week. It's not my business what other drivers do, but let's not lie to ourselves. It does happen, some men know that if they go ito a lit barn they will be on the clock longer, mostly due to managements inability to get drivers in and out quickly.

Well , What I said was I can only do my job, and I don't concern myself with other employees work habits, or when they take breaks as it is not my job to do so. If someone is doing something that is non contractual , that is between the union and management to take care of that situation. As far as you hearing about it once a week, I'm wondering just who in MANAGEMENT you are talking to? Do you let other drivers tell you when and where to take your breaks or naps? I don't and I certainly wouldn't try to tell someone else how to do their job as it is none of my business. Anyway I thought what I said was perfectly clear, judging by the time you posted this your thinking may have been beer induced, thats cool I had a few last night myself. Hope this clears up your question and have a great week, I'm off to golf.

Do you really think management is smart enough to plot that far ahead??? Oh, by the way.......are those black helicopters hovering over your house???:hide:

Yes, I think they think that far ahead. Dave V. sat across the table from the GR road steward about 8 yrs ago and said the next thing they were going after was part time dock help and road drivers doing their own drops and hooks.

They don't hover anymore I launched a 55gal drum at them:hysterical:

As far as you hearing about it once a week, I'm wondering just who in MANAGEMENT you are talking to? Do you let other drivers tell you when and where to take your breaks or naps?

You sure are quick to point fingers. I think maybe you should crawl out from under managements desk and sit in a break room for a while and listen to the stories. It is amazing what other drivers will say in a breakroom. I get to do it often thanks to generous city drivers who allow me to use their breakroom for hours at a time while they do my drops. Maybe you should quit acting the the union is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and union members never do anything wrong.

I love roadies.

You sure are quick to point fingers. I think maybe you should crawl out from under managements desk and sit in a break room for a while and listen to the stories. It is amazing what other drivers will say in a breakroom. I get to do it often thanks to generous city drivers who allow me to use their breakroom for hours at a time while they do my drops. Maybe you should quit acting the the union is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and union members never do anything wrong.

At least you get to catch up on your sleep you slug, besides you are a roady and you people always like to exaggerate.

If you had to wait, it's because the last terminal that loaded the trailer mixed up the freight and we had to brake the entire trailer to get to our freight, so don't YOU be so quick to point fingers:tongue0002:.

At our term if you wait more than to 20 min. for a drop it's too long.

And next time when we give you the privilege to use our break room do not sit on our already designated chairs, you can stand for 15 min., after all you have been sitting on your fat as**s for who knows how long, oh, and one more thing, we don't want to hear about your road adventures, because we have heard the same stories a thousand times before from other roadies, but most of all, we don't want to hear about NASCAR. Other than that you'll be OK.:deal:???

GBA:USA:

You are right about one thing, I don't talk to many other drivers as I don't see many at the time I come to work. As far as the "Union being the best thing since sliced bread" for me it is. I had a two year break in service from 1987 to 1989 and had a little taste of working without a contract and union benefits and workrules, and I didn't care for the flavor. You know what, you and I are the union, so what you say negative about it, you are basically saying about yourself. As far as being "quick to point a finger", I just don't put my nose in other peoples work habits. Life is to short to worry about how somebody else does their job as I can only do mine.:smilie_132:

Ue position will be gone .... What takes its place ..... Who knows ....the bs contract states that the company has the right to add or delete these jobs ..... Lets see which way the teeter totters ...either way there will be drivers lookin for jobs .... Thanks j.h. ... Good luck guys

At least you get to catch up on your sleep you slug, besides you are a roady and you people always like to exaggerate.

If you had to wait, it's because the last terminal that loaded the trailer mixed up the freight and we had to brake the entire trailer to get to our freight, so don't YOU be so quick to point fingers:tongue0002:.

At our term if you wait more than to 20 min. for a drop it's too long.

And next time when we give you the privilege to use our break room do not sit on our already designated chairs, you can stand for 15 min., after all you have been sitting on your fat as**s for who knows how long, oh, and one more thing, we don't want to hear about your road adventures, because we have heard the same stories a thousand times before from other roadies, but most of all, we don't want to hear about NASCAR. Other than that you'll be OK.:deal:???

I have to tell you I was a city driver far longer than I have been linehaul, so you are talking out your a**.

As for the trailer being missloaded your talking out that same dark orifice. I am on a bid so I pull the same freight every night and I try to get the drop off before they open because I can be in and out in 15 minutes (must be all that city experience and knowing how to operate a lift truck), where if I get there after they are open it is an hour minimum.

And I have been to your terminal and sat there just as long on the way to Chicago, so give me a break.

And on the last point.....NASCAR sucks......NHRA rules......have a good day sir.

You are right about one thing, I don't talk to many other drivers as I don't see many at the time I come to work. As far as the "Union being the best thing since sliced bread" for me it is. I had a two year break in service from 1987 to 1989 and had a little taste of working without a contract and union benefits and workrules, and I didn't care for the flavor. You know what, you and I are the union, so what you say negative about it, you are basically saying about yourself. As far as being "quick to point a finger", I just don't put my nose in other peoples work habits. Life is to short to worry about how somebody else does their job as I can only do mine.:smilie_132:

You are correct, but you forget one thing, in our industry the way one person does his job effects other people. The longer drops take, the longer it is before I get home to my family. The laziness in loading a trailer means the more freight that has to be picked up by the guy on the other end. I am not on here to point fingers, and I am done arguing with brother Teamsters.
I am on here for information on what is going on around the system. I too used to be proud to ba a Teamster, and would not want to go back to a non-union company, but our leadership and their lack of strength has unfortunately turned the union into a joke. It is not supposed to be us against each other or us against the company. The union is supposed to be there to protect us and our jobs, I you can show me how the union (and by union, I mean the international, not one or two locals) has stood up for us and fought I will put my union pin on again and be proud to wear it. There are people on here that are from my local and they know who I am, it's not hard to figure it out, and they have heard me say these exact things. Years ago I think I showed it when Hoffa Jr. was at our barn for a meet and greet, he tried to shake my hand and I turned and walked away. I think if Hoffa Sr. was still around he would have had his son taken for a ride. He's a damn lawyer for christ sakes, when does a lawyer care about anyone for themselves? When there is money in it for them. It is time for some people to take their union blindfold off and see we are not being represented properly. how long are they going to drag out this UE bulls*** and take golf trips on our dollars to talk about it. It's not that hard. Maybe it's time we all stop arguing with each other and turn our anger where it belongs, toward the IBT.

Putting Our Customers First???

USF INDY, a voice of reason. Why would any man let a buck stand in the way of servicing our frt? . We better put our customers first for a change before it's to late. GRIZZ

The Company Doesn't Put The Customers First!!! I was Laid-Off in March From Line Haul, Bumped Into The City, Laid Off Again In September. Now I get Called to work for Sunday Night Only. We have about 40 people Laid off, with City Loads Sitting in the Yard Not Getting Delivered. WHERE IS THE COMPANIES CUSTOMER SERVICE??? We are losing some of our biggest accounts because of the lack of customer service!!!! Just Had To Vent.:flame:

Boo Hoo

I have to tell you I was a city driver far longer than I have been linehaul, so you are talking out your a**.

As for the trailer being missloaded your talking out that same dark orifice. I am on a bid so I pull the same freight every night and I try to get the drop off before they open because I can be in and out in 15 minutes (must be all that city experience and knowing how to operate a lift truck), where if I get there after they are open it is an hour minimum.

And I have been to your terminal and sat there just as long on the way to Chicago, so give me a break.

And on the last point.....NASCAR sucks......NHRA rules......have a good day sir.

The only time that I have a good day is when I don't hear roadies exaggerate about how long they have to wait, so I have a suggestion for you, stop your crying, do your job and we will both have a nice day or night.:ShakeHandsNah:

thats right we need raceing around the trying to do the drop @ hook in 5 min. backing them in wrong or not at all and not letting anybody know about the flat tires or lites out ? or jobs that you would be taking. that something i see linehaul alway cring about .

The only time that I have a good day is when I don't hear roadies exaggerate about how long they have to wait, so I have a suggestion for you, stop your crying, do your job and we will both have a nice day or night.:ShakeHandsNah:

Hey, it all pays the same $$$$$:biglaugh:

Lets take a look at the big picture. Drops are not the problem,it is how they are loaded.If you have a drop that is loaded wrong tell you TM and they are suppose to send memo to other Tm, after all they have a time limit on drops and if recieving terminal cant get them done fast enough they will let freight set till next night.The TMS are more than happy to pass the blame onto another TM and they will get it right next time. And if any one tells you it is all managments fault they are wrong, I have seen guys stop in the middle of a drop and go to break instead of taking three or four more pallets off the truck, that is **** poor work ethics I have never been told go to break now or you lose your break. The letter from Holland is true we can all improve on what we are doing, we cant reinvent the wheel but we can make it roll smoother. I have seen guys with multi town pedals drive 10 miles out of there way to get rid of one skid instead of moving it out of the way once or twice and getting rid of it at the right time in there route, There are a lot of people that love to blame the other guy and use ther own laziness as an excuse to justify their stupid and in effecient actions.We all need to work together and we can fix our problems and quit expecting the political B.S. to do it for us.

Lets take a look at the big picture. Drops are not the problem,it is how they are loaded.If you have a drop that is loaded wrong tell you TM and they are suppose to send memo to other Tm, after all they have a time limit on drops and if recieving terminal cant get them done fast enough they will let freight set till next night.The TMS are more than happy to pass the blame onto another TM and they will get it right next time. And if any one tells you it is all managments fault they are wrong, I have seen guys stop in the middle of a drop and go to break instead of taking three or four more pallets off the truck, that is **** poor work ethics I have never been told go to break now or you lose your break. The letter from Holland is true we can all improve on what we are doing, we cant reinvent the wheel but we can make it roll smoother. I have seen guys with multi town pedals drive 10 miles out of there way to get rid of one skid instead of moving it out of the way once or twice and getting rid of it at the right time in there route, There are a lot of people that love to blame the other guy and use ther own laziness as an excuse to justify their stupid and in effecient actions.We all need to work together and we can fix our problems and quit expecting the political B.S. to do it for us.

What problems are created by Labor? If there is someone not doing their job it because management allows this behavior. Concerning trailers not loaded properly; I can tell you that in Indy they are instructed to load as they strip a trailer. So if there is a CO/BU Trailer it will be loaded in no order. Many times at night there are several trailers loaded to clear the dock. YRC only cares about numbers. They want bills per hour. They want all of the money. They do not care about the customer. If business is slow on Tuesday, they cut Labor. Then they do not have enough Labor on Wednesday. The Customer should always come first. Labor might be high sometimes, that is the cost of good customer service. There are always a few bads apples, right now they are mostly in management. I worked hard everyday and was still placed on layoff. I tried to work the dock. I was angry about the layoff and I still did my casual job in the city (very well). And again the Company cared so much that they would work me 1 or 2 days a week so they would not have to pay my health insurance for my family. Or they would wait until 4 or 5 p.m. to call for work, they want me to say no so they could work their $14 per hour Labor. The bills per day and OB loads have not changed. YRC is crying economic hardship and yet they continue to pay down their debt. How is that possible if every subsidiary is loosing money? This entire situation can be attributed to greed. Greed by YRC and the IBT. Greed from some fellow Teamsters. There is no excuse for anyone to work more than 50 hours or drive 3600 - 3800 miles in a week with the number of layoffs at Holland. There is no excuse for a lame duck CEO to get paid $5 million plus. How many jobs could be added if Mr. Z. took a pay cut for the good of the Company?

What problems are created by Labor? If there is someone not doing their job it because management allows this behavior. Concerning trailers not loaded properly; I can tell you that in Indy they are instructed to load as they strip a trailer. So if there is a CO/BU Trailer it will be loaded in no order. Many times at night there are several trailers loaded to clear the dock. YRC only cares about numbers. They want bills per hour. They want all of the money. They do not care about the customer. If business is slow on Tuesday, they cut Labor. Then they do not have enough Labor on Wednesday. The Customer should always come first. Labor might be high sometimes, that is the cost of good customer service. There are always a few bads apples, right now they are mostly in management. I worked hard everyday and was still placed on layoff. I tried to work the dock. I was angry about the layoff and I still did my casual job in the city (very well). And again the Company cared so much that they would work me 1 or 2 days a week so they would not have to pay my health insurance for my family. Or they would wait until 4 or 5 p.m. to call for work, they want me to say no so they could work their $14 per hour Labor. The bills per day and OB loads have not changed. YRC is crying economic hardship and yet they continue to pay down their debt. How is that possible if every subsidiary is loosing money? This entire situation can be attributed to greed. Greed by YRC and the IBT. Greed from some fellow Teamsters. There is no excuse for anyone to work more than 50 hours or drive 3600 - 3800 miles in a week with the number of layoffs at Holland. There is no excuse for a lame duck CEO to get paid $5 million plus. How many jobs could be added if Mr. Z. took a pay cut for the good of the Company?

There is a long way to go to pay down 1 billion in debt.

they do not care about anything other than lining their own POCKETS!!!! Has anyone looked at the dow ind lately ?:chairshot::chairshot: